### Jets \ Broncos Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Especially if they missed that FG the jets would have had the ball at midfield. This game has been an absolute abortion. 

It's like they don't understand they are losing. When you are losing you should never be wasting time in a game unless you are about to kick the game winner or something like that.

The Jets should have been playing with a sense of urgency because they are getting the ball to start the second half, so stealing 3 points at the end of the first half could turn into a quick 10 point swing. The HC should know that. His team needs some momentum.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It will be awesome picking in the 8-12 range. So awesome.

Getting the second best CB prospect, third best pass rusher, or first best right tackle prospect will be tough, but beating the Alex Smith Chiefs behind a career game by McCown will have been worth it in the long run.

Over 50 seconds left after DEN's 3rd down.  He lets it all drain away because he doesn't think his golden boy QB can score with 50 FREAKING SECONDS on the clock.  And this is at least the second time this season he's done it. 

You can debate all the other stuff you want, but this is a glowing neon sign that he cannot be an effective HC in the NFL.  He is literally scared to try and score with under a minute on the clock.  And if that's what he thinks of McCown....need I say more.

Fire Bowles in the locker room now.  Morton takes over and puts Petty in.  Jets, with nothing to lose, play aggressive football.  Or...we can watch McCown dump off short passes for the next 3 1/2 games.  Tough choice.

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

60 yards of offense in the first half. Wasting 1 minute probably by taking 3 times outs into the LR at halftime. Seriously WTF is wrong with this guy's head?

How can anyone support this coach?

Correction-41 yards. 

Only good thing is this is the kind of game that will cause Manish to speak ill of Bowles and Maccagnan. May be the Johnsons, since that's the only person they really listen to for reasons known only to themsleves, will be moved to fire EVERYBODY. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Over 50 seconds left after DEN's 3rd down.  He lets it all drain away because he doesn't think his golden boy QB can score with 50 FREAKING SECONDS on the clock.  And this is at least the second time this season he's done it. 

You can debate all the other stuff you want, but this is a glowing neon sign that he cannot be an effective HC in the NFL.  He is literally scared to try and score with under a minute on the clock.  And if that's what he thinks of McCown....need I say more.

Fire Bowles in the locker room now.  Morton takes over and puts Petty in.  Jets, with nothing to lose, play aggressive football.  Or...we can watch McCown dump off short passes for the next 3 1/2 games.  Tough choice.

This is actually a good point. I wish someone would ask him, if he has that much confidence in his QB, what message does it send that he won't give him the opportunity down 2 scores with almost a minute left to drive down the field for points? I honestly would like to know what he says to that.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The offense looks so flat and McCown looks like sh*t. How is it not a thought in Bowles head to make a change? If he really is just worried about winning then putting Petty in actually works in that direction. This team isn’t winning this game with Josh in.

Because if Petty looks good, Todd Bowles will be put in position to bench McCown, and Todd Bowles would rather chop off a thumb than hurt the feelings of his veteran quarterback.

1 minute ago, AbstraKt said:

This is actually a good point. I wish someone would ask him, if he has that much confidence in his QB, what message does it send that he won't give him the opportunity down 2 scores with almost a minute left to drive down the field for points? I honestly would like to know what he says to that.

Right. I want the media to literally GRILL THE sh*t out of this f*cking idiot come post game press

2 minutes ago, AbstraKt said:

I have to watch the tape

2 minutes ago, AbstraKt said:

Bowles "Real happy with the result, weve been practicing saving first half time outs all week"

Just now, T0mShane said:

Because if Petty looks good, Todd Bowles will be out in position to bench McCown, and Todd Bowles would rather chop off a thumb than hurt the feelings of his veteran quarterback.

I think it's more selfish than that.  If Petty goes in and looks good, it makes a complete mockery of every PC Bowles has given since the season started and makes him look like he has no idea what is going on.  He can't let anyone second guess his decision to bury Petty at this point.  Honestly, I'm flabbergasted he let Petty even throw a pass.  I wonder if the call was a run and Petty audibled as a giant F-U to Bowles.  

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I don't have access to the game where I am so am following on NFL.com, please for the love of god tell me there was some kind of mistake and the that the jets did not kneel down with 32 seconds left and at least one timeout.  Please tell me this did not happen.

Sure looks like it did BF

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I don't have access to the game where I am so am following on NFL.com, please for the love of god tell me there was some kind of mistake and the that the jets did not kneel down with 32 seconds left and at least one timeout.  Please tell me this did not happen.

Even worse. He had a chance to call a TO with a minute to go and 2 more TO's and let clock run down. Brutal. 

Archived