Watch out for the Bills

Dcronin

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Uh no, I'm the guy keeping some perspective and understands that nooo ooooone drops themselves 16+ spots in the draft these days. It doesn't happen, the chances of that changing are tiny. Your next sentence mcovers exactly why this Bills fetishization here is dumb.

And what is a "trade savior?" You guys and your hysteria....What have the Bills even shown? That they can trade a mediocre QB coming off a mediocre QBs SB win? Whoop dee doo

The Giants want O-lineman. Being that this is a O-line heavy draft, it’s quite possible that they would be willing to trade down that far and grab a few impact lineman while obtaining valuable draft capital for their future rebuilding efforts. Your perspective isn’t the only one that “makes sense” Senor.

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The Giants want O-lineman. Being that this is a O-line heavy draft, it’s quite possible that they would be willing to trade down that far and grab a few impact lineman while obtaining valuable draft capital for their future rebuilding efforts. Your perspective isn’t the only one that “makes sense” Senor.

Again - doors open for anyone at anytime to present even a little precedent for a top 2 pick dropping 19(!!!!!) spots in the draft and coming out ahead for it.  I'm 100% prepared to be wrong, no one's doing a good job of making that happen and you're counting on the Bills to do it.

11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Someome tries to sell the Bills as a dark horse for everything good but a Super Bowl almost every year. It has worked out a grand total of zero times. This is the team getting praised for their rebuild landing them pick 21 as their highest and a WC game loss - properly done or some bullsh*t because they tried to lose. God damned hipsters...The only difference is that this year the delusion has hit the whole board for reasons.

How are the Bills hipsters. What the hell are you talking about?

I am talking about the draft only. Tell me the Bills aren't gonna zoom up the charts. THey have:

Rd. 1, No. 21
Rd. 1, No. 22 (via #Chiefs)
Rd. 2, No. 53
Rd. 2, No. 56 (via #Rams)
Rd. 3, No. 65 (via #Browns)

14 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

How are the Bills hipsters. What the hell are you talking about?

I am talking about the draft only. Tell me the Bills aren't gonna zoom up the charts. THey have:

Rd. 1, No. 21
Rd. 1, No. 22 (via #Chiefs)
Rd. 2, No. 53
Rd. 2, No. 56 (via #Rams)
Rd. 3, No. 65 (via #Browns)

The Jets #6 has more value than the Bills' #21 & 22 combined (1600 vs 1580)

The Jets pair of 2nd rounders, #37 & #49 are way greater in combined value than is the pair of Bills second rounders, #53 & #56 (940 vs 710). 

The Bills 3rd round #65 is a higher in value than the Jets #72 (265 vs 230)

We stand a better chance of moving up because I doubt the Giants or the Colts want to move way down to #21.  (or even to #11 for the Dolphins) I'm sure they'd much rather have #6, particularly the Colts who could potentially get Chubb at #6 or at least Fitzpatrick there.  Move to 21 and you lose the chance at the top, elite prospects. 

19 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets pair of 2nd rounders, #37 & #49 are way greater in combined value than is the pair of Bills second rounders, #53 & #56 (940 vs 710). 

We stand a better chance of moving up because I doubt the Giants or the Colts want to move way down to #21.  (or even to #11 for the Dolphins) I'm sure they'd much rather have #6, particularly the Colts who could potentially get Chubb at #6 or at least Fitzpatrick there.  Move to 21 and you lose the chance at the top, elite prospects. 

This is my thinking as well. The only issue is if there is a team that wants quantity over quality picks. A team like the Colts or Giants could certainly be one of those teams. I agree I don't think they'd ideally want to drop that far when they could set themselves up nicely plus add an elite prospect but the thought process could still be there.

I’m not sold on the Bills moving up. 

They were a playoff team last year with an awful QB.  Thier plan could very easily be to grab a guy like Keenum or AJ and use all those picks to build young depth.  

Do they want to start from scratch with a rookie QB right after making the playoffs for the first time in 20 years?

They very easily could stand pat. 

don't understand why trade with Browns and Bills hurt are chances of grabbing a good qb. Now that Cleveland has Taylor, then they don't need to draft a qb, so even if Buffalo now tries to trade up for one of the top qb's, isn't it a wash? Instead of Cleveland grabbing our qb, buffalo will try to do it, so why have we lost out here on this trade?

