In case u had doubts about us tanking or firing Macc

Philc1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Not sure how anything that happened tonight would impact maccs job security. If anything it justifies his decision to tank.

I'd ask you to explain yourself but not sure that's going to be productive.

Darnold is not coming out early to play in front of a Macc-built OL

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I want John Dorsey as GM and Jon Gruden as HC by January.  Then Darnold comes here after we go 0-16 with this clown crew of Mcccown Wack and Putrid

The same Jon Gruden who hasnt been on the sideline in 12 years? The same one who won a superbowl with someone else's roster and never won anything again?

It boggles the mind why people keep dragging up his name every year like they used to with Jimmy Johnson and the chin....the game has passed these guys by and they would be flat out embarrassed in today's NFL. 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

The same Jon Gruden who hasnt been on the sideline in 12 years? The same one who won a superbowl with someone else's roster and never won anything again?

It boggles the mind why people keep dragging up his name every year like they used to with Jimmy Johnson and the chin....the game has passed these guys by and they would be flat out embarrassed in today's NFL. 

Yea I know I'm reaching but Gruden might only be a 20x better GM and HC than the hot gar-bage we have now

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I forgot Bowles was the GM

I forgot building a winning team begins and ends with the GM's pen and handshake.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I want John Dorsey as GM and Jon Gruden as HC by January.  Then Darnold comes here after we go 0-16 with this clown crew of Mcccown Wack and Putrid

Forget Darnold.

The jackass in your avatar thinks his Jets are going full Super Bowl because he painted attitude adjustment slogans in the building and moved the Lombardi to where players will see it.

His fail-safe formula, the extent of his coaching ability. The sun and moon will do the rest.

Anyone see the USC-Texas game. Darnold came up big in OT and led his team to victory. That's two games I've watched Darnold this year and he's excelled in both. Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I can see him in green and white.
He's a must have. For him I'd gladly lose every single game this year. I think he's that special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, PoconoJetFan said:

Anyone see the USC-Texas game. Darnold came up big in OT and led his team to victory. That's two games I've watched Darnold this year and he's excelled in both. Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I can see him in green and white.
He's a must have. For him I'd gladly lose every single game this year. I think he's that special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I think Darnold has the skills to be a very good QB, I'm not sure he excelled last night.  He put up 17 points in regulation against a team that Maryland scored 51 on.  Darnold also had two picks again last night, that's 3 games with 2 picks each.  I know that this is probably blasphemy on this board but I would like to see him show a lot of improvement on his turnovers before I hand the keys to the franchise over.  If Petty or Hackenberg had three straight games of two picks each everyone would want them cut!

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

While I think Darnold has the skills to be a very good QB, I'm not sure he excelled last night.  He put up 17 points in regulation against a team that Maryland scored 51 on.  Darnold also had two picks again last night, that's 3 games with 2 picks each.  I know that this is probably blasphemy on this board but I would like to see him show a lot of improvement on his turnovers before I hand the keys to the franchise over.  If Petty or Hackenberg had three straight games of two picks each everyone would want them cut!

I thought I was the only person alarmed about the picks...that was the sanchize's biggest problem, one of geno's problems, one of hacks problems....well you get the idea......I know everyone is in love with the golden boy from USC (personally I like Rosen) but we what point is this a concern? he hasnt played a lot of games overall and he is throwing picks at an ALARMING rate....in college.............I'm already spooked by USC qb's, this bad habit doesnt quell any fears.

Are people so in love with this kid they are willing to overlook the obvious until he is actually in green and throwing 20 picks a year and then they can blame the GM for picking the wrong kid?

Everyone went into this season with very low expectations. The Jets will have to fail to achieve those extremely low expectations for anyone to get fired. Neither Mac nor Bowles was behaving this offseason like their job was on the line. Bowles, in trotting out his "best chance to win" QB, would appear to be closer to the hot seat than Maccagnan - if either of them is close at all. 

9 hours ago, jetrider said:

I forgot building a winning team begins and ends with the GM's pen and handshake.

Forget Darnold.

The jackass in your avatar thinks his Jets are going full Super Bowl because he painted attitude adjustment slogans in the building and moved the Lombardi to where players will see it.

His fail-safe formula, the extent of his coaching ability. The sun and moon will do the rest.

I try not to be reactionary regarding the Jets and instead letting it play out, but I can't help it with Bowles and Woody.  With Woody it's simple, he just needs to stay out of the way, but with Bowles, in my opinion he's the wrong guy in the wrong job and only got the job because he had some influential people pushing for him namely Arians, Parcells and perhaps some others. 

4 hours ago, Joejet said:

Not if we were 3-0. 

29 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I try not to be reactionary regarding the Jets and instead letting it play out, but I can't help it with Bowles and Woody.  With Woody it's simple, he just needs to stay out of the way, but with Bowles, in my opinion he's the wrong guy in the wrong job and only got the job because he had some influential people pushing for him namely Arians, Parcells and perhaps some others. 

Bowles is terrible but Macc is the bigger problem.

10 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

while playing against his old team that didn't have the sense to change the plays or the signals.  give gruden his due for getting the raiders to the afcg but the whole tampa sb win has to be shared with dungy.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Let me know when Macagnan sniffs a Super Bowl

i wouldn't be too high on gruden for the simple fact that he's been out of coaching for over a decade.  look at what happened to gibbs when he was brought back in to coach the redskins.  they did zero.  and don't think there's a parallel with parcells because he had only been out of the game for a couple of seasons when the patsies called and then when the cowgirls called.

Archived