NFL Rumors / Signings / Cuts / Trades (Non-Jets)

C Mart

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It it was straight up, I'd be right there with you. 

Dallas and Tony Romo are holding all these quarterback situations up

This...Dominos will start to fall once Romo's situation is finalized

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I want the young guys Petty and Hackenberg to start. At the same time I still want a veteran backup who can come in cold.

So Daniel fits that description. 

How? The guy has 78 career pass attempts.  Bryce Petty fits that description better than he does.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

If we traded Sheldon straight up for Chase ******* Daniels.  I think I might considering bombing Florham Park. 

Isn't this considered a terrorist threat  ?   Be careful Beloved, because folks are watching and listening  .

The Eagles signed Foles so a possibility as rumored the Jets will trade for Daniels and if we did pick up his contract. Which is a good contract for a backup but low money for a starter. Daniels to me is unproven, he really hasn't played much but if the OC believes in him to run his offense he might be a reasonable game manager. I think this could be the direction Mac goes in. 

28 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The have been in touch with QB Jay Cutler, source said, & are keeping tabs on him. Expect a visit as they explore their options at QB

Talk about saying nothing. 

The fact that this is even an option tells me all I need to turn the page on this front office and coaching staff.  

The goal, every single season is to build a team that can compete for a championship.  It is not to win enough games to not get fired.

What does bringing in Cutler, at this point in his career going to do to help us build a team that can compete for championships?

what it will do is negatively influence the youngsters on our team with his attitude and work habits.  Culture of youth and enthusiasm will be replaced with finger pointing, bad attitudes, along with terrible football.

I can deal with a multi-year rebuild as long as I see the younger players developing on the team.  Don't F'n give me a 4 or 5 win team that is littered with 30-something year old players either bad at their job or at best, past their prime.

If Macc signs Cutler, Woody should fire him on the spot and immediately release Cutler.  This isn't Mike Vick bad, but it's pretty close.

The Eagles signed Foles so a possibility as rumored the Jets will trade for Daniels and if we did pick up his contract. Which is a good contract for a backup but low money for a starter. Daniels to me is unproven, he really hasn't played much but if the OC believes in him to run his offense he might be a reasonable game manager. I think this could be the direction Mac goes in. 

Just now, Pcola said:

The fact that this is even an option tells me all I need to turn the page on this front office and coaching staff.  

The goal, every single season is to build a team that can compete for a championship.  It is not to win enough games to not get fired.

What does bringing in Cutler, at this point in his career going to do to help us build a team that can compete for championships?

what it will do is negatively influence the youngsters on our team with his attitude and work habits.  Culture of youth and enthusiasm will be replaced with finger pointing, bad attitudes, along with terrible football.

I can deal with a multi-year rebuild as long as I see the younger players developing on the team.  Don't F'n give me a 4 or 5 win team that is littered with 30-something year old players either bad at their job or at best, past their prime.

If Macc signs Cutler, Woody should fire him on the spot and immediately release Cutler.  This isn't Mike Vick bad, but it's pretty close.

Nothing in that tweet changed anything that we already knew. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Dude, we are not one player away.  We need about 1/2 dozen to 8-9 solid new starters, including a QB.  Brandin Cooks was not coming here anyway.  

Hi Steve.  Not sure why you and several others did not get my meaning.  I was not responding to the Pats signing Cook.  It was to our overall low key participation in free agency. As we need players at so many positions, I was hoping Mcc would have been making more of an impact.

There may be an unofficial NFL policy that to field a team and collect ticket and TV revenue a team needs to have a QB on the roster that has started at least X games.   I don't think Petty is meeting that requirement.   A draft pick would not either.   The Jets have totally bungled their QB situation.  It will be very hard for Petty to survive on this roster, even if we thought he would be good, as another QB is likely to get drafted.  

The Browns had RG III and McCown and still sufficiently tanked.  The Jets need to sign someone, but I agree that Cutler is the worst possible option.  Daniels is betterish, as is Osweiler.

This roster is so, so bad.  There is only 1 position group where a draft pick would be redundant.  

