Who WILL Jets draft at #6? Who SHOULD Jets draft at #6? Who Jets SHOULD NOT draft at #6

Sarge4Tide

Jets WILL Select? Jets SHOULD Select? Jets SHOULD NOT Select?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets stay at Pick #6, I think they WILL select.......

• Clemson QB Deshaun Watsono
    • UNC QB Mitch Trubinsky
    • Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes
    • LSU RB Leonard Fournette
    • FSU RB Dalvin Cook
    • Clemson WR MIke Williams
    • WMU WR Corey Davis
    • Alabama TE OJ Howard
    • Alabama DL Jonathan Allen
    • UCLA DE Takkarist McKinley
    • Temple DE Haason Reddick,
    • Alabama LB Rueben Foster
    • Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore
    • Ohio State S Malik Hooker
    • LSU S Jamal Adams
    • Someone Else
  2. 2. If the Jets stay at Pick #6, I think they SHOULD select.......

• Clemson QB Deshaun Watson
    • UNC QB Mitch Trubinsky
    • FSU RB Dalvin Cook
    • WMU WR Corey Davis
    • Alabama TE OJ Howard
    • LSU S Jamal Adams
    • Someone Else
  3. 3. If the Jets stay at Pick #6, I think they SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT select.......(check all that apply)

• Clemson QB Deshaun Watson
    • UNC QB Mitch Trubinsky
    • FSU RB Dalvin Cook
    • WMU WR Corey Davis
    • Alabama TE OJ Howard
    • LSU S Jamal Adams

Ok, I promise this will be my last draft related poll prior to the draft,..........

Assuming the Jets keep pick #6 in this month's NFL draft, who do you think they WILL select?  Regardless of who you think they will select, who SHOULD they select?  Who should the Jets NOT select?

(I'm going to count Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas as being off the board)

I hope they select Jamal Adams or Leonard Fournette (though I think Jacksonville takes him at 4). I think they will do the dumbest thing of all and take a QB, which is exactly what they should NOT do. Too many holes and they need to let Hackenberg play to see what he brings. No one expects a playoff run by these guys, but you have got to build a foundation around a QB, not just keep going after one like a dog chasing his tail. Take a guy like Brad Kaaya or Nathan Peterman in the third and throw them in the mix and may the best man win.

Just wondering why Tak McKinley is on there but no Derek Barnett?  Also, Dalvin Cook's stock has been dropping.  Some mock drafts have him out of the 1st round.  He wasn't impressive at the combine, has had 3 shoulder surgeries and a hamstring injury, and off field concerns have been a buzz lately.  

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets have no QB and one of the worst Offenses in the NFL over the past fifteen seasons.

Safety and TE top Jets Fans list.

No wonder folks lol at Jets fans.

A pretty simplistic dig, don't you think?

Everything we read seems to indicate that the QB prospects are blah. The WRs aren't top 10 worthy. I wouldn't mind Fournette, but who knows if he drops? 

Sadly, S and Howard are probably BPA where we will be picking. But yeah, let's waste a #6 pick on a QB prospect who probably won't be able to beat out Josh McCown. Solid plan. 

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

Sadly, S and Howard are probably BPA where we will be picking. But yeah, let's waste a #6 pick on a QB prospect who probably won't be able to beat out Josh McCown. Solid plan. 

Nailed it 

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Nailed it 

No  he didn't, and for the  very reason he mentioned . If the Jets drafted the very best prospect from the 2017 draft, it probably would have little effect on the outcome of that season .The issue is and should never be about the immediate future of the franchise, but the long term future. Who cares if Trubisky,(since he's the issue) gets beaten out by McCown in 2017 . That kid sat behind a QB in college and when it was his turn, he went from unknown to the head of the QB class for this draft .

He studied and he mastered and for me, that's worth investing in . In 4 yrs, the Jets will have to decide whether to pick up an option on a safety, a QB or a TE and I would prefer to have that option at QB over any other position .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

No  he didn't, and for the  very reason he mentioned . If the Jets drafted the very best prospect from the 2017 draft, it probably would have little effect on the outcome of that season .The issue is and should never be about the immediate future of the franchise, but the long term future. Who cares if Trubisky,(since he's the issue) gets beaten out by McCown in 2017 . That kid sat behind a QB in college and when it was his turn, he went from unknown to the head of the QB class for this draft .

He studied and he mastered and for me, that's worth investing in . In 4 yrs, the Jets will have to decide whether to pick up an option on a safety, a QB or a TE and I would prefer to have that option at QB over any other position .

