LAD_Brooklyn

Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

Rate this topic

Just now, BrickTamland said:

I agree with the guy. Offense more depleted then our secondary. 

also need an olb and dl

but. I want it all

There's really no real upgrades left on offence. Ebron I guess. Who else do you want?

4 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Manish just tweeted and said that they are interested in being him in for “the right price”, but they have other priorities... 

1. My understanding is that the @NYJets would have interest in Tyrann Mathieu at the right price. (Other priorities at the moment though). http://nydn.us/2GwwxZm 

DYX3w8WX4Act3I6.jpg
    9 replies6 retweets29 likes

.@NYJets have a pretty good secondary at the moment: Mo Claiborne, Trumaine Johnson, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye. NOW GET TYRANN MATHIEU!!! http://nydn.us/2FUk6J0 

DYX3AZIVwAAEJHF.jpg
    12 replies43 retweets119 likes

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Manish just tweeted and said that they are interested in being him in for “the right price”, but they have other priorities... 

Translation: "Macc is getting the shakes as he reaches for his wallet.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

If it means getting rid of Skrine sign me up. I still want to see a WR signed though and maybe another OL but so far I'm good.

Would love another OL

9 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I think if money is the same or close then we'll get him. I think he's excited about the thought of playing with his friends again.

edit - I wonder what the price point we want to hit is.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

If it means getting rid of Skrine sign me up. I still want to see a WR signed though and maybe another OL but so far I'm good.

Really should only cost us 4 mil after we cut Lady Bird. 

Who do you want at WR or Oline? 

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wiping it off with one of the many penalty flags around his house.

You are cleaning up on Twitter man. People love you. Good job.  :)

3 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Really should only cost us 4 mil after we cut Lady Bird. 

Who do you want at WR or Oline? 

Crabtree or Pryor on a 1 yr prove it deal if the price is right. I like Fleming for the OL as he is young and a decent get.

15 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Good thing he knows nothing and is never right.

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wiping it off with one of the many penalty flags around his house.

Well done. Got the image of his back yard looking like the summit of mt. everest

image.png

Just now, prime21 said:

If we sign him then we should send a thank you card to Kirk for saving us so much money.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Only if we actually kept Skrine after bringing him in. Otherwise not signing cousins would probably only save a us a few million because of the subtracted cap hit.

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Normally I'd say pass because the secondary is already in place but Mathieu is a legit HOF type talent and only 25 years old.

Sign him. 

It would also give them one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Pair that with a legitimate pass rusher and the team might ******* win something. 

IMO jets are playing it cool so as not to be embarrassed if the HB elects to sign elsewhere, but they will clearly make a strong effort to sign him because it makes too much sense with the money saved by releasing Skrine.

From here on out we need Tyrann , a Guard via FA then draft a QB either Rosen or Mayfield will do then spend the early second on the best RB available to help our young QB transition to the NFL and spend the rest of the picks how Macc sees fit. Is Eifert still avalable  if not maybe one of the young TE's in round 2 with the backs. This draft should focus on Offense since it seems to be a better Off Draft then D at least early on it does

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

how much money do the Packers have?

Can't be much.  Spotrac has them at about $26 mil, but that is before signing Graham and Wilkerson.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Chubb will be gone 

The Jets might be better off taking an edge rusher in the first and either Mike White or Lauretta in the 2nd to develop behind Teddybear