Report: Revis set to re-join Patriots

JetNation

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SenorGato said:

Trying to what? Fix this? Turn this long running sh*t show around?

He was FO's 12th ranked corner in 2015 at 3whatever years older, no clue where this two year stuff came from. 

I expect guys to try hard. Revis getting paid a lot and mailing it in isnt an accomplishment. You seem to be celebrating it as if you were getting a cut of the check.

Just now, Matt39 said:

I expect guys to try hard. Revis getting paid a lot and mailing it in isnt an accomplishment. You seem to be celebrating it as if you were getting a cut of the check.

If anyone mailed it in during the 2016 season it was Ryan Fitzpatrick.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets make tons of money and mail it in year after year. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Been trying to point out the level of this one man's douchbaggery for years now. And some fans just won't listen. They just can't or won't let it sink in. The hard facts abou this cocksucker jackass. 

Revis is tied with Santonio Holmes as my least favorite Jet of All Time. Should have been my all time favorite....and ends up my all time least favorite. *continues to sharpen blade by a cold fire

YESSSSSSS.......   I'll further that and say 24 jerseys mean nothing to me.   A real fan won't wear a 24 jersey.  REVIS sucks IMO. 

4 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This is like Tebow all over again.  If Revis don't have it in the tank, BB will cut him in the preseason.  Of course BB is going to take a chance, why the hell not, its the Jets 6million dollars not the Pats.  Pats will sign him for vet minimum.

okay. so revis joons the patsies.  if he makes the team , even for vet minimum, it at least helps the jets a bit but whatever he gets from the patsies.  of course if he does play well people are going to be kicking mac for releasing this guy.  it's gonna be interesting.

If this is true, I hope the Jets disabuse themselves of putting him in the Ring of Honor and sponsoring him for the Hall of Fame.  This is a business and everyone has to look out for themselves, but the way he has conducted himself with the Jets was really despicable.  

I have a hard time believing that he could not have worked this out with the Jets like a man, giving them some type of deal to keep him around, committing to stay fit, etc.

The fact of the matter is that he showed up out of shape in 2016, played terribly, gave up on plays, got himself cut with guaranteed money, and now uses that guarantee to sign what is likely a minimum deal with the Patriots.  So the Jets pay for him to play for the Patriots, and I guarantee that he is in better shape, and plays better and harder, because he knows that he is now playing for a 2018 and beyond contract.  He had no intention of retiring.

It does not really matter much at this point, as there was no way under any circumstances that the 2017 Jets roster was beating the Patriots, but its the principle.  

So the Jets should stay away from him and not promote him anymore.  With Revis it is all about the money.   And yes, I don't believe that move was Mac's-it was Woody, and it is looking worse and worse now.

And not for nothing, and I like Nick Mangold, my guess is that when you see a picture of him next time, he is in better shape than you last saw him.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Congrats Darrelle Revis you will get another Super Bowl ring because a good team like NE doesn't need you at 110% they have the players and the coaches who will make it all work out. 

Image result for revis super bowl trophy pics

Image result for revis and belichick pics

Are you saying that the great Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers were wrong to put Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in man coverage against the opposing team's #1 receiver week after week despite the fact that Revis and Cromartie were getting ritually toasted, and that Bill Belichick might not use that same outside-the-box tactic in New England? Poppycock, I'd say.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Are you saying that the great Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers were wrong to put Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie in man coverage against the opposing team's #1 receiver week after week despite the fact that Revis and Cromartie were getting ritually toasted, and that Bill Belichick might not use that same outside-the-box tactic in New England? Poppycock, I'd say.

Uh huh..................

Revis will do just fine on the Pats because Belichick knows how to run a defense and he knows that Revis is probably not the same player he was years ago. Last year all Revis needed was some safety help and he was hung out to dry vs younger much faster WR's  on a defense that simply could not pressure the QB.

Revis had the years he had in 09 and 10 because the Jets created pressure limiting Revis cover time by a large Margin so Revis was able to play to that scheme very well and play very tight coverage. People don't see those subtle differences and will get kicked in the teeth when Revis does well on the Pats.

10 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, he is the only one in the NFL all about the money. The owners make money because the gods are rewarding their good natures.

I wouldnt begrudge a single one of these players for chasing as much cash as they can considering all the physical risks they take and the long term health problems they will endure after their careers . 

I think most fans would agree with this but what is not acceptable is getting a nice contract and then playing fat and sloppy. Like a slouch.

Unfortunately that is what he will most be remembered for by NYJ fans.

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

YESSSSSSS.......   I'll further that and say 24 jerseys mean nothing to me.   A real fan won't wear a 24 jersey.  REVIS sucks IMO. 

what about my #24 jersey that says "McNeil" on it?  And I'm a real fan. ( I also have a 24 Revis.)

13 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, he is the only one in the NFL all about the money. The owners make money because the gods are rewarding their good natures.

No one says "he is the only one".  But no doubt, nobody flaunts his greed quite in the way that Revis has done.  He's the prototype of greedy athletes that don't give a sht about anything else, including the team or the fans.  His a-hole uncle taught him well.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well they still have Butler, so they would have to trade him. I dont see Revis as a nickel corner. so they would have to trade Butler to make it happen. And even if that happens, they are moving a step down

The previous poster said he'd be the 2nd or 3rd corner and you disagreed. HSo if he's not 2 or 3 then you believe he'll be 4th or 5th?

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The previous poster said he'd be the 2nd or 3rd corner and you disagreed. HSo if he's not 2 or 3 then you believe he'll be 4th or 5th?

No I believe he's not going to New England at all. It doesn't make any sense for them. The only way it would even make sense is if they traded Butler away. And that would be a downgrade.

If he did go, he would have to be 2nd corner. I didn't get that the previous poster was being hypothetical. My bad. 

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Combine those factors with the fact that he basically burned everybody in NE when he left the first time, and it just doesn't make sense.

If he does end up there, it'll just be another in a long line of blunders for the Patriots

Archived