Cardinal release Honey Badger Tyrann Mathieu - MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

I see his true colors now. 

The more I think about it I don't see how he passes us up though.  Our defense really has a chance to be something special.  I think we're an OLB and a CB away from having a really really good defense.  **** this.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetFanatic said:

It has to be because he felt that with Watson, Hopkins and their already insane defense which is now that much more insane they gave him a better chance to win.  Boy I wish we have a perfect draft and prove him, and every other FA who passed us up despite us offering more, wrong.

1 yr deal. Go after him next yr. 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Pretty good chance he turned a few other teams down too, right? 

No meaning I'm sure we offered him the most.  I would think at least 10 million right?  So if we were offering him 10 and the Texans got him for 7 that means he just didn't want to play for us and turned us down.

2 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

The more I think about it I don't see how he passes us up though.  Our defense really has a chance to be something special.  I think we're an OLB and a CB away from having a really really good defense.  **** this.

Its simple. He wants to be the big fish in a small pond. He didn't want to come here and be part of the secondary with all our talent, with Adams the self proclaimed president. 

Just now, JetFanatic said:

No meaning I'm sure we offered him the most.  I would think at least 10 million right?  So if we were offering him 10 and the Texans got him for 7 that means he just didn't want to play for us and turned us down.

No idea. 

Lets not forget most beat writers didn’t see it happening. 

8 minutes ago, First_Blood said:

The 1 year deal they gave Claiborne it would not surprise me at all if Fitzpatrick is the target

If we pass on one of the QB's at 6 for Fitzpatrick, I will be livid. And that is the most Jetsy like thing that would happen. 

Listen, we all need to stop saying this--even as a joke-- or this sh*t is going to come true. 

Just now, First_Blood said:

We must prepare ourselves for the worst and the possible let down imo

I get it but we don't need to be putting this into the Universe. You can call me crazy but way too many people say this. Why not just say what you want to come true? The Jets will trade up and take Rosen or Mayfield at 2.

We must prepare ourselves for the worst and the possible let down imo

I have absolutely zero doubt that Mac will just stand pat at 6 and do his BPA thing. I'm not gonna be shocked at all if out does end up being Minkah. And Mac should be fired the next day if it happens. Get your qb by any means necessary.

Just now, Drums said:

I get it but we don't need to be putting this into the Universe. You can call me crazy but way too many people say this. Why not just say what you want to come true? The Jets will trade up and take Rosen or Mayfield at 2.

Because we are the damn Jets, this team never fails to disappoint

1 minute ago, First_Blood said:

Because we are the damn Jets, this team never fails to disappoint

Exactly 54 years of my life and anything related to nY Jets football is failure. 

Lucky for me I was 6 when they won the Super Bowl I feel bad for my son and all the younger fans who may never see a damn Super Bowl. 

Fooking pissed right now. 

13 minutes ago, pointman said:

The man's daughter literally has a child with him and they couldn't get him to come here. HE'S TECHNICALLY THEIR FAMILY! FAMILY COULDN'T GET FAMILY TO COME HERE. BOWLES IS A BUM. WHAT CAN HE DO? WHAT?! NAME ONE THING. ONE!

could be the reason he didnt come here.  Working with family will cause problems with family and the rest of the org/players at one time or another more often than not.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly 54 years of my life and anything related to nY Jets football is failure. 

Lucky for me I was 6 when they won the Super Bowl I feel bad for my son and all the younger fans who may never see a damn Super Bowl. 

Fooking pissed right now. 

Wait, a safety/nickel hybrid was going to be the missing piece for the Jets?

They need to be looking at OL, WR, TE and OLB the rest of FA.

They just spent a sh*tload of resources on the secondary over the last 11 months between drafting Adams/Maye in the Top 2 rounds and throwing money at Johnson and Claiborne.

12 minutes ago, pointman said:

Its simple. He wants to be the big fish in a small pond. He didn't want to come here and be part of the secondary with all our talent, with Adams the self proclaimed president. 

His loss.  Our defense will still be no joke.

We could of beat that 1 yr 7M offer I just do not get it. PFF saying he got lit up in the slot, so I am trying to be realistic here. He wants to be a safety and those positions are filled but Bowles would of known what to do with him because he coached him his first 2 years in the league and helped develop him into the player he is. You've just got to be kidding me... He still definitely would of been an upgrade over Skrine. This team had plenty of money to sign a significant free agent and this should of been the guy. He is an all pro safety that would of stood out on this defense.  

Just now, First_Blood said:

We could of beat that 1 yr 7M offer I just do not get it. PFF saying he got lit up in the slot, so I am trying to be realistic here. He wants to be a safety and those positions are filled but Bowles would of known what to do with him because he coached him his first 2 years in the league and helped develop him into the player he is. You've just got to be kidding me... He still definitely would of been an upgrade over Skrine. This team had plenty of money to sign a significant free agent and this should of been the guy. He is an all pro safety that would of stood out on this defense.  

Hopefully that is it.

9 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

could be the reason he didnt come here.  Working with family will cause problems with family and the rest of the org/players at one time or another more often than not.

Seeing Bowles face for 3:30 hours once a week makes me sick. I can't imagine seeing his stupid face in season, and off. So Bowles ruined it. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He wont be part of this. 

giphy.gif?resize=480%2C250&ssl=1

Exactly.  Our defense still has Leonard Williams, Lee (who will take another step forward) Jenkins, Johnson, Claiborne, Maye, Adams and we're going to hopefully add an impact OLB and another CB.  The more I calm myself and think straight the better I feel.  We're going to be okay.

Archived