The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'm not getting carried away. I'm taking it for what it was. A great win at home where both units looked very good. It was a dominant win against a division rival who made the playoffs last year, and has a QB whose had legit NFL success. That's all. I'm not under the impression that this is going to catapult the Jets to a great season or anything. 

Unfortunately it could catapult us into the #3-6 pick instead of the #1 pick. ?

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Sure whatever you say. So every 7-9, 8-8 team with less than a franchise QB should just tank the season in hopes of getting the 1st or 2nd pick. Yea, ok. 

Boyitellya, those mediocre seasons with Sanchez, Geno, and Fitz at the helm sure were magical, weren't they?

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Wouldn't get carried away. Cutler is playing with a new cast, was basically retired-out of shape- lacked preseason reps - and the Fins have traveled half way around the world, dealt with a hurricane and were on the road vs. a divisional opponent that has historically given them fits for decades. Ho hum. Inevitably  they're going to win a few games. #1 pick still a real possibility.

I don't think anybody is getting carried away here. Cutler was terrible as was the entire Fins team. Still doesn't take away from the fact the the jets played very well. 

I don't think anybody is getting carried away here. Cutler was terrible as was the entire Fins team. Still doesn't take away from the fact the the jets played very well. 

Didn't say they didn't. Just think the Fins were super flat. We are not that good. Nowhere near as 'dominant' as some think this 'win' was. JoeWillie12 is absolutely correct when he said MCowan should never have even been signed. Hack and Petty should have played this year. Starting A 40 year old journeyman QB is a total waste of time and ruins any possible chance of seeing what you gave in either of these two prospects or getting a top draft pick.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Boyitellya, those mediocre seasons with Sanchez, Geno, and Fitz at the helm sure were magical, weren't they?

Same can be said for the 15-20 other teams every year in the mediocre category. Would be great league if every one of them went into tank mode. Wouldn't it? Jets went to 2 straight AFC championship games with Sanchez as QB. I guess we should have tanked those years too because we never had a real franchise QB anyway. Right?

Just now, BigO said:

Didn't say they didn't. Just think the Fins were super flat. We are not that good. Nowhere near as 'dominant' as some think this 'win' was. JoeWillie12 is absolutely correct when he said MCowan should never have even been signed. Hack and Petty should have played this year. Starting A 40 year old journeyman QB is a total waste of time and ruins any possible chance of seeing what you gave in either of these two prospects or getting a top draft pick.

If Petty and Hack can't beat out McCown chances are they aren't good enough.

McCown isn't the future but he's not a bad NFL QB. Been one of our better players. That was a pretty dominant win, they scored their only points with the last play of the game. Not sure what game you were watching. 

Same can be said for the 15-20 other teams every year in the mediocre category. Would be great league if every one of them went into tank mode. Wouldn't it? Jets went to 2 straight AFC championship games with Sanchez as QB. I guess we should have tanked those years too because we never had a real franchise QB anyway. Right?

Nah, tank starting in 2012. Those 09 10 teams actually had some talent.

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

This @joewillie12 troll account now?

Just now, Irish Jet said:

If Petty and Hack can't beat out McCown chances are they aren't good enough.

McCown isn't the future but he's not a bad NFL QB. Been one of our better players. That was a pretty dominant win, they scored their only points with the last play of the game. Not sure what game you were watching. 

Not the point whether Hack or Petty could win the spot. They need experience and live action reps to see if they are the future. I could care less what McDick did. I have no emotional investment in this scrub. Fool's gold who will cost us a top rated QB in next years draft. 

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

JoeWillie12 is absolutely correct when he said MCowan should never have even been signed. Hack and Petty should have played this year. Starting A 40 year old journeyman QB is a total waste of time and ruins any possible chance of seeing what you gave in either of these two prospects or getting a top draft pick.

Shut up with this. Plenty of us said this same thing. I still think McCown is a waste of time, as is not playing Hansen today and Stewart just getting in this game.  Jets missed plays but for the most part were fine. Young team learning to play together.

Just now, Stark said:

Shut up with this. Plenty of us said this same thing. I still think McCown is a waste of time, as is not playing Hansen today and Stewart just getting in this game.  Jets missed plays but for the most part were fine. Young team learning to play together.

I'll say what I please so stick it where the sun don't shine. 

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Uggggh there are pizza ? ads on paper that are better tasting than Puzza Butt. 

No doubt, but for folks of a certain age and geographic locale, it'll always hold a nostalgic place in their heart.

Plus, in my and Crusher's defense, Pizza in the DC/NoVA region is often worse than sh*t anyway, even the so-called "NY Style".

Just now, Warfish said:

No doubt, but for folks of a certain age and geographic locale, it'll always hold a nostalgic place in their heart.

Plus, in my and Crusher's defense, Pizza in the DC/NoVA region is often worse than sh*t anyway, even the so-called "NY Style".

There's good pizza in Charlottesville VA by Va U. 3-4 hour drive from D.C. Pizza Pizza ? 

Just got home from the game what a day at MetLife had free MEZZ seats and access to the Touchdown Club I like it the WIN helped out the day. 

Hard pressed for any Jets fan to root for your team to lose...IT IS WHAT IT IS.......

Wasn't a full house and a lot of Miami fans but the Jets fans there for the most part supported the team today, way too many fans not interested in football and just there going through the motions nothing like the old crowd. 

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I should admit it now, publicly.....

...while I grew up on L.I., and I DO know what good Pizza is (Vincent's), I have to admit, here, openly....

.....that I really enjoy a cheap ass Little Skeezers Pan Pizza.

deep-dish-cheese-pizza.jpg

It's like white trash Sicilian. 

Walmart $1 Jenno frozen pizza yum (barf)

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Unfortunately it could catapult us into the #3-6 pick instead of the #1 pick. ?

It's to early in the season for me to think like that. I'd love Darnold or Rosen but you have to let that play out in my opinion.

I saw some of our young players who we want to be key pieces for a long time look good. I can't root against them or ask them to play poorly until next year. Guys like Adams, Williams played great on D. We need that and will need that going forward. If it leads to some wins than that's a good thing IMO.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's to early in the season for me to think like that. I'd love Darnold or Rosen but you have to let that play out in my opinion.

I saw some of our young players who we want to be key pieces for a long time look good. I can't root against them or ask them to play poorly until next year. Guys like Adams, Williams played great on D. We need that and will need that going forward. If it leads to some wins than that's a good thing IMO.

Definitely great to see these young kids shine. Key word YOUNG. Not some over the hill 40 year old QB leading us to a meaningless win. We are not the George Allen Redskins vying for a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, August said:

We're not gonna go 0-16, but this team thru the first few weeks looks better coached for the most part. Solid win. 

Thank you!!

We have posters saying in effect in this thread that "yea we are not as good a we played today, it might have looked like a well played and coached game but it wasn't" all so that they can justify their tanking narrative!!

This is the sort of thing that is humorous as well as embarrassing.  I call it the FF infection of the game that results in an anything goes, lose out (borderline cheat) and a sort of imbalance in fans' actual thought process that is ruining the game. 

This is why one fan actually suggested in this thread that if the team wasn't going to lose out on "all their games" the way he thought that the Jets should he was going to go root for another team!!

Simply amazing to me.....

Archived