Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

Just now, pointman said:

Brother, I am buying one the minute he signs on with us. Only question is, his last name or "Honey Badger".

I might buy one also!!!!!  

My son and his friends are going nuts with this, the Jets fans want him more than anything.

The dimension this guy brings to the game is beyond amazing. 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Just tiresome to see the same thing year after year. I'm glad you're able to delude yourself into thinking these guys know what they are doing. 

you should steer clear of NFL network, ESPN, and all the NY papers then...  they seem to be under the same delusion.

3 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

At this point they should stay put at 6 especially after resigning Claiborne.  Staying at 6 would allow us to see what happens with the Top 5 picks and if Mayfield/Rosen/Darnold fall which is very likely then we have our Franchise QB while retaining our picks to get the game breaking RB, Edge Rusher and TE.  

If worst case those 3 QBs are gone, which is also very likely, then we have very good options.  I, unlike a lot of people, don't mind if Lamar Jackson was drafted even at 6.  If they feel that this kid could be the answer at QB then I'm fine with it.  We can still end up with Lamar Jackson, Sony Michel and Arden Key as our top 3 picks.  If those 3 QBs are gone by the 6th pick then there's a very good chance that either Chubb or Nelson is there at 6 and either of those 2 would have a HUGE impact on either the offense or defense so I'm okay with that also.  It could be Chubb, Ronald Jones and Arden Key and I'm completely okay with that too.

I think if we stay put at 6 we'd be in a great position to react to whatever happened with the first 5 picks in this draft and that's a really good place to be I think.

I agree, although if we are 100% on a player who is there at 3 then I would move mountains to get him. If we are fine with anyone than sit tight. I am not a big Jackson fan but if the top 4 are gone I could get on board with him. I'd probably take Chubb and then move up for Jackson.

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I agree, although if we are 100% on a player who is there at 3 then I would move mountains to get him. If we are fine with anyone than sit tight. I am not a big Jackson fan but if the top 4 are gone I could get on board with him. I'd probably take Chubb and then move up for Jackson.

I wonder what moving up from 6 to 3 would cost..

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I like Mathieu but he's really a luxury at this point. I have a feeling there will be teams trying to unload really good but pricey players in the near future and Macc is saving up for that.

I like nice things. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll lose my mind if they manage to resign Claiborne AND sign Honey Badger.  The secondary would consist of T. Johnson, Claiborne, Honey Badger, Adams and Maye.  Who in their right mind would have the balls to ever attempt to pass against that??  Imagine adding a pass rusher in the draft on top of that.  Things can change pretty quickly guys.

4 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I wonder what moving up from 6 to 3 would cost..

It really depends. If the Colts are as high on Chubb as I think they are that would bode well for the Broncos and Jets but Buffalo may just throw silly picks at them. If it cost us a 2 this year and a 2 next year then I'd do it. I''d give up the 2019 1st in a different package as well. It all depends on how badly we want a particular QB

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It really depends. If the Colts are as high on Chubb as I think they are that would bode well for the Broncos and Jets but Buffalo may just throw silly picks at them. If it cost us a 2 this year and a 2 next year then I'd do it. I''d give up the 2019 1st in a different package as well. It all depends on how badly we want a particular QB

This draft is shaping up to be wild.  

10 minutes ago, pointman said:

But he won't have an elite crew to play with. That has to be enticing. Mo, Trumaine, Maye, Adams, Honey Badger. O. M. G. 

Wow.  And I have to believe they're adding a pass rusher in this draft too.  That would complete it

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Our D would be amazing. Then Baker can just work out the kinks in his rookie season.

He would have Robby (if not arrested), Enunwa, Kearse, Leggett (I hope he's good), Rookie TE, Powell, Crowell, Rookie RB and a decent Oline to help him.

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

Not that good.

You don't think?  Robby and Kearse were pretty much the go-to's on offense along with Powell.  And with McCown at QB they did a pretty decent job generating some offense for a pretty pathetic offense in terms of offense on paper.

If we add Baker Mayfield, if our leading receiver Enunwa comes back healthy, if Robby, who had a breakout season, comes back and can stay on the straight and narrow continues to improve, if we add Jones or Michel who are game breaking RBs to the unit, Leggett who was legitimately an above average pass catching TE at Clemson along with an improved line you don't think the offense would be improved?

