MINI CAMP TWEET RODEO. (Where we secretly root for Hackenberg to implode)

T0mShane

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The tweets were about the QBs all looking decent. BORING

Intriguing social experiment you are. Fascinating subject of beguile as your posts seem to elevate in times of Jets tumult while domicile in Jets accord.  May we cut you up and experiment on you?

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Intriguing social experiment you are. Fascinating subject of beguile as your posts seem to elevate in times of Jets tumult while domicile in Jets accord.  May we cut you up and experiment on you?

If this is your way of getting a chance to study my dick, there are less creepy ways to go about it.

Happy to see Hack had a good practice.  I don't get too excited about a good practice or a bad practice as he is going to have both.  The key will be if the good practices start to outweigh the bad ones.  Fingers crossed that they will.  I would love to see him become the guy!

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

What week does the Times put on teh backpage" Gangrene Circus featuring Josh McClown, the lamest shoe on turf." 

I say week 4

does the times even cover the nfl anymore?  they seem to be focused on all sports other than football.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Because I was going to warm my soul by firing off a bunch of posts making fun of Hackenberg all night, and now I can't really make that much hay out of one measly interception. :(

was it an interception, or just one incompletion?

via jets:

As minicamp commenced at 1 Jets Drive Tuesday, the offensive players had their first on-field deep dive into offensive coordinator John Morton’s system.

“Well, as you grow as an offense, we have a lot of it that’s in and then you learn more about what guys can do what things,” QB Josh McCownsaid. “Whether it’s from a route-running standpoint or in the run game, you’ll learn more obviously in August in the run game because you start putting on pads. So the majority of the offense is in, but the tweaks and the things that you design per game plan, those things obviously change. But we have a lot of stuff in, a lot of good stuff that we feel really good about, so now it’s just a matter of honing it and perfecting it.”

For minicamp, players are allowed to spend four additional hours in the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center and an extra 1.5 hours on the field compared to OTAs. While head coach Todd Bowles said there is currently no first-, second- or third-team offense, McCown was the first quarterback to lead the unit in team drills.

“He knows more, obviously,” Bowles said. “He’s older, so he’s going to know more. At the same time, he’s a good teaching tool to help those guys catch up and compete. Seeing it done and being told as it is being done is a help to them as well."

Bowles went on to say that once training camp comes around, the first-team reps will be divvied up among the three quarterbacks.

McCown is the elder statesmen in the locker room and with two young quarterbacks in Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty, the 37-year-old has been the brain to pick. The 15-year vet, who is now playing on his 10thprofessional team, said Hackenberg and Petty have been asking tons of “great” questions and are “getting better every day.”

Bowles later joked about McCown's age compared to the youth on the team, saying, “Even when you go to kindergarten, somebody has to be the teacher.”

Minicamp Day 1 Practice Notes

The defense had four picks highlighted by DE Muhammad Wilkerson’s red-zone snag off McCown.

TE Eric Tomlinson hauled in a Josh McCown throw for TD in the back left corner of the end zone with a pair of defenders in coverage.

CB Morris Claiborne recorded an interception and a couple of PDs, one of which led to another pick.

WR Jalin Marshall hauled in a beautiful sideline throw from Petty with CB Morris Claiborne in coverage.

The Jets paired OLBs Josh Martin with Lorenzo Mauldin and Jordan Jenkins with Dylan Donahue throughout majority of spring/summer.

ILB Demario Davis lined up with the starting defense.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

does the times even cover the nfl anymore?  they seem to be focused on all sports other than football.

Their specialty is fake news regarding real issues. SInce Goodell took over the NFL is on the same level as pro wrestling. Tough to write good fake news about a fake sport.

WATCH: 3 stars from Day 1 of Jets minicamp, including Christian Hackenberg

5shares

BY CONNOR HUGHES 

chughes@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

FLORHAM PARK -- Was it perfect? No. Was it spectacular? Not really. Was it the best Christian Hackenberg has looked since the Jets made him the 51st pick in the 2016 NFL Draft?

Yeah. That's fair. 

The polarizing passer put on a rather impressive show at the Jets' first minicamp practice Tuesday. Following an up-and-down string of (media-open) OTA workouts, Hackenberg was much more good than bad. He finished 11 of 14 with a touchdown, interception and more than a few impressive throws. 

"He's made some progress," coach Todd Bowles said after practice. "We're putting in a lot of stuff every day and as they get to think about it and go through it, the more reps they get the better. Him, (Bryce) Petty, and McCown are making some progress."

Hackenberg's one of three -- Josh McCown and Bryce Petty the others -- competing to be the Jets starting quarterback. On Tuesday, he received the lion's share of second-team reps. He worked behind McCown, and in front of Petty. 

McCown finished 23 of 35 with a touchdown and two interceptions. Petty went 11 of 16 with an interception. 

When will Jets pick starting QB?

The Jets will stick with the same rotation -- McCown - Hackenberg - Petty -- throughout minicamp. If someone separates himself, things could change when training camp begins on July 31. Bowles hopes to have his starter determined before the final preseason game. 

"I have a point in my head, but they have to distinguish themselves as well," Bowles said. "You can have a point down the line - I can say Week Three (of the preseason), and somebody might do it in Week Two, or you'll start to see it develop and you'll have a pretty good idea. At least I will."

Who else stood out at practice? Watch the video above and find out. 

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter@Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook

I'm all in on Hackenberg and every Jets fan should be too.  We can't lose on this one.  Either he turns into a franchise QB this year, or he ends up being a stiff and we get a top 3 draft pick in 2018. 

Of course, the 3rd and most Jetsian outcome is that he plays OK, not great, wins enough games to take us out of the 2018 QB sweepstakes, but doesn't do well enough to convince us that he's legit and we'll go into 2018 still not sure of him and with no top draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm all in on Hackenberg and every Jets fan should be too.  We can't lose on this one.  Either he turns into a franchise QB this year, or he ends up being a stiff and we get a top 3 draft pick in 2018. 

Of course, the 3rd and most Jetsian outcome is that he plays OK, not great, wins enough games to take us out of the 2018 QB sweepstakes, but doesn't do well enough to convince us that he's legit and we'll go into 2018 still not sure of him and with no top draft pick. 

False choice. He may become a franchise QB in his 3rd year, but we'd still get the 2018 pick. Or, he could become a franchise QB, and we still get that top 3 2018 pick.

Basically nothing about the either/or you're presenting is viable. As your second paragraph makes clear, lol.

Archived