Ownership sucks, and fantasy hypothetical question about Jim Harbaugh

TheNuuFaaolaExperience

I predict another 10-6 season, a wild card berth and a first round exit. We see the same mistakes from Bowles that we saw in year one. We win games strictly because of talent upgrades, and not because of stellar coaching. We all know that a playoff berth virtually guarantees that MacBowles is back for three more years. A competent owner sees the underachievement as the final straw, and cleans house. 

How would you feel about Jim Harbaugh coming to the Jets with the keys to the executive bathroom? 5 years, 50 million with team option of extending at 10 million a season indefinitely. 

I have defended Bowles and Macc at times, but I think my optimism has clouded my judgement. I'm a little more optimistic with Macc, but my confidence level of winning a Super Bowl with this combination is dwindling. I feel that Macc is handcuffed a bit by the organizational power structure, but we won't know the truth until he picks his own coach, and is higher a higher rung than the HC of the NYJ. If we brought in Harbaugh, Macc would be gone, so this would all be a moot point. 

Edit - The question is "How would you feel about Jim Harbaugh coming to the Jets with the keys to the executive bathroom?" I'm not asking if you think it would happen. I'm not asking about the plausibility of it happening. I'm simply asking how would you feel if the Jets signed Jim Harbaugh. 

Second Edit - Ownership sucks, and that is pretty much why I asked a fantasy hypothetical question about Jim Harbaugh. 

If you think Chris Johnson, the guy that celebrated 3-3 like it was a wildcard birth will be tossing MaccBowles out after actually making the playoffs? You are not paying attention. The Johnsons live for mediocrity and are ok with a competitive team. It’s a fun investment for them. That is all. I mean dude? Woody literally took a vacation and gave his little brother the team to play with. The playoffs would be good enough for the Johnsons. 

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I predict another 10-6 season, a wild card berth and a first round exit. We see the same mistakes from Bowles that we saw in year one. We win games strictly because of talent upgrades, and not because of stellar coaching. We all know that a playoff berth virtually guarantees that MacBowles is back for three more years. A competent owner sees the underachievement as the final straw, and cleans house. 

How would you feel about Jim Harbaugh coming to the Jets with the keys to the executive bathroom? 5 years, 50 million with team option of extending at 10 million a season indefinitely. 

I have defended Bowles and Macc at times, but I think my optimism has clouded my judgement. I'm a little more optimistic with Macc, but my confidence level of winning a Super Bowl with this combination is dwindling. I feel that Macc is handcuffed a bit by the organizational power structure, but we won't know the truth until he picks his own coach, and is higher a higher rung than the HC of the NYJ. If we brought in Harbaugh, Macc would be gone, so this would all be a moot point. 

notsureifserious-jpg.27424758

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If you think Chris Johnson, the guy that celebrated 3-3 like it was a wildcard birth will be tossing MaccBowles out after actually making the playoffs? You are not paying attention. The Johnsons live for mediocrity and are ok with a competitive team. It’s a fun investment for them. That is all. I mean dude? Woody literally took a vacation and gave his little brother the team to play with. The playoffs would be good enough for the Johnsons. 

and unfortunately, all the so called "Big Time Fans" around here celebrate mediocrity as well.

With the average JETS fan putting a guy like Pennington a pedestal, Woody can set his sights low.

18 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

July-21-2011-16-37-58-funny-elmo-muppets

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

and unfortunately, all the so called "Big Time Fans" around here celebrate mediocrity as well.

With the average JETS fan putting a guy like Pennington a pedestal, Woody can set his sights low.

Define "Big Time Fans", please. 

Just trying to compartmentalize myself correctly. So many layers.

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That's a strawman. I don't think for a second that Chris Johnson would fire MacBowles if they made the playoffs. 

"We all know that a playoff berth virtually guarantees that MacBowles is back for three more years. A competent owner sees the underachievement as the final straw, and cleans house."

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That's a strawman. I don't think for a second that Chris Johnson would fire MacBowles if they made the playoffs. 

"We all know that a playoff berth virtually guarantees that MacBowles is back for three more years. A competent owner sees the underachievement as the final straw, and cleans house."

Just reread it and you are right. Sorry.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Since we obviously have acknowledged Harbaugh is not ever coming here .. why is it even a question to answer?

asking for a friend.

1. It's not obvious that we acknowledged that Harbaugh is not coming here.

2. It's just a question, and it wasn't framed as plausible or imminent.

3. I'm tired of reading new Kirk Cousins threads.  

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

1. It's not obvious that we acknowledged that Harbaugh is not coming here.

2. It's just a question, and it wasn't framed as plausible or imminent.

3. I'm tired of reading new Kirk Cousins threads.  

99% of this thread is people acknowledging he wouldn’t come here and you even basically said it in your original post lmao. I didn’t say it was framed as such so again .. if it isn’t ever going to happen ..why is it a question worth being answered?

