### Jets \ Broncos Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Go jets go, beat Denver and take it 1 game at a time. Here’s to a Jets win, and to Titans, Ravens, Jags, Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and Dolphins losses! 

This was actually super funny to read because if said vocally you would of ran out of breath naming teams that still have to lose.??

23 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This was actually super funny to read because if said vocally you would of ran out of breath naming teams that still have to lose.??

Haha yeah true, you never know man. First order of business is beating Denver.

sounds like Tyrod Taylor is out tomorrow, here’s to Peterman throwing another 5 picks! 

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

Haha yeah true, you never know man. First order of business is beating Denver.

sounds like Tyrod Taylor is out tomorrow, here’s to Peterman throwing another 5 picks! 

Right. But personally I’ve kind of already turned my focus to the offseason. Mayfield winning the Heisman tonight kind of pumped me up. Nonetheless I do predict we take this last W before we end our season. 7-9 is my guess.

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Right. But personally I’ve kind of already turned my focus to the offseason. Mayfield winning the Heisman tonight kind of pumped me up. Nonetheless I do predict we take this last W before we end our season. 7-9 is my guess.

I don’t blame you, but for me the off-season will be here soon enough. Plenty of time to worry about that then as fans. But you are taking the much more realistic approach no doubt. 

We're 1-4 on the road & the win could of & probably should have been a loss to the Brownies. Von Miller is still pretty good. Bowles is a terrible road coach.

Its a trap,lol. Jets playing just good enough to miss out on the all the QBs but not much anything we can do about it so...go Jets.

No idea what to expect in this one.  We suck on the road.  But Denver sucks everywhere.  I don't care where the game is played, Trevor Siemian can be beat.  On the other hand, we have not gotten close to 300 yards of offense in any road game this year.

I guess I would give an edge to the home team, but this game is a toss up.

No prediction for this game. I am simply going to watch and enjoy it with no expectations. That's the approach I've taken since week 4 and for the most part it has worked out well for me. They are improving and that's all you can ask for. Granted Denver is a  team that is in worse shape than we are at QB and their defense is slipping. Can the Jets win? Maybe. The weather won't be a factor so that's one thing in their favor. Just looking forward to watching the game and cheering these guys on.

4 hours ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

I gotta admit this season has been mostly fun to watch, other than getting screwed by the replay officils...

Big green machine keeps rolling later today, Jets 24 Broncs 17.

Not fun getting outscored by almost 80 points in the 4th quarter (10 of 12 games, caving in the last 15 minutes, 3-4 game swing if they could keep it up in the 4th)

the classic Jets outcome is a Lynch coming out party but I think the Jets can win this one unless the thin air gets to them in the 4th

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for jets broncos pics

I remember that game vividly. They got down early by 4 TD's or so and Namath tried to bring them back but went 24 of 60 and a bunch of interceptions (5?) and fell short. If this board existed then, it would generally be calling for his head and the Jets to play Taliaferro :)

The team was in first place but this was the first of three straight losses that knocked them out of the playoffs.

Hope this isn't a harbinger of the way it goes today. At least we can see it on TV today, unlike the game that day 

This game is hard to predict because the Broncos could be supercharged for this game and if they play up to their talent level win the game. Hopefully their malaise will continue and we can walk away with the win. But never easy to win there and very easy to go there with a flat performance. Even though the Jets if they go to 6-7 still will have a mathematical chance with three tough opponents remaining on the schedule. This is where the coaching staff esp Bowles comes in and it's on him to get this team ready to play and to win. We've seen times like this in the past (most notably week 17 in 2015) when the entire team did not come ready to play. I'm kind of confident that McCown can play satisfactorily even with the Broncos having a big pass rush. On the other hand if they can create turnovers game over. I'm not betting money but I'll say Denver 21 Jets 13. Hope I'm wrong which as most of you know is most of the time. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets win this game STOP THE NEGATIVITY in the game threads. 

How about mentioning that in '69, the Jets Steve O'Neal has the longest punt in NFL history in the old Mile High?

IIRC, the jets were on their 1 yd line, O'Neal boomed a nice kick that kept rolling all the way to their 1 yd line. It was amazing to see.

May today hold the same luck for this team 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Enjoy the day my friend no need to be a miserable old bastard on football Sunday, nothing we do or say controls the outcome of the game. 

I’m with you, brother. It’s like I always say, “if they hate then let ‘em hate. They can watch the safeties pile up.”

Today seems like a trap game for the Jets with them being slight road favorites, coming off of a win and Denver on a horrible streak. But expectations were so low for the Jets this year that there's no such thing as a trap game for this team. 

PREDICTION: Jets 26 - Denver 20. We keep  making the tank crowd and the preseason experts eat their words.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

When the season started, the experts put this one down as a loss. The Jets are favorites in this game. This team has overachieved despite so many saying it is the worst roster in the league.

They are playing hard and working to get to .500. Here is the official NY Jets game preview.

Let's go Jets!

I want to roll these guys.

1998  NEVER FORGET.

Archived