Schefter: Jets to release David Harris

flgreen

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

David Harris' agents, Brian Mackler and Jim Ivler, on today's release of their client: "Very disappointing in the timing of this event and the decision. The Jets could have done this prior to free agency instead of waiting three months, especially for a player who has exhibited nothing but loyalty and class for 10 years."

So Shefter announces the cut and then gets his agent's response..things that make you go hmmmmm

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh-oh.......Sounds like the media is about to turn their hatred toward Macc..........Assurance from Woody or not, that will get him fired

Wow even if Hughes feels that way , its a douchebag thing to say about the team you cover. If I was the PR dept. , Hughes would be denied access to the team. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Uh you do know Wilk and Sheldon were benched for a half right? That's punishment. So you're not right

He blew it off to the media claiming it was no big deal.  Pretended like it was a one-time thing when it was later revealed by other teammates that it happened regularly.   Fine example of leadership. Bowles has no leadership skills. Bowles is not intelligent.  Bowles is not competent for this job. And the Jets are classless in the way they handled the release of Harris and Mangold.  You've said nothing to defend that except "all the other teams do it".  How convincing.  LOL.  

Just now, Dcat said:

He blew it off to the media claiming it was no big deal.  Pretended like it was a one-time thing when it was later revealed by other teammates that it happened regularly.   Fine example of leadership. Bowles has no leadership skills. Bowles is not intelligent.  Bowles is not competent for this job. And the Jets are classless in the way they handled the release of Harris and Mangold.  You've said nothing to defend that except "all the other teams do it".  How convincing.  LOL.  

It doesnt matter how he talked about it to the media. There was a crime and there was a punishment. End of story.

I am no defending the action, I am attacking the reaction to people here and in the media who are making this a story. WHEN IT ISN'T ONE

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously Jets fans and media will never change, And as they will never change, the organization will never change.

The trinity of idiocy.

oh, here we go with your blaming the fans for the Jets sucking again. Remember when you were banned? Good times.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Relax. Until I see this come out publicly, it's jsut speculation

just like the same exact rift between Rex and Idzik was "just speculation".  Uh-huh.  This is the result when the boss (Woody) insists on an organizational hierarchy that has never worked.   More of the same to come down the road.  All starts at the top.  

Just now, Dcat said:

just like the same exact rift between Rex and Idzik was "just speculation".  Uh-huh.  This is the result when the boss (Woody) insists on an organizational hierarchy that has never worked.   More of the same to come down the road.  All starts at the top.  

That's fine. Let me see it publiclly before calling it out

OK this is silly. The Jets did not intentionally dishonor or try to treat David Harris badly. I am sure that up to as late as last week Harris was going to be a Jet for the season. But then they agreed to get Demario Davis. And Demario should play in the Harris role, and Harris and his big salary became expendable. There was no malice or nothing bad done by the Jets here. It is just what unfolded.

Damn shame he had to get old. He was a very, very good Jet.

Also a damn shame that our GM is will to overpay sh*tbags like Fitz and Revis and McCown in lost seasons, but not a tride-and-true Jet.

I wouldn't be singing the loyalist song here, if the GM was actually capable of being financially rational, but since he isn't... then I figure a regression towards wanting Harris to retire a Jet is within bounds.

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I mean do I change my Username or do I just keep it out of respect?

I took it after his rookie year, he was the hardest hitting Jet I'd ever seen. 

He should go down as the best ILB the Jets ever had.   

Keep the name honor the player , like my namesake who IMO was the best ILB the Jets ever had. 

Just now, johnnysd said:

OK this is silly. The Jets did not intentionally dishonor or try to treat David Harris badly. I am sure that up to as late as last week Harris was going to be a Jet for the season. But then they agreed to get Demario Davis. And Demario should play in the Harris role, and Harris and his big salary became expendable. There was no malice or nothing bad done by the Jets here. It is just what unfolded.

Mountains out of molehills. I secretly think everyone here LOVES to be miserable. So they jump and go into hysterics whenever something bad, even minutely happens

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean do I change my Username or do I just keep it out of respect?

I took it after his rookie year, he was the hardest hitting Jet I'd ever seen. 

He should go down as the best ILB the Jets ever had.   

Keep it - there's dude on here called "jojotownsell*" and he's just fine.

The only thing I can think of for the timing of this is Macc was looking to clear cap space for a potential incoming trade?  I really have no idea why this happened now?  Were they working on a price cut for the last couple months and only within the last week talks completely broke down?

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

There are a contingent of angry SOJFs that will bash every move the Jets make. If they didn't cut him and he played poorly this season they would bash Macc for not seeing his clear decline in OTAs. 

If Harris is still a quality starting NFL LBer then he should have no problem finding a new home. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Todd Bowles on how it's possible David Harris contract situation didn't come to a head until June? "That's a good question..."

Bowles is such a bitch.  He comes though with some of the worst coaching in the league last year,. the Gm is doing every thing to please him, drafting all defense drafting 2 safeties, using all the cap money on defense the 1st year.  Defending his sorry ass after abysmal coaching and we get this. What a bitch. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are a contingent of angry SOJFs that will bash every move the Jets make. If they didn't cut him and he played poorly this season they would bash Macc for not seeing his clear decline in OTAs. 

If Harris is still a quality starting NFL LBer then he should have no problem finding a new home. 

And THAT's why they dont deserve a winning team.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Todd Bowles on how it's possible David Harris contract situation didn't come to a head until June? "That's a good question..."

Man it definitely sounds like there is major friction between the FO, and Bowles....Bowles threw the CS, except his buddy, under the bus after last season.  it sounds like after this season Macc is going to throw him down the back steps.  That is unless Woody gets rid of both of them

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Also the Jets offseason has been quiet in general so that the media, wanting to make a splash, are raising the stakes.

Fans are the powder keg and the media has been looking to light the fuse. And they've done it

lol, you post the dumbest sh*t I've ever read... ever

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

The only thing I can think of for the timing of this is Macc was looking to clear cap space for a potential incoming trade?  I really have no idea why this happened now?  Were they working on a price cut for the last couple months and only within the last week talks completely broke down?

Why did it happen now?
1- They just landed Demario Davis

2- They saw Harris in OTAs and he looked slow

3- Cap ramifications

4- Only SOJFs are left wondering why this happened. 

Archived