I'd rather pick up the 5th year option on a Pro Bowl safety than on a jackleg 3rd string career backup.  If the Jets have one of the QBs rated highly, that's fine with me, just don't throw a hail mary hoping for a miracle at QB when there's a much higher rated player at another position

Also, drafting best player available is all about building for the longterm.  That's what you do when you draft BPA

22 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ok, I promise this will be my last draft related poll prior to the draft,..........

Assuming the Jets keep pick #6 in this month's NFL draft, who do you think they WILL select?  Regardless of who you think they will select, who SHOULD they select?  Who should the Jets NOT select?

(I'm going to count Myles Garrett and Solomon Thomas as being off the board)

I think OJ Howard because I just think it will come down to BAP, assuming Mac is true to his word and he sees it similarly.  It should be DeShaun Watson (assuming he's there).  But that's the thing with both questions, you dont know what will be available.  This is a tough draft to predict.

I voted should not for Trubisky (1 year starter underclassman), Fournette, Cook (RB's), Allen (gluttony on roster), Foster (made same mistake last year), McKinley, Reddick (too early), Lattimore, Hooker (dont trust at 6).

3 hours ago, shuler82 said:

A pretty simplistic dig, don't you think?

Nope.  

Everything we read seems to indicate that the QB prospects are blah. The WRs aren't top 10 worthy. I wouldn't mind Fournette, but who knows if he drops? 

People routinely make rationalizations for making what amount to pants-on-head stupid decisions.  

Like drafting yet another Safety, with limited experience, coming off an injury....on a team where a safety means very little given our horror-show roster at actual, meaningful, impact positions......because the possible franchise QB's, WR's or RB's just aren't franchise-y enough for the Mel Kiper wanna-be crowd.

When you ask yourself why the Jets perennially suck on offense, yet also have a sh*tty pass D, think about exchanges like this one.

No, you're so right, lets waste it on another Safety.  That'll certainly solve our near-permanent Offensive woes, answer the QB position, and help us cover #1 WR's.

But....but.....better than Ed Reed, right?

Why would we want a legit franchise RB?  Or to have an actual NFL #1 WR?  Or to try and find a franchise QB?  After all, we hack Hack!

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.  

People routinely make rationalizations for making what amount to pants-on-head stupid decisions.  

Like drafting yet another Safety, with limited experience, coming off an injury....on a team where a safety means very little given our horror-show roster at actual, meaningful, impact positions......because the possible franchise QB's, WR's or RB's just aren't franchise-y enough for the Mel Kiper wanna-be crowd.

When you ask yourself why the Jets perennially suck on offense, yet also have a sh*tty pass D, think about exchanges like this one.

No, you're so right, lets waste it on another Safety.  That'll certainly solve our near-permanent Offensive woes, answer the QB position, and help us cover #1 WR's.

But....but.....better than Ed Reed, right?

Why would we want a legit franchise RB?  Or to have an actual NFL #1 WR?  Or to try and find a franchise QB?  After all, we hack Hack!

We don't have an adequate OL and our WR group is one of the only groups that we have some depth at.  As for QBs in this draft, a whole lotta question marks.

18 minutes ago, peebag said:

We don't have an adequate OL and our WR group is one of the only groups that we have some depth at.  As for QBs in this draft, a whole lotta question marks.

You call what we have at WR depth?

Let me remind you:

1. Decker - perennially injured, is absolutely not an NFL #1 WR by himself.

2. Quincy Enunwa - pure possession #2 WR with most of one year of productive resume (in three years).

3. Devin Smith - injury ridden bust.

4. Robby Anderson - skinny twig UDFA, current Jets Fan Hype Monster.

5. Jalin Marshall - fumble prone UDFA.

6. Charone Peake - 7th rounder.  19 career catches.

This isn't depth.  This in 6 warm bodies, two of whom (Decker and Smith) cannot be counted on whatsoever health wise.

No #1 WR on the roster today.  One #2 (Decker).  And One legit #3 (Enunwa).  The rest are complete unknowns as yet, and any idea they're starter-material is pure projection/hype.

But sure, lets draft a Safety.  Pay no mind to the one we just drafted #1 a few years back, we'll do better this time. 

I'll put it this way, had we NOT drafted Hack with a 2nd rounder last year, there would be no question we'd be looking QB (or should) this year.  And Hack was drafted three rounds to early and showed nothing whatsoever his rookie year.

