Jets Teammates "Optimistic" on Hackenberg

southtown24th

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

If any of that is true then he should be playing. What's the harm at this point?

He completes less than 50% of his passes, misses wide open WR's, bounces the ball off the ground in a clean pocket on a 10 yard curl and only leads the offense to 19 points...

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

He completes less than 50% of his passes, misses wide open WR's, bounces the ball off the ground in a clean pocket on a 10 yard curl and only leads the offense to 19 points...

And what's the harm of giving him the ball for a game or two at this point? Oh that's right.  "best chance to win"

This site tends to bite very hard on throw away comments without much validation. Last year, it was the frenzy of anonymous comments of how bad he was.

This year it is trying to read Bowles' comments and pretend that he is not using the media for a tool of non information.

The fact that Hack has not seen any first team reps, lets you know where he is. Maybe he will see some  game time. Who knows outside Florham? 

The Hackenberg selection is going to be in the first two sentences of the Mike Maccagnan career obituary. It’s the one rare pick where you can’t spin an argument for ever making it in the first place. Literally everyone—from his head coach, to the scouts, to the analytics people, to the mom’s basement draft-bloggers—knew he’d be bad, and he’s actually performed worse than even the most grim pre-draft predictions asserted. If you’re so inclined, you can make crediblr cases for picking Milliner, Gholston, Darron Lee, even guys like Stephen Hill. But Hackenberg was unconscionable and, imo, should instill raw terror into anyone who believes Mike Maccagnan should get the chance to draft another QB. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The Hackenberg selection is going to be in the first two sentences of the Mike Maccagnan career obituary. It’s the one rare pick where you can’t spin an argument for ever making it in the first place. Literally everyone—from his head coach, to the scouts, to the analytics people, to the mom’s basement draft-bloggers—knew he’d be bad, and he’s actually performed worse than even the most grim pre-draft predictions asserted. If you’re so inclined, you can make crediblr cases for picking Milliner, Gholston, Darron Lee, even guys like Stephen Hill. But Hackenberg was unconscionable and, imo, should instill raw terror into anyone who believes Mike Maccagnan should get the chance to draft another QB. 

mccags' problem isn't hackenberg.  the bigger failures that will bury him will be that he 1) passed on watson, and 2) didn't get aggressive in this draft and get allen.  it's one thing to screw up a 2nd round pick, it's another to fail getting a qb in round 1 when you have consecutive top 10 picks.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

mccags' problem isn't hackenberg.  the bigger failures that will bury him will be that he 1) passed on watson, and 2) didn't get aggressive in this draft and get allen.  it's one thing to screw up a 2nd round pick, it's another to fail getting a qb in round 1 when you have consecutive top 10 picks.  

Allen? 

24 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This site tends to bite very hard on throw away comments without much validation. Last year, it was the frenzy of anonymous comments of how bad he was.

This year it is trying to read Bowles' comments and pretend that he is not using the media for a tool of non information.

The fact that Hack has not seen any first team reps, lets you know where he is. Maybe he will see some  game time. Who knows outside Florham? 

Oh...I wonder why...could it have anything to do with the fact we've been waiting for a Franchise Level QB since 1969? Maybe that has something to do with it...what do I know...

Just now, Augustiniak said:

yes, i believe that will be mccags target, and another team like denver or arizona will be more aggressive and get him.  then mccags will avoid mayfield and jackson and default to the best defensive player available strategy again.

If we go best def player available, I'm out...no joke.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

yes, i believe that will be mccags target, and another team like denver or arizona will be more aggressive and get him.  then mccags will avoid mayfield and jackson and default to the best defensive player available strategy again.

If Mac trades up to get Josh Allen he should be hung by his testicles and punched in the face by IK Enemkpali

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Literally everyone—from his head coach, to the scouts, to the analytics people, to the mom’s basement draft-bloggers—knew he’d be bad

This is just flat out wrong. Yes, there were some who said he was undraftable, but there were others who had a 2nd or 3rd day grade on him, and there were some personnel guys outside of Maccagnan who really liked him.

Its staggering to me that a 2nd half of round 2 draft pick warrants this much criticism. 

