Watch out for the Bills

Dcronin

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

They have the capital to mess up our plans. They are getting a top QB we covet, can just feel it.

Baker Mayfield is the type of personality they are looking for (remember these owners hired Rex) but they could also go for super cannon Allen. Those are their favored options IMHO.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Baker Mayfield is the type of personality they are looking for (remember these owners hired Rex) but they could also go for super cannon Allen. Those are their favored options IMHO.

I'm Hoping they're in the Allen camp.

Someome tries to sell the Bills as a dark horse for everything good but a Super Bowl almost every year. It has worked out a grand total of zero times. This is the team getting praised for their rebuild landing them pick 21 as their highest and a WC game loss - properly done or some bullsh*t because they tried to lose. God damned hipsters...The only difference is that this year the delusion has hit the whole board for reasons.

They ARE making a move, we must counter it, of face having to play in the same devision for the next 10 years plus, against a QB we could have Drafted!

In the modern era

Pats Brady

Bills Kelly

Fins Marino

Indy (Old AFC East) Manning

Jet Chad, O'Brien, bunch of retreads

Im sick of this, to let Bills, Fins take over has Brady retires, No F@@king thanks!! 

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Someome tries to sell the Bills as a dark horse for everything good but a Super Bowl almost every year. It has worked out a grand total of zero times. This is the team getting praised for their rebuild landing them pick 21 as their highest and a WC game loss - properly done or some bullsh*t because they tried to lose. God damned hipsters...The only difference is that this year the delusion has hit the whole board for reasons.

They do have an awfully lot of high picks...i’m just saying.

This is what the cost of two wins last season.

It’s  going to cost us major draft capital in the next two drafts and possible Leonard Williams in order to move up.

Teams like Cleveland, who have not even tried to win a game in three years, or the NYG who blatantly didn’t bother to field a competitive team this year now can hold out future hostage.

Frankly, it’s in the NYGs best interest that we don’t get our QB.  Rosen would become one of the most popular icons in NYC thus take away the back pages from the NYG.  We are pretty much going to come away from this draft with what ever QB no one else wants or not one at all.  

But going 5-11 is much more important because it allowed us to develop Richie Anderson, a player that probably won’t get resigned next season or will get resigned to a major extension and end up in jail.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

They ARE making a move, we must counter it, of face having to play in the same devision for the next 10 years plus, against a QB we could have Drafted!

In the modern era

Pats Brady

Bills Kelly

Fins Marino

Im sick of this, to let Bills, Fins take over has Brady retires, No F@@king thanks!!

Draft Mayfield & it Will Be OUR Turn.

In the modern era

Pats Brady

Bills Kelly

Fins Marino

Jets:Post injury Chad, Quincy Carter, Bollinger, one year rental of damaged goods Favre, Sanchez, Geno, and the two kings of all JAGs, Fitz and McCown.

Our other draft picks that we have counted on to be our future at QB:

Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge, Greg McElroy, Taj Boyd, Bryce Petty, and Hackenberg.

I honestly believe that this team is on the verge of losing a ton of fans when they blow this draft.

Selling their fans QBs like Bradford or Bridgewater after the sh!tshow we have had to endure over the past 7 years would be insulting.  

And drafting a guy like Allen would be a disaster because he is going to be expected to come in here and play and more importantly, when he plays like all his film suggests he plays like, a fan base that has shown blind faith in so many inferior QBs is going to feel we are rehashing the Sanchez/Geno//Petty/Hackenberg busts.

And then tuning out.  Our current roster in addition of $90M on a bunch of jags suggests we will be one of the worst teams again next year.  Problem is, next year’s QBs are no where near as deep and our desperate HC and GM will do what ever it takes to win enough games to keep their jobs.

In the modern era

Pats Brady

Bills Kelly

Fins Marino

The modern era is 35 years ago? 

Picks 21 & 22= pick #6 in value. We have a high and mid-2nd rd. pick. 

We can counter anything the Bills can offer if we choose. I don’t see Colts dropping more than 2/3rds down in the draft when they can get their man (Chubb) at #6. If Darnold and Barkley are gone, Chubb goes to Indy, Jets or Denver trade with Cle. to get Rosen/Allen or Mayfield. There will be a very good QB there at #6

Miami is more of a concern to me than Buffalo 

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We can counter anything the Bills can offer if we choose. I don’t see Colts dropping more than 2/3rds down in the draft when they can get their man (Chubb) at #6. If Darnold and Barkley are gone, Chubb goes to Indy, Jets or Denver trade with Cle. to get Rosen/Allen or Mayfield. There will be a very good QB there at #6

Good to see someone lock into the draft chart, the fact that BUF has low picks in the first round

hurts them.  Because if you're IND do you really want to drop from #3 to #21?

