Rumor Mill from Senior Bowl 1/24

Patriot Killa

This is getting scary.  Very scary. Everyone sees Allen’s bust potential. Everyone is afraid of it. More then likely it’ll come down to Mayfield or Allen if Mac can’t trade up. And that’s just terrifying knowing he has to make the right decision. 

I can see him having them ranked about even, maybe one a bit more the other, but Mac gets googly eyed for the massive “potential” in the prototype build of Allen. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lith said:

From Tony Pauline - Draft Analyst.com.  Jets have shown interest in:

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-north-team-page

Wyatt Teller, OL VA Tech.  

Brett Toth, OT, Army

Sean Walsh, OL, Iowa

Jamarcus King, CB, South Carolina

Bradley Bozeman C, Alabama

Jamarcus King is interesting. 12 pass deflections and 3 picks this year. 7 pass deflections last year. 

9 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

This is getting scary.  Very scary. Everyone sees Allen’s bust potential. Everyone is afraid of it. More then likely it’ll come down to Mayfield or Allen if Mac can’t trade up. And that’s just terrifying knowing he has to make the right decision. 

I can see him having them ranked about even, maybe one a bit more the other, but Mac gets googly eyed for the massive “potential” in the prototype build of Allen. 

If Allen's stock keeps rising my guess is he goes #1, would be a godsend for us. I honestly could see the Giants going in any direction, if I were them I'd take Darnold at 2 but could just as easily see OL, Barkley, or trade down. Colts will be in a prime spot to trade out regardless of how the top 3 picks go. 

IMO the only teams in play for Cousins will be Denver and The Jets. Denver will get him if he's an UFA and we will get him if he is Transition Tagged. I can't get a read on what the Skins will do, it looks like they just want an answer if he wants to be there or not so they may opt to let him test FA but PR-wise it would make sense to Transition tag him with the added bonus of preventing him from going to the Broncos.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Super pin point accuracy and he’s a tough SOB. 

Problem is .. like most .. not a lot of experience under center. But he has the experience to succeed and the accuracy as well.

I’ll take the no air raid QB stat over the 60% accuracy one any day

here’a a guy who was a walk on, that steps in sh!t and gets Leach as his coach

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I’ll take the no air raid QB stat over the 60% accuracy one any day

here’a a guy who was a walk on, that steps in sh!t and gets Leach as his coach

See, it’s just depends for me. If a QB was allowed to audible and call plays himself then I tend out more weigh into rather than the scheme itself. Not many air raid schemes call for that but there are some coaches who work that into their priorities. 

Luke Falk is my guy , if we don’t get Cousins or draft Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold but I agree with Mogglez..no way we should take Allen or Lamar. You take the best OL who can at least service your team for 10 plus years and you never look back. 
Where is he projected ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If Allen's stock keeps rising my guess is he goes #1, would be a godsend for us. I honestly could see the Giants going in any direction, if I were them I'd take Darnold at 2 but could just as easily see OL, Barkley, or trade down. Colts will be in a prime spot to trade out regardless of how the top 3 picks go. 

IMO the only teams in play for Cousins will be Denver and The Jets. Denver will get him if he's an UFA and we will get him if he is Transition Tagged. I can't get a read on what the Skins will do, it looks like they just want an answer if he wants to be there or not so they may opt to let him test FA but PR-wise it would make sense to Transition tag him with the added bonus of preventing him from going to the Broncos.

If Browns went Allen and the Giants went OL. That would be the best scenario for us. Especially if Denver gets Cousins. 

BUT I think there will be a team outside the top 10 that jumps up ahead of us and throws a curveball in everything. Usually happens every year. 

The future is going to be so much fun. Seems 3/4 of this board believe the Broncos will get Cousins, I disagree and believe the Broncos window has closed quickly. Talib will be gone, they are an old team at many positions & don't forget they lost 8 games in a row last year EIGHT!

Broncos were the 2016 Jets. They'll try to squeeze another year. Out of these guys which usually doesn't end well. Both Thomas & Sanders are over 30. While others disagree, I think the Jets are in a much better position to land Cousins. We have money & 4 or 3 picks in the top 72 if we have to trade 1 of them to land Cousins. I could see us signing Jensen, drafting Nelson, a stud 2nd round RB, and still have a ton of money to focus on other holes.

The other thing I can't wait to see play out is 90% of this board believe Allen & Jackson won't be good NFL QBs. I'm no expert on evaluating college prospects but I have a feeling a few years from now one of these guys is going to make the experts who disparaged their chances look like total boobs. We'll see. Should be interesting.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

If Allen gets drafted by the Giants or Broncos it is a great move.  They will be applauded because of his potential.

If the Browns or the Jets draft him then they will be blasted for not taking One of the other QB's available.

