***The Official Super Bowl Thread***

joewilly12

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not understanding what the announcers were even talking about? Hoe did you not see him take three steps after the catch...and these people are actually suppose to be creditable?

The single most shocking aspect of the entire game to me was listening to Collinsworth and Michaels  talk about that play and sound so hopelessly clueless. I was flabbergasted. They were so f*cking lost.

The dude took three steps with the ball . . . Yea Chris, they decided to call him a runner. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The single most shocking aspect of the entire game to me was listening to Collinsworth and Michaels  talk about that play and sound so hopelessly clueless. I was flabbergasted. They were so f*cking lost.

The dude took three steps with the ball . . . Yea Chris, they decided to call him a runner. 

If the Superbowl were called the way the regular season was called then they probably would've been correct.  

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the Superbowl were called the way the regular season was called then they probably would've been correct.  

Wrong, he took three steps. 

This play was completely different from the play in Pittsburgh. Even by their (admittedly idiotic) standards for what it means to establish possession as a runner who has successfully caught a pass, Ertz clearly scored. He took three steps with possession and then lunged for the goal line.

Possession is supposed to be established by two steps and a football move (i.e. "an act common to the game"). While this is clearly an infuriatingly and unnecessarily arbitrary rule, three steps is definitive. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Wrong, he took three steps. 

This play was completely different from the play in Pittsurgh. Even by their (admittedly idiotic) standards for what it means to establish possession as a runner who has successfully caught a pass, Ertz clearly scored. He took three steps with possession and then lunged for the goal line.

Possession is supposed to be established by two steps and a football move (i.e. "an act common to the game"). While this is clearly an infuriatingly and unnecessarily arbitrary rule, three steps is definitive. 

I agree with you on that play.  The other TD would've been called back though.

Archived