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good to see someone lock into the draft chart, the fact that BUF has low picks in the first round

This is a moderately deep draft but the talent starts diminishing rapidly after pick #15. Miami more of a concern than Buffalo or Arizona

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We have the draft capital to hold off either team - as long as Macc is aggressive.  As you point out, our 6th pick is roughly equal to the two Bills picks.  We have 37 & 49 in round 2; Buf has 53 & 55, so both of our 2s are ahead of theirs.  They have better value in the 3rd after acquiring #65 yesterday, but we have enough draft capital in the first two rounds that we should be able to match or beat any offer they make.

As to Miami, it is reported that the picks they got for Landry were no earlier than 3 -- and they already gave up two picks for Quinn.  We have 6, 37, 49 & 72.  They have 11, 42 & 73.  Even if they add another 3 from Landry, we are still in a position to outbid them with the extra 2.

I am more concerned about Macc than Miami or Buffalo.  We have enough draft capital to outbid either team - but we need Macc to be aggressive, because we know Miami and Buffalo will be.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

What may save the jets is that Indy can trade back and still get Chubb at 4, 5 or 6.  If buffalo really wants one of the top qbs my guess is the logical trading partner is the giants.  

15 minutes ago, usanyj said:

One must ask themselves, do the bills know something or have a deal in the works? They traded away their starting qb and now pretty much have Peterson on the roster who couldn’t throw to the right team 

They definitely have a deal in the works and it’s either for the Browns #1, Giants #2 or Colts #3 .. they are going to grab someone good. 

I think what’s being missed is that the Bills are better than the Jets right now and have a lot of options over the next few weeks to get a lot better for a long time, whereas the Jets path to improving is exceedingly narrow and involves either extreme luck or a really expensive trade up. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think what’s being missed is that the Bills are better than the Jets right now and have a lot of options over the next few weeks to get a lot better for a long time, whereas the Jets path to improving is exceedingly narrow and involves either extreme luck or a really expensive trade up. 

The bills path involves an expensive trade up as well. Bills, dolphins and jets all need a bunch of work. 

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

The bills path involves an expensive trade up as well. Bills, dolphins and jets all need a bunch of work. 

Seems like the Bills have been able to trade up and still maintain roster stability any way. I thought that Sammy Watkins trade would of hurt them in the future and it didn’t. They got picks right back the next year.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

They do have an awfully lot of high picks...i’m just saying.

"high"...They have zero extremely valuable high picks for the purposes of landing a tippy top QB prospect. Their current QB is named Nate. 

I bet the only thing the Bills do that annoys me is they get Lauletta or that fun Boise ILB. Very scary

Just now, SenorGato said:

"high"...They have zero extremely valuable high picks for the purposes of landing a tippy top QB prospect. Their current QB is named Nate. 

I bet the only thing the Bills do that annoys me is they get Lauletta or that fun Boise ILB.

Two 1sts, two 2nds, 3 thirds, 2 4ths and picks next year....c’mon now.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Two 1sts, two 2nds, 3 thirds, 2 4ths and picks next year....c’mon now.

Stop outlining what they have as if I'm not aware, you just made the same point you were trying to make the last post. Good for them, enjoy getting the fourth QB in a three QB 1st for their picks that start in the 20s.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Stop outlining what they have as if I'm not aware, you just made the same point you were trying to make the last post. Good for them, enjoy getting the fourth best QB for it. 

Well you respond as if you still don’t understand the magnitude of the situation. Do the Jets have the more valuable picks? Yeah. But the Bills have more picks in volume. Macc thinks he is a “trade savior” no guarantees the guy wants to part ways with both 2nd rounders(which is what it will take) the Bills have already showed they will go up and get who they want with zero f*cks given.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well you respond as if you still don’t understand the magnitude of the situation. Do the Jets have the more valuable picks? Yeah. But the Bills have more picks in volume. Macc thinks he is a “trade savior” no guarantees the guy wants to part ways with both 2nd rounders(which is what it will take) the Bills have already showed they will go up and get who they want with zero f*cks given.

Uh no, I'm the guy keeping some perspective and understands that nooo ooooone drops themselves 16+ spots in the draft these days. It doesn't happen, the chances of that changing are miniscule. Your next sentence mcovers exactly why this Bills fetishization here is dumb.

And what is a "trade savior?" You guys and your hysteria....What have the Bills even shown? That they can trade a mediocre QB coming off a mediocre QBs SB win? Whoop dee doo

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I think the Bills could sit back, use their picks and their $33 mil in cap space and still challenge for a playoff spot, if not the division. The fear, obviously, is that they take the YOLO stab at the third pick. I’m not counting on the Dolphins becoming good, simply because Tannenbaum is a suckbag, but it would surprise no one if he went for the headlines by moving up, either. 

Archived