48 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I’m not sold on the Bills moving up. 

They were a playoff team last year with an awful QB.  Thier plan could very easily be to grab a guy like Keenum or AJ and use all those picks to build young depth.  

Do they want to start from scratch with a rookie QB right after making the playoffs for the first time in 20 years?

They very easily could stand pat. 

It’s the beginning of new era. Qbs are playing lot longer these days. More qbs coming into the league every yr than those that leave. It’s no longer a big of a deal to draft a qb. Look at all the quality available qbs. 

17 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

don't understand why trade with Browns and Bills hurt are chances of grabbing a good qb. Now that Cleveland has Taylor, then they don't need to draft a qb, so even if Buffalo now tries to trade up for one of the top qb's, isn't it a wash? Instead of Cleveland grabbing our qb, buffalo will try to do it, so why have we lost out here on this trade?

Tyrod Taylor is a hold the fort guy at qb until Darnold is ready.  John Dorsey is being smart getting a capable veteran qb who can win while rebuilding

Too bad we didn't hire Dorsey when we had the chance.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Two 1sts, two 2nds, 3 thirds, 2 4ths and picks next year....c’mon now.

If the bills want to leapfrog us to trade up for Manziel 2.0 by all means

Draft Davenport or Nelson at 6 and hope either Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph fall to us in round 2

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the bills want to leapfrog us to trade up for Manziel 2.0 by all means

Draft Davenport or Nelson at 6 and hope either Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph fall to us in round 2

You won’t get a reaction out of me...Mayfield will be a great QB and i’ll leave it at that. We played this back and fourth game all offeseason with Mayfield. It’s tiring Phil.

15 hours ago, Dcronin said:

They have the capital to mess up our plans. They are getting a top QB we covet, can just feel it.

After the 1st round last year I said the bills were going to jump us for a franchise qb.  We just had to have Adams while Bills traded down got their high end cb and the extra 1st this year.

They also did not delude themselves that after their overachievment this year that they were close to being good long term.  Unlike the jets after the 1st fitz year.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

This assumes Mac will give up all those picks, which the Bills are going to try to bluff him into doing. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think what’s being missed is that the Bills are better than the Jets right now and have a lot of options over the next few weeks to get a lot better for a long time, whereas the Jets path to improving is exceedingly narrow and involves either extreme luck or a really expensive trade up. 

Could be

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

100% agree, and it's probably a 50-50 proposition that the Giants want one of the QBs themselves. I don't see either team willing to trade out of the Barkley/Chubb/Nelson/Fitzpatrick zone for two more questionable picks. The Giants will never trade with the Jets, so the Jets should be in continuing conversations with Indy for pick #3. The sixth pick is a good spot for them. The third pick could very possibly net the second QB in the draft and, while a bit of a pipedream, it's not entirely impossible that Barkley and Nelson could go 1-2. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Tyrod Taylor is a hold the fort guy at qb until Darnold is ready.  John Dorsey is being smart getting a capable veteran qb who can win while rebuilding

Too bad we didn't hire Dorsey when we had the chance.

I could easily see them going Barkley #1 overall, then expecting Allen to be there at #4. Taylor gives them the flexibility to sit Allen for an extended period of time, even the Hackenberg treatment if need be. But if they feel he has the highest ceiling, it's not a bad move at all for them. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Bills shouldn’t move up. They can draft a QB in the first plus a C, WR, CB, LB and RB to give McCoy a break or another WR or DL. 6 players in the first 3 rounds is a good haul. 

They drafted their cb last year and their wr (Tredavius white, zay jones)  The saw peterman spit the bit in his chacne.  They are going to try and trade up.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They drafted their cb last year and their wr (Tredavius white, zay jones)  The saw peterman spit the bit in his chacne.  They are going to try and trade up.

They’re drafting a WR early this year even after getting Benji. The top 4 receivers are two TEs and a RB and they need help at CB. They also need help at LB, DL and OL. 

On 3/10/2018 at 10:54 AM, Dcat said:

And how do you feel now?

Archived