Colts interested in trading #3 pick

Patriot Killa

I think a win-win-win would be a three way trade between Jets, Cleveland, and Indy. Jets get #1 (give up #6 pick, 2nd round this year, 2nd round next year), Cleveland gets #3 (can get Allen, other players they covet aside from Barkely - needs to give up a pick to Indy), Indy gets #4 (ensures they still get their guy). Obviously, a pick a two would have to go Indy's way (a 3rd from Cleveland)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trading up to 3 for Rosen or Darnokd I'm all in.
im ok with any of the other QBs at 6 but not trading up for w other picks that could potentially include next year's 1

This is the only scenario you trade up for. If both of them are gone stay at six or trade down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, DocIsIn said:

I think a win-win-win would be a three way trade between Jets, Cleveland, and Indy. Jets get #1 (give up #6 pick, 2nd round this year, 2nd round next year), Cleveland gets #3 (can get Allen, other players they covet aside from Barkely - needs to give up a pick to Indy), Indy gets #4 (ensures they still get their guy). Obviously, a pick a two would have to go Indy's way (a 3rd from Cleveland)

#3 is the Magic Pick in this draft.  Indy knows it.

As they say in poker, if you don't know who the mark is at the table, you are the mark.  Indy looks at what Chicago paid to move up and is licking their chops.  The Redskins will do the same thing  with a tag on Cousins.  

Mac is the mark.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield-they can go top three.  They are not making it out of the top 5.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Apparently Gettleman has hinted that he could go BPA.

I am sure whoever he takes, he will proclaim it was the BPA even if it was a QB that was ranked 3rd on his board while he passes on Barkley who was #1 on his board. 

But if for some reason he doesn't love the QBs left for him at 2 (assuming the guy he LOVES is taken at 1) then he could be in a bit of a bind having to pass on the Best Player in the draft (Barkley or whoever else emerges) for a QB that may be a really good prospect, but with some flaws. 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

This is certainly shaping up to be the most interesting draft in many years

Without a doubt. You have a great RB at the top of the draft. You have a bunch of really good QB prospects but each have flaws (although I still think Darnold is the best QB prospect in this draft and his only flaw is forcing too many balls this past year) and you have a few edge rushers that will obviously be appealing to some teams. It's a great year to be drafting in top 10. 

I still hope we take Cousins which will allow us to go BPA instead of forcing Macc to make the right decision on QB (maybe trade up or praying the good one falls in our lap).  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Without a doubt. You have a great RB at the top of the draft. You have a bunch of really good QB prospects but each have flaws (although I still think Darnold is the best QB prospect in this draft and his only flaw is forcing too many balls this past year) and you have a few edge rushers that will obviously be appealing to some teams. It's a great year to be drafting in top 10. 

I still hope we take Cousins which will allow us to go BPA instead of forcing Macc to make the right decision on QB (maybe trade up or praying the good one falls in our lap).  

LaCanfora saying the Jets are going hard after Cousins

5 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

At 6 sure :) why I’m hoping if we don’t get cousins, Denver does. If jets and Denver don’t get cousins, and jets don’t trade up, Denver is going to pick mayfield or another qb right in front of us.

No doubt. But things will unfold well before the draft during free agency and seeing where Cousins lands. If Denver lands Cousins, they could still ruin our pick by trading back to another QB needy team. By trading up with the Colts, Mac is at least guaranteed getting one of the top 3 QB’s on his list......whoever that may be. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’m actually shocked that so many people are willing to stay put at 6. We need to be the aggressor. Mayfield may be there at 6, but there’s also a chance he’s going to climb up everyone’s board too. I’m sick of not having a QB. If our FO believe he’s a franchise QB, you trade up. 

The Browns may even take Mayfield at 1.  At this point no one knows. Mayfield is having lights out Senior Bowl practices. He is the most NFL ready QB to step right in.  However the first 2 picks go, the Colts pick will be highly valuable and possible for us to trade up to. Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen will be the top 3 picks......but in what order?

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why do people think other people are desperate to come to NY? NY is an expensive sh*thole.

I’m moving to Haiti ??. It’s a sh*thole too but you can get a 3 br 1500sqft apt for $150 month. Direct TV ? and watch my Jets!

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rosen is a rich kid from SoCal who’s been slathered in hot chicks since puberty but he’s absolutely dying to live in northern jersey so he can enjoy the fine dining at the Applebee’s in Times Square.

He’s not very good looking. NY/NJ hot chicks are much more forgiving of bad looks than CA chicks if you have money, we’re cool

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why do people think other people are desperate to come to NY? NY is an expensive sh*thole.

Media PR Machine I realize it's not so isocentric anymore if you want to be a star, if you have to go cold weather, it's not a negative. People outside the city still romanticize about it  

1 hour ago, BigO said:

No doubt. But things will unfold well before the draft during free agency and seeing where Cousins lands. If Denver lands Cousins, they could still ruin our pick by trading back to another QB needy team. By trading up with the Colts, Mac is at least guaranteed getting one of the top 3 QB’s on his list......whoever that may be. 

I hear ya. And it wouldn’t be hard at all to play Mac. I think after seeing 3 of the last 4 playoff teams run without a great qb, trading farm for qb in draft is a thing of past. Unless it’s a can’t miss prospect. Andrew Luck was the last “ cant miss” prospect since “ Peyton Manning. Now Luck even has question Marks. If Denver does land cousins or Smith, hopefully they fall in love with a non qb. Because then they will just trade spots with jets. Knowing jets will be a qb and not F up their pick. Prob cost a 3rd to move to form 6 to 5. But I can see elway playing Mac and saying he has another offer unless he gives him 1 of our 2nds

like the "bowling ball with a butcher knife" pick, Jets traded to 4 before the draft with the hope that one of the top 3 players dropped and they ended up with drob who had no cartilage left in his knee

Mayfield could be worth it but that's a big risk and if they trade up for Allen they lose for another 5 years

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

....... it doesn’t take a psychic to tell they will take them if they don’t get Cousins.. They personally requested him on their team so they could coach them. Excuse yourself from the big boys conversation. You obviously are looking to pick an argument when there is none to be made.

Agree to disagree. 

3 hours ago, DocIsIn said:

We aren’t getting the first pick for that little. No way. Prob both our second rounders and first next year. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rosen is a rich kid from SoCal who’s been slathered in hot chicks since puberty but he’s absolutely dying to live in northern jersey so he can enjoy the fine dining at the Applebee’s in Times Square.

Is this where you dine in nyc.  No wonder you don’t like it here! :-)

Archived