I guess Daniel is getting cut.  If Morton likes him I guess you can have him in.  They sure as sh*t better not be paying $7M per for a 30 year old midget with a chicken arm and 2 career starts.  Read the draft reports when he came out.  He came out the same year as Stafford and Sanchez - walterfootball.com ranked him 32nd that year - behind such JN favorites as Drew Willy, Rhett Bomar and Nate Davis.  He is listed behind Mike Teel and John Parker Wilson twice!  He had a bad Shrine week and his hands and wing span were small.  The only one that liked him (along with Graham Harrell) was bleacher report (LOL) because These two QBs have great stats in college and in the combine.  Haha.  Combine.  I guess they liked him 2nd after Pat White cause he ran a decent 40. 

I want the Jets to sign a nominal veteran QB to be part of a sad excuse for a competition for the starting job. Key trait is that he won't put the team over the top enough to be 5-11 or 6-10. Daniels fits the bill, plus that has to mean no Jay Cutler right? Zero problem with signing Daniels if he's cut.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I want the Jets to sign a nominal veteran QB to be part of a sad excuse for a competition for the starting job. Key trait is that he won't put the team over the top enough to be 5-11 or 6-10. Daniels fits the bill, plus that has to mean no Jay Cutler right? Zero problem with signing Daniels if he's cut.

And he did get cut and I think the Jets WILL go after him. 

Daniels, Petty and Hack will be battling it out for the starting gig. Should be fun to watch. 

This season we may have the least amount of $$$ invested in the QB position in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

IMO, If you are drafted as a QB in the NFL and after one season you are not ready to start a game then you will never be a starting QB.  

Why does it matter if it's 1 yr or 2 yrs if the guy turns out to be your starter for 10+ seasons?

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

IMO, If you are drafted as a QB in the NFL and after one season you are not ready to start a game then you will never be a starting QB.  

What do you base that off? Why? Seriously, why do you believe this. Don't you think certain QBs take longer to develop or, you know, certain Franchises believe in sitting a young QB longer? Not all QB prospects are the same. 

And, I mean, 'ready to start' is pretty relative right? If the coach thinks you are ready, you are ready. But not all coaches are the same. All young QBs are ready if you ask THEM. If a coach decides to put a QB out there and he absolutely STINKS and clearly needs to work on aspects of his game, does that make his 'ready'? Or was it a mistake by the coach putting him out there? Or is he- as you suggest, simply a bust? Its all relative. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Why does it matter if it's 1 yr or 2 yrs if the guy turns out to be your starter for 10+ seasons?

They are only under contract for 4 years (+ 1 year team option for 1sts).  After that you are dealing with Kirk Cousins.  Don't get me wrong, the 'skins are glad they have him, but if they had a reasonable idea he'd be a legit starter before his last contract year I'm sure they'd have locked him up.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They are only under contract for 4 years (+ 1 year team option for 1sts).  After that you are dealing with Kirk Cousins.  Don't get me wrong, the 'skins are glad they have him, but if they had a reasonable idea he'd be a legit starter before his last contract year I'm sure they'd have locked him up.

Not a really fair comparison. Cousins was drafted the same year the Redskins mortgaged their future to trade up for RG111. They had to give RG111 3-4 years before they could ever cut bait, By that time, really too late to do much with Cousins.

Just now, section314 said:

Not a really fair comparison. Cousins was drafted the same year the Redskins mortgaged their future to trade up for RG111. They had to give RG111 3-4 years before they could ever cut bait, By that time, really too late to do much with Cousins.

I wasn't complaining about Cousins.  Just saying if you don't know if a guy is QB until year 4, you might as well be signing a FA.  Those guys are getting paid.  Even the ones that haven't show much (Osweiler, Glennon).  

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Free agent linebacker Kevin Minter is taking a visit to Indy. Will meet with the Colts

Any visits to his boy Todd in New Jersey? Serious question.  Or is this his only visit so far?

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Because he sucks. They should either trade for AJ McCarron, or draft Watson. Let the young guys compete for the job.

Why not do both? Throw them all together and see who wins the job. I doubt it happens but I would sure love to see it. Its not like they are winning anything next season anyway.

Archived