Applauded by who? Not this forum. 

http://www.draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-tuesday-night

The first day of the Senior Bowl is complete as the practices are done and most of the interviews are wrapping up. Here’s the latest buzz from the players' hotel.

Josh Allen of Wyoming took a big hit with his play today, as teams have been crushing him and feel he’s a long way from being NFL-ready. Tuesday was definitely not the way Allen wanted his Senior Bowl to start.

Conversely there’s a love fest going on for Marcus Davenport of UT-San Antonio. Davenport looked the part and played to it much of the day. I’m told teams like him as both a defensive end and 3-4 outside linebacker. Davenport exclusively lined up at defensive end today, and I did not see him stand up once. It will be interesting to see if they try him in an upright position over the next two days, as we alluded to in our defensive preview.

The Seattle Seahawks, a team that needs offensive lineman, were very complimentary ofAustin Corbett throughout today's first practice. They mentioned his durability (Corbett played more than 600 snaps in college), versatility (he played three positions today) and ability to obliterate defenders.

I’m told that despite poor play last season and a very up-and-down first practice at the Senior Bowl, teams like Tanner Lee. His arm strength and physical tools are part of the equation, but I’m told Lee also comes across well in interviews.

Just now, section314 said:

He is very good. I think it should go without saying we need to address our putrid Center position in this draft or FA.

If Billy Price was to fall to the 2nd I would not be mad if we moved up 3 or 4 spots and assured grabbing him. He will probably go late in the first but he is the best prospect at C in a number of years. He can has played both G and C at a high level but his position in the NFL should be Center.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Billy Price was to fall to the 2nd I would not be mad if we moved up 3 or 4 spots and assured grabbing him. He will probably go late in the first but he is the best prospect at C in a number of years. He can has played both G and C at a high level but his position in the NFL should be Center.

Was very impressed watching him. Seems to be much better prospect than Elflein was. I saw the Center from Iowa, Dennis, I think, mocked to us in 3rd round in Walter Football. Think he is a Jr. eligible.  Mayfield getting weighed/measured today? If he comes in at 6'1" OB, we may need to trade up to get him.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Was very impressed watching him. Seems to be much better prospect than Elflein was. I saw the Center from Iowa, Dennis, I think, mocked to us in 3rd round in Walter Football. Think he is a Jr. eligible.  Mayfield getting weighed/measured today? If he comes in at 6'1" OB, we may need to trade up to get him.

Mayfield was measured late after practice yesterday. Came in at 6’0. And I agree .. Price is a VERY impressive prospect. He comes from Ohio St. the same alumni our last great Center Nick Mangold came from. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mayfield was measured late after practice yesterday. Came in at 6’0. And I agree .. Price is a VERY impressive prospect. He comes from Ohio St. the same alumni our last great Center Nick Mangold came from. 

:D We should be that lucky again! Nick went in mid to late 20's, I think. Price maybe goes a bit higher?

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

6" 3/8" .... don't discount that 3/8ths man... lol... not shocked 

37 minutes ago, KRL said:

http://www.draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-buzz-tuesday-night

The first day of the Senior Bowl is complete as the practices are done and most of the interviews are wrapping up. Here’s the latest buzz from the players' hotel.

Josh Allen of Wyoming took a big hit with his play today, as teams have been crushing him and feel he’s a long way from being NFL-ready. Tuesday was definitely not the way Allen wanted his Senior Bowl to start.

Hmmmm well I can say that I am in NO WAY surprised that Allen struggled. Dude has bust written all over him if he is really drafted in top 5.

MAC DO NOT DRAFT ALLEN AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Normally I'd agree but this is the same type of reporting that came out about the Hack.

Considering Mac has a complete 180 degree different opinion on QB's from what I, and most of us think ... I will be drinking very heavily after we take allen in the draft... with Rosen on the board.... OMG its going to happen.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

If Browns went Allen and the Giants went OL. That would be the best scenario for us. Especially if Denver gets Cousins. 

BUT I think there will be a team outside the top 10 that jumps up ahead of us and throws a curveball in everything. Usually happens every year. 

Buffalo is a prime candidate.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Normally I'd agree but this is the same type of reporting that came out about the Hack.

Does that quote count as reporting and was it what came out about Hack? ‘Cause the only similarity between Hackenberg and the 2015 QBs is that they all suck. I say that because the Allen rumors seem to be based off the Hackenberg pick. The skillsets and/or pedigrees of McCown, Harvard, Hackenberg, and Petty vary and offer no pattern on what the Jets are looking for at QB. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Allen going one is best case scenario to me, but i just don't see how that happens. Think if they really like allen they trade down from one for someone looking at rosen. 

Archived