Maybe we should stick to tradition and DLine.  Got to be one at #6 we can lolclaim is BAP.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I'm glad this guy posts polls with 1,827 choices on them. They really break up the monotony of his roster update threads.

You know they have an ignore feature, if it bothers you that bad, there's a simple solution

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

You know they have an ignore feature, if it bothers you that bad, there's a simple solution

You know, if being teased about your benign, redundant threads bothers you, there is an ignore feature.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You know, if being teased about your benign, redundant threads bothers you, there is an ignore feature.

Passive aggressive little bitches do bother me, so I will go ahead and put you on Ignore 

I'm going to be like a broken record until the sixth pick is handed to the commissioner. As much as most of you will hate it, without franchise QB on this team there must be no choice.
The winnest QB in this years draft and the only one with the drive, determination, leadership, and physical skills is

Deshon Watson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

You call what we have at WR depth?

Let me remind you:

1. Decker - perennially injured, is absolutely not an NFL #1 WR by himself.

2. Quincy Enunwa - pure possession #2 WR with most of one year of productive resume (in three years).

3. Devin Smith - injury ridden bust.

4. Robby Anderson - skinny twig UDFA, current Jets Fan Hype Monster.

5. Jalin Marshall - fumble prone UDFA.

6. Charone Peake - 7th rounder.  19 career catches.

This isn't depth.  This in 6 warm bodies, two of whom (Decker and Smith) cannot be counted on whatsoever health wise.

No #1 WR on the roster today.  One #2 (Decker).  And One legit #3 (Enunwa).  The rest are complete unknowns as yet, and any idea they're starter-material is pure projection/hype.

But sure, lets draft a Safety.  Pay no mind to the one we just drafted #1 a few years back, we'll do better this time. 

I'll put it this way, had we NOT drafted Hack with a 2nd rounder last year, there would be no question we'd be looking QB (or should) this year.  And Hack was drafted three rounds to early and showed nothing whatsoever his rookie year.

Maybe we should stick to tradition and DLine.  Got to be one at #6 we can lolclaim is BAP.

Here is the problem with your train of thought, you want good football players in the team.  Meaning, it's better to pick good to great players at positions that are not considered premium positions then to pick crappy players at premium positions. If you draft the crappy QB this year then you still go to next years draft needing a qb and you don't have a great safety or TE.  

Always best to take best player available  and keep adding talent regardless of position. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Here is the problem with your train of thought, you want good football players in the team.  Meaning, it's better to pick good to great players at positions that are not considered premium positions then to pick crappy players at premium positions. If you draft the crappy QB this year then you still go to next years draft needing a qb and you don't have a great safety or TE.  

Lets be clear here, if YOU know who will be a great NFL player, you're in the wrong business and wasting your time posting on forums, when you SHOULD be a professional NFL GM.

There is absolutely no guarantee either Safety will be "great".  Hyped, yes.  Great...only time will tell, and plenty of so-called "future great" players got drafted high and busted badly.

8 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Always best to take best player available  and keep adding talent regardless of position. 

And we'll just play our new, visionary, 8 D-Lineman + 3 Safety Defense and punt on every possession on first down!  What could go wrong!

BPA is a simplistic and juvenile idea, and excuse to not bother actually performing a proper analysis of needs and current roster assets.  Worse, most people don;t determine BAP themselves, they just parrot KIper and his ilk, as if those guys always get it right, lol.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lets be clear here, if YOU know who will be a great NFL player, you're in the wrong business and wasting your time posting on forums, when you SHOULD be a professional NFL GM.

There is absolutely no guarantee either Safety will be "great".  Hyped, yes.  Great...only time will tell, and plenty of so-called "future great" players got drafted high and busted badly.

And we'll just play our new, visionary, 8 D-Lineman + 3 Safety Defense and punt on every possession on first down!  What could go wrong!

BPA is a simplistic and juvenile idea, and excuse to not bother actually performing a proper analysis of needs and current roster assets.  Worse, most people don;t determine BAP themselves, they just parrot KIper and his ilk, as if those guys always get it right, lol.

Yes BPA can be simplistic and the can be made viable when there is a major drop in talent between that of BPA and that of the need player. In the case of the Jets there are so many areas of need that the player chosen very well could be the BPA. D-line does not appear to be an area of need so the falloff between Best DB, LB, and any number of offensive position would not be that great if at all. The Jets going BPA is an undisputed option this year. The disputes are over just who that player is when so many have a projected talent level so close.

Archived