The odds of a QB picked outside of the top 10 ever making it is not very high, let alone bottom half of round 2. odds are that Hackenberg will never be a starter. But damn, lets get a ******* grip on the insanity and the rewriting of history.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

weren't those petty's stats against the saints? frankly at this point it doesn't really matter if hack starts or even plays in a game this season.  it would be good from a fan's perspective but it's not like one game is going to build any confidence for next season.  if he's good enough he'll start next season.  and if the jets draft a good qb, hopefully we'll see a nice fair qb battle.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

If we go best def player available, I'm out...no joke.

I'm ok with BPA available to a point but in that scenario you need to weigh the value of the position.  For instance, if you have a D-Tackle ranked slightly better than say a CB you would think you would steer more towards that CB vs. the D-Tackle just because it's just a more valuable position in today's NFL.  Obviously this also applies to the QB.  Not that you want to reach for a player you don't believe in because that just sets the organization back further but you also have to take some risk.  This is something I hope Macc has learned

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

weren't those petty's stats against the saints? frankly at this point it doesn't really matter if hack starts or even plays in a game this season.  it would be good from a fan's perspective but it's not like one game is going to build any confidence for next season.  if he's good enough he'll start next season.  and if the jets draft a good qb, hopefully we'll see a nice fair qb battle.

Petty is dog crap

Hack is runny diarrhea 

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

This is just flat out wrong. Yes, there were some who said he was undraftable, but there were others who had a 2nd or 3rd day grade on him, and there were some personnel guys outside of Maccagnan who really liked him.

Its staggering to me that a 2nd half of round 2 draft pick warrants this much criticism. 

The odds of a QB picked outside of the top 10 ever making it is not very high, let alone bottom half of round 2. odds are that Hackenberg will never be a starter. But damn, lets get a ******* grip on the insanity and the rewriting of history.

tom brady, russel wilson, drew brees, brett favre all say hi.  but i get your point.  i'll go further and say odds of a qb outside of the top 10 making it the first season aren't very high but a lot of guys can sit a season or two and make out pretty well.  and assuming a qb's career is 6 seasons and the colleges only produce an average of 3 qb's per season means that there will always be a good qb shortage.  to replenish the qb ranks an average of 5.33 per yer have to come in.  obviously my numbers are guestimates but if they are close it shows why they get paid so much.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

tom brady, russel wilson, drew brees, brett favre all say hi.  but i get your point.  i'll go further and say odds of a qb outside of the top 10 making it the first season aren't very high but a lot of guys can sit a season or two and make out pretty well.  and assuming a qb's career is 6 seasons and the colleges only produce an average of 3 qb's per season means that there will always be a good qb shortage.  to replenish the qb ranks an average of 5.33 per yer have to come in.  obviously my numbers are guestimates but if they are close it shows why they get paid so much.

Happy to say h to all those guys, but not sure what they have to do with proving what I said wrong?? I said the odds of picking a QB picked outside the top 10 ever making is not very high. I could be wrong, but my guess is if you took those guys, throw in the others who made it, and then add in all the QB's selected outside the top 10 who never made it, the odds would not look very high. But hi to those guys!!

Just now, NoBowles said:

Happy to say h to all those guys, but not sure what they have to do with proving what I said wrong?? I said the odds of picking a QB picked outside the top 10 ever making is not very high. I could be wrong, but my guess is if you took those guys, throw in the others who made it, and then add in all the QB's selected outside the top 10 who never made it, the odds would not look very high. But hi to those guys!!

i don't disagree just that there are lots of guys who weren't top 10 and have done really well for themselves.  imo it's all about having the football smarts.  just about all of the college qb's can throw the ball pretty well, it's knowing who to throw it to and why is the key.

16 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Hit me up with a link to these reputable draft shwanks. Gruden is the only one on record who said he liked Hack, but he says that about literally every player who goes on that show.

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Allen is awful, so I’m not surprised that Maccagnan might go after him.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hit me up with a link to these reputable draft shwanks. Gruden is the only one on record who said he liked Hack, but he says that about literally every player who goes on that show.

Google is your friend, its all out there my friend, its all out there. That is if you are willing to open your eyes and see.

Archived