I'd pass on a QB this year......

NoBowles

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The report about them calling for Cousins came after Cousins was starter and ALWAYS came as part of a statement that they called around for QBs. 

Note the made plenty of calls.  Most of the stuff you can find now is more recent because of the Fitzpatrick situation.  They looked at AJ McCarron according to some scout.

Francessa said Glennon

Confirmed by Tampa beat writer Rick Stroud

According to Manish, last year it was Tyrod Taylor

There were plenty more, but just know that inquiring about a guy does not indicate some great love for the player.  They said the same about him trading up for Wentz last year. Then when Goff came around in 2017 it was "Wentz or Goff."  Like Bradway pounding the table for Wilson, I don't give a **** what good players they liked.  If they liked them so much they would have pulled the trigger. 

All this tells me is that Macc is that throwing darts.  

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the reason cousins won't be here is the same reason mccags won't trade up to get a qb.  he does not have the balls to make that kind of decision.  his FA contracts are short, he likes to be able to get out of them quickly if the guy sucks.  he's not going to want to commit the $$ that cousins will command long-term.  it's also why he hasn't traded up for qb so far.  if the owners told him he's got to get a qb or he's gone, then he will get a qb.  

The guaranteed portions of Macc's FA contracts - which is really to say Davidson's contracts - are totally ordinary. 

I don't know how this rumor got started that some Jets fans think we're suddenly like the only team that uniquely guarantees 2 years or less to non-FQBs. It's the norm, and has been for well over a decade. And frankly he guaranteed Revis more than 2 years, so that falls apart even further. 

I agree on his being testicularly-challenged, though.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are not going to sign Kirk Cousins. 

1st off, why would Cousins, a midwesterner, want to live in NJ, when he borderline doesn't love Virginia? 

2nd Christopher Johnson doesn't have the stones to make a run for him on year 1 of the babysitting job. the Jets are in keep the lights on mode

as for the QBs this year, people said the QBs last year were garbage. Watson and Mahomes are assets right now and the Jets passed on both of them. People want them to pass on this crop? with 5 in the first round? 

they probably will take a defender and it will be stupid but they need to take a QB. I don't even care which one.  None of us have as much time on this earth as we think we do and this endless obsession with trading down and drafting OL is loser Browns talk. 

Can you drive out to Florham Park, perhaps with in an ice cream truck with a loudspeaker and an AK47? 

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Deeeeeeeg even bit’s out of optimism this year.

- No one wants to live in the midwest, let alone voluntarily. 

- NFL keeps the lights on. Johnson’s got nothing to do but smile and nod, if so much.

- I was Watson fan #1 last year and say meh to these first round draft QBs. 

If Cousins hated DC, he's not going to sign up for an even more annoying local media, and fan base. To say nothing of ownership. And why is a guy who wants to throw the ball going to sign on with an offensive whiz bang guru, Mr. we pass too much 1st and 2nd down braindead handoff 3rd and 8 desperation pass Todd Bowles? better we get a young guy in place so we can pick up the pieces when they can Bowles' sorry ass 12 months hence. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

He would be on the payroll and my go to when I'm indecisive about something 

I gotcha, so like if your making a big decision, you will say, Hey Jif I’m not sure how I want to handle this, go fetch me a Pepsi and a cookie to help me think?

42 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If Cousins hated DC, he's not going to sign up for an even more annoying local media, and fan base. To say nothing of ownership. And why is a guy who wants to throw the ball going to sign on with an offensive whiz bang guru, Mr. we pass too much 1st and 2nd down braindead handoff 3rd and 8 desperation pass Todd Bowles? better we get a young guy in place so we can pick up the pieces when they can Bowles' sorry ass 12 months hence. 

To be fair, I don't think he hates DC.  He hates the fact that they tried to lowball him and probably the current GM, who insists on calling him Curt Cousins. 

That would be the smart play. Try to Trade back from 6 to later in 1st. Pick up another 2nd and 3rd rounder. Then we have the extra picks to take a flier on a qb in 2nd. I think Mac wants to prove hackenberg can actually play lol. So I can see him going with McCown, hackenberg and falk or Rudolph at 3. 

If he thought hack could play you would have seen him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

With 100 million to spend this team is going to have a better record next year then 5-11.

100% not true....historically signing big ticket free agents has been a bust for the most part. Cousins is basically McClown...I dont see him all of a sudden becoming a winner with a far worse offense and a defensive, ultra conservative head coach...there is zero reason to expect those types of numbers on this team. and he is a choking, non-clutch QB. Unfortunately our bozo owners chose to strive for mediocrity again so they will likely do a lot of the things you like in your reckless endless pursuit of mediocrity NOW, but there is far from any guarantee we finish better than 5-11. $100 million or not

55 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

If he thought hack could play you would have seen him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No. Just the opposite. Mac didn’t want to throw him to the wolves behind our line and depleted O. He thought it would be best to strengthen the O before his golden boy is revealed . ? this has been put out there. 

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

No. Just the opposite. Mac didn’t want to throw him to the wolves behind our line and depleted O. He thought it would be best to strengthen the O before his golden boy is revealed . ? this has been put out there. 

Your a funny guy 

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If we had the 1st or 2nd pick in this years draft, would your opinion be the same ? What would you do with 1 or 2? 

I agree that Darnold and Rosen arent “can’t miss” prospects.  But so we’re Watson and Mahomes.  Same for Goff and Wentz.  In the fact, the last “can’t miss QB” was Andrew Luck and to be honest, what has he accomplished besides being injury prone in his career?

Archived