Report: Revis set to re-join Patriots

JetNation

No one is paying Revis more than $6 million, therefore he has every incentive to help his new team out and play for the vet minimum. I am sure having the Jets pay his salary while he's on the patriots competing for Super Bowl was kitty litter for Bill Belichek. This shouldn't anger me, and Revis was objectionably finished last year in my opinion and not just out of shape- helost his quick twitch and his speed, but this still bothers the sh*t out of me.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Let's see, get paid $6 million for doing nothing, or get paid less than $6 million for actually having to put forth some sort of effort for the Patriots? Which choice do you think Revis will make?

He gets his 6 no matter what

10 minutes ago, David Harris said:

No one is paying Revis more than $6 million, therefore he has every incentive to help his new team out and play for the vet minimum. I am sure having the Jets pay his salary while he's on the patriots competing for Super Bowl was kitty litter for Bill Belichek. This shouldn't anger me, and Revis was objectionably finished last year in my opinion and not just out of shape- helost his quick twitch and his speed, but this still bothers the sh*t out of me.

Yes but what position is he playing?

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In seriousness, how many players have the Pats signed from us that actually did better/well? I can really only think of Woodhead. Revis was signed from Tampa so that doesn't count.

So I think that worry is a myth

Shaun Ellis. At least he didn't get a ring. 

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Let's see, get paid $6 million for doing nothing, or get paid less than $6 million for actually having to put forth some sort of effort for the Patriots? Which choice do you think Revis will make?

There is no outcome that results in Revis geting paid less than $6m this year. 

More like get paid $6m to do nothing, or get paid $6m to diet with, and then maybe play for, the Patriots. Either way he gets paid the same.

He will be a decent #3

I don't see it....he was a step behind playing on the outside against bigger guys where he could be much more physical than he could in the nickel position.....other than playing some sort of zone I think he gets beat pretty often against decent slot receivers.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

7 tackles and 1 sack in 14 games. No that's not playing well

It is if you're Shaun Ellis. :)  I liked Ellis for the most part and wasn't happy when he went there, so it all evened out in the end.  Let's see, who else . . . Otis Smith, and also Roman Phifer, those are the other two that come to mind at the moment. Those two did result in rings. 

Anyway, if Revis happens, it's half hilarious and half infuriating.  I swear, I think Belicheat does this crap just to F with the Jets. Age is more a liability for Revis more than anything else at this point. If he gets retained after the pre-season, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to reap the benefits of not doing much of anything and adding ring #2 to his collection - but he won't be fat. 

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Agreed, just like the Pats did their 1st contract with him.  It will be a voidable year 2.  Revis would only do it to partially stick it to the Jets for giving up on him and also if his ego still matters he will have something to prove to the world.

Doesn't he still get the 6 mil regardless?  I can't see the Cheats offering him more than league minimum when the Jets are still responsible to make up the difference. Why would they? It'll just twist the knife more as far the Jets are concerned, and I'm not sure how many teams out there are convinced Revis is worth more than what's left on his contract. anyway. I could be wrong about everything that I said, but I don't think so.  

EDIT: Nevermind, I got ahead of myself. 

19 minutes ago, jetophile said:

It is if you're Shaun Ellis. :)  I liked Ellis for the most part and wasn't happy when he went there, so it all evened out in the end.  Let's see, who else . . . Otis Smith, and also Roman Phifer, those are the other two that come to mind at the moment. Those two did result in rings. 

Anyway, if Revis happens, it's half hilarious and half infuriating.  I swear, I think Belicheat does this crap just to F with the Jets. Age is more a liability for Revis more than anything else at this point. If he gets retained after the pre-season, I'm sure he'll be more than happy to reap the benefits of not doing much of anything and adding ring #2 to his collection - but he won't be fat. 

Otis is interesting because he was with the Pats in 1996, went with Parcells to the Jets and then went back to NE. So the fact that he was in NE first kind of limits that anger.

Roman Phifer I will give you. 

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

and he will show up to camp in shape, and hustle proving he was just here for his last big payday

**** this guy

any revis lovers left?

If he doesn't show up in shape his real head coach BB will probably cut him unlike our imposter head coach who let the players run the asylum. 

Still a Revis fan. 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If he doesn't show up in shape his real head coach BB will probably cut him unlike our imposter head coach who let the players run the asylum. 

Still a Revis fan. 

cool, when he goes into the HOF as a patriot make sure to remember that

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

any revis lovers left?

**** yes

I have never seen a non-QB navigate the NFL's bullsh*t so successfully. That he's a villain for running his own career, hell that he had the talent to pull it off when the whole system (maaaan) is built to burn and turn, only makes the laundry list of successes more awesome. We're probably never going to see this again, we will be worse off for it. 

Dude's the GOAT DB and the GOAT at playing the business side of the game. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

**** yes

I have never seen a non-QB navigate the NFL's bullsh*t so successfully. That he's a villain for running his own career, hell that he had the talent to pull it off when the whole system (maaaan) is built to burn and turn, only makes the laundry list of successes more awesome. We're probably never going to see this again, we will be worse off for it. 

Dude's the GOAT DB, forget CB, and 

Revis Roger Dorning the last two years isnt exactly something to brag about. You don't sound like a Jets fan.  

13 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

**** yes

Dude's the GOAT DB and the GOAT at playing the business side of the game. 

cool

when he wins another 2 SB's with tommy boy, that will help you sleep I'm sure

Archived