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

99% of this thread is people acknowledging he wouldn’t come here and you even basically said it in your original post lmao. I didn’t say it was framed as such so again .. if it isn’t ever going to happen ..why is it a question worth being answered?

Not everybody acknowledged that he isn't coming here. A few people didn't bother to read the entire post and made a comment unrelated to the question. While I don't think it's likely to happen, I would never rule anything out. Nothing this organization does surprises me.

Again, I don't know how many different ways we can spin the potential signing of Kirk Cousins. A completely different topic might be a breath of fresh air. It's just a what-if question, nothing more.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

woody likes money.  he knows that wins puts fannies in the seats and sells more jet stuff.  and a competitive team means they will vie for the playoffs each season.  2015 was a competitive year. 2016, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012 were not.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

woody likes money.  he knows that wins puts fannies in the seats and sells more jet stuff.  and a competitive team means they will vie for the playoffs each season.  2015 was a competitive year. 2016, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012 were not.

Yes. So as long as he Jets are competitive and profitable he is fine. My point was a 10-6 season with a wildcard Birth fits that criteria. The thought of changing the front office wouldn’t cross their minds. We already seen this nice with this regime. 

Bowles got extended after 2 garbage seasons just because we did better than the garbage media guessed we would. The chances of him getting the axe after making a playoff appearance, are as good as the chances of Harbaugh being our next head coach which is as good a chance as ownership handing the day to day duties over to a head coach. 

33 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. So as long as he Jets are competitive and profitable he is fine. My point was a 10-6 season with a wildcard Birth fits that criteria. The thought of changing the front office wouldn’t cross their minds. We already seen this nice with this regime. 

This is why ownership sucks! You can make more money by putting the best possible team on the field. Just for once, I want an owner who accepts nothing less than consistent playoff contention. 

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is why ownership sucks! You can make more money by putting the best possible team on the field. Just for once, I want an owner who accepts nothing less than consistent playoff contention. 

Me too. Too bad Woody's little brother wasn't John Harbough. Could have just gave him the damn team and save us a lot of hardship.

Could you imagine Harbaugh in NY, reporting to a Johnson?  Wow.  That would be grade A entertainment.

Besides, I've never really understood the obsession with Harbaugh.  I know he took the 9'ers to the Super Bowl and made them contenders immediately but he did absolutely nothing to build those teams.  They were  loaded when Harbaugh got there.  They went from drafting like absolute monster the years leading up to him with players like: Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Ray McDonald, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Dashon Goldson, Ricky Jean Francios, Crabtree, Iupati, Bowman.

Then Harbaugh took over and the highlights of his 4 drafts were Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith.

And Michigan has been nothing but perennial underachievers. 

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The question is "How would you feel about Jim Harbaugh coming to the Jets with the keys to the executive bathroom?" I'm not asking if you think it would happen. I'm not asking about the plausibility of it happening. I'm simply asking how would you feel if the Jets signed Jim Harbaugh. 

Second Edit - Ownership sucks, and that is pretty much why I asked a fantasy hypothetical question about Jim Harbaugh. 

He has underachieved at Michigan. So IDK

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Not everybody acknowledged that he isn't coming here. A few people didn't bother to read the entire post and made a comment unrelated to the question. While I don't think it's likely to happen, I would never rule anything out. Nothing this organization does surprises me.

Again, I don't know how many different ways we can spin the potential signing of Kirk Cousins. A completely different topic might be a breath of fresh air. It's just a what-if question, nothing more.

I’m really just giving you a hard time lol..but still.. he’s never coming here.?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Could you imagine Harbaugh in NY, reporting to a Johnson?  Wow.  That would be grade A entertainment.

Besides, I've never really understood the obsession with Harbaugh.  I know he took the 9'ers to the Super Bowl and made them contenders immediately but he did absolutely nothing to build those teams.  They were  loaded when Harbaugh got there.  They went from drafting like absolute monster the years leading up to him with players like: Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Delanie Walker, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, Ray McDonald, Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Dashon Goldson, Ricky Jean Francios, Crabtree, Iupati, Bowman.

Then Harbaugh took over and the highlights of his 4 drafts were Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith.

And Michigan has been nothing but perennial underachievers. 

Jim Harbaugh is not Todd Bowles, so he is an immediate upgrade. 

Jim Harbaugh is a chadspreader and Bowles is too passive for a NY head coach.

Archived