17 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

He would have Robby (if not arrested), Enunwa, Kearse, Leggett (I hope he's good), Rookie TE, Powell, Crowell, Rookie RB and a decent Oline to help him.

8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

You don't think?  Robby and Kearse were pretty much the go-to's on offense along with Powell.  And with McCown at QB they did a pretty decent job generating some offense for a pretty pathetic offense in terms of offense on paper.

If we add Baker Mayfield, if our leading receiver Enunwa comes back healthy, if Robby, who had a breakout season, comes back and can stay on the straight and narrow continues to improve, if we add Jones or Michel who are game breaking RBs to the unit, Leggett who was legitimately an above average pass catching TE at Clemson along with an improved line you don't think the offense would be improved?

I know that the potential for a good offense is there. But there are how many ifs?

we need another proven WR from FA because enunwa and anderson are unknowns. We need a TE because theres nobody there. We need a RB who is more than just ok. 

Sure, IF we get those things, they can be decent. Theyre still 4-5 players away from that as things stand.

13 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I'm a big fan of McGuire.  I just think if they add a 2nd round RB and it's Powell, Crowell, 2nd round RB that McGuire would sadly be the odd man out.

Or since McGuire is a cheaper, younger version of Bilal, you could go Crowell, <Rookie RB>, Elijah, (Filler RB). Would save us some money too.

8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I'm a big fan of McGuire.  I just think if they add a 2nd round RB and it's Powell, Crowell, 2nd round RB that McGuire would sadly be the odd man out.

Then don’t take a RB in the 2nd. JMO. Go pass rusher and C/G. Jets also have Jeremy Langford on roster. He could be a rotational 3rd down type if needed. 

I'm of the glass is half-full crowd and I think Robby will be fine.  He'll probably serve a 2 game suspension but that won't stop him from continuing to produce on the field.  He's only going to get better.  Yeah Enunwa suffered a scary injury but he's 25 and hopefully that plays a major factor into him being healthy.  If the doctors give him an okay to play then I'm good with that and that means you have 2 stud receivers both under 25 years old.

I don't think it's a big IF that Macc drafts one of the stud RBs in the 2nd round especially with what Hunt and Kamara did.  Jones II or Michel could easily be on this team.  And the fact that the current TE unit consist of Tomlinson/Sterling/Leggett leads me to believe that unless they sign one they'll be drafting one pretty high.  I'd guess the 3rd round where they can still get a quality TE.

After it's all said and done I think they'll be in a position where they can go offense with the majority of their picks this upcoming draft.  There's a lot of talent on offense this year in this draft so I'm going to keep my hopes high.  And pray.  Lots of praying

4 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Or since McGuire is a cheaper, younger version of Bilal, you could go Crowell, <Rookie RB>, Elijah, (Filler RB). Would save us some money too.

I actually wouldn't mind that as badly as I want one of those RBs in the draft that I know we'll be staring at come our pick in the 2nd round.  We technically don't NEED a RB with Powell, Crowell and McGuire as our trio.

7 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I actually wouldn't mind that as badly as I want one of those RBs in the draft that I know we'll be staring at come our pick in the 2nd round.  We technically don't NEED a RB with Powell, Crowell and McGuire as our trio.

I think we'll go QB, Edge, OL with our 1st 3 picks.Like you said we don't NEED a RB with Crowell signed. Maybe grab one in the later rounds (4-5)

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think we'll go QB, Edge, OL with our 1st 3 picks.Like you said we don't NEED a RB with Crowell signed. Maybe grab one in the later rounds (4-5)

I agree.  Definitely QB/Edge/OL.  Now with Beachum-Carpenter-Long-Winters-Shell plugged in as our current starters where do you look to improve?  Guard or Tackle?  I'm okay with Shells and Beachum as our starters.  I'd love to upgrade the RG position with someone nasty.  Ideally I would want Nelson but that would mean no QB unless it's Jackson in a trade-up.  There are some good G's to be had in the 2nd round ala Hernandez, Wynn, Smith..

PLEASE MACC. PLEASE!!!!

The Honey Badger gives us an instant identity. New Jack City with the LSU boys would be so exciting. A bunch of chess pieces. We don't have a top 30 player in the NFL. Honey Badger immediately is our best player and creates a strength.

Archived