Referendum on Rich Cimini vs JetNation insider Mogglez on who we draft.

Jetsbb

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Maybe. But like the Colts GM said today, he didn’t want to trade out of the top 10. I doubt the Giants feel any different. 

The giants would be crazy to trade out of the top 10.....I also could see them wanting Barkley, who probably doesn’t make it passed 6 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It very well could be true.  Also, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me to find out that Cimini is his source.  The draft is so much harder to predict because teams intentionally leak false information.

Adding to this reply, this is what Allbright predicts will happen in the top 5 if he had to bet on it today:

Screenshot_20180317-191335.png

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Adding to this reply, this is what Allbright predicts will happen in the top 5 if he had to bet on it today:

Screenshot_20180317-191335.png

No way the giants take a Nelson  at 2 with this draft class, if that was the case they could’ve traded back to 6 and took him 

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

To me it means they are comfortable with Mayfield if Darnold and Rosen are gone. The trade ironically took place after Mac went to Rosen and Mayfield's pro days.

In my opinion, Mayfield is the consolation prize if Rosen isn't there.

Contrarian view, after Mayfield’s Pro day Macc scratched him off the list, and wants to guarantee one of the other 3.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It very well could be true.  Also, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me to find out that Cimini is his source.  The draft is so much harder to predict because teams intentionally leak false information.

Could be. He also listed 4-5 teams for honey badger and the Texans weren’t one of them. 

He seems to be an incarcerated boob jr. Throws crap against the wall...

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Could be. He also listed 4-5 teams for honey badger and the Texans weren’t one of them. 

He seems to be an incarcerated boob jr. Throws crap against the wall...

He's definitely not 100% right but I do think he's more connected than Bob.  Big tell is going to be who shows up to Allen's pro day. Macc, our top Scouts, and Bates we're all at Rosen's.  Macc was alone at Mayfield's.  If the representation at Wyoming is more like Rosen's, it might be fair to start saying that Allen has risen higher than Baker.  

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

He's definitely not 100% right but I do think he's more connected than Bob.  Big tell is going to be who shows up to Allen's pro day. Macc, our top Scouts, and Bates we're all at Rosen's.  Macc was alone at Mayfield's.  If the representation at Wyoming is more like Rosen's, it might be fair to say Allen is higher than Baker.  

Or would that be the perfect opportunity for a smokescreen

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Or would that be the perfect opportunity for a smokescreen

True but I doubt it. Macc has been very transparent for the most part during hhis tenure here. He hasn't been one to throw out huge smokescreens like that. Not his MO

Just now, King P said:

True but I doubt it. Macc has been very transparent for the most part during hhis tenure here. He hasn't been one to throw out huge smokescreens like that. Not his MO

But he always said he was taking best player available so there was never a reason.  Now he's got an incentive.

1 minute ago, King P said:

Didn't we go massively out of our way to pretend we weren't interested in Hack? 

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Benjamin Albright also saying its Josh Allen over Mayfield

Personally I'd pick Allen over Mayfield but I think the Jets are hoping it's Darnold or Rosen. Cleveland takes one of those 2 QB's at 1, Giants take Barkley or Chubb and the Jets take whoever from the top 2 is left. I don't think anyone here would be upset with either Rosen or Darnold. Wait make that any NORMAL person here. lol

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Personally I'd pick Allen over Mayfield but I think the Jets are hoping it's Darnold or Rosen. Cleveland takes one of those 2 QB's at 1, Giants take Barkley or Chubb and the Jets take whoever from the top 2 is left. I don't think anyone here would be upset with either Rosen or Darnold. Wait make that any NORMAL person here. lol

Or the browns fall in love with allen and are content to groom him for a year.  There are rumors about this.

7 minutes ago, morny said:

Didn't we go massively out of our way to pretend we weren't interested in Hack? 

Somewhat. The private workout was a secret. But we did show up to his pro day and had an interview with him and all that. So it wasn't a complete secret.

Macc won't reveal how interested he is, but you'll know he's somewhat. interested if he spends time with you. He's not the type that will be super interested but will never have any interaction with you in order to conceal that interest like other GMs do. Not his style

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Rich Cimini:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75197/quarterback-starved-jets-make-right-move-by-trading-up

"I believe the Jets' top three are Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, in no particular order. That's based on conversations with personnel people around the league. The early sense is that the Jets don't rate Baker Mayfield in that upper-echelon category. It's worth noting that Maccagnan left the Jets' free-agency war room in recent days to attend the Rosen and Mayfield pro days. It was a final look-see before he made this trade."

Mogglez:

"To make a very long story short they're incredibly high on all of the top 4 with Rosen and Darnold at the very top, Mayfield and Allen just below, in that order. However, Baker Mayfield is about to make our top 2 (Rosen, Darnold) a top 3 if he does well in the private meeting/workout we set up with him.  He was incredibly impressive when we met with him for over 4 hours at the Senior Bowl, and even more so at the Combine.  Football IQ is off the charts.  Allen isn't dumb by any means.  In fact, I heard he tested better than expected on the white board.  However, he's just a little behind the other 3 in that regard. Obviously, where he makes up for this is his measurables and his arm that no one else comes close to."

Its very likely Darnold and Rosen will be 1-2 Macaggnon gave up a lot to get one of the 2nd tiered QB's

If Rosen and Darnold are really our top two I hope other teams don’t read our message board.   I assume most do though. 

6 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Rich Cimini:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75197/quarterback-starved-jets-make-right-move-by-trading-up

"I believe the Jets' top three are Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, in no particular order. That's based on conversations with personnel people around the league. The early sense is that the Jets don't rate Baker Mayfield in that upper-echelon category. It's worth noting that Maccagnan left the Jets' free-agency war room in recent days to attend the Rosen and Mayfield pro days. It was a final look-see before he made this trade."

Mogglez:

"To make a very long story short they're incredibly high on all of the top 4 with Rosen and Darnold at the very top, Mayfield and Allen just below, in that order. However, Baker Mayfield is about to make our top 2 (Rosen, Darnold) a top 3 if he does well in the private meeting/workout we set up with him.  He was incredibly impressive when we met with him for over 4 hours at the Senior Bowl, and even more so at the Combine.  Football IQ is off the charts.  Allen isn't dumb by any means.  In fact, I heard he tested better than expected on the white board.  However, he's just a little behind the other 3 in that regard. Obviously, where he makes up for this is his measurables and his arm that no one else comes close to."

Its very likely Darnold and Rosen will be 1-2 Macaggnon gave up a lot to get one of the 2nd tiered QB's

All good, neither caught any wind of the trade in the works since the senior bowl.  

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Who the hell is Mogglez?

SAR I

:) a JN poster with supposed "links" to the KGB @Mogglez also has a "friend" working within the Jets "organization"

based on the OP, Mogglez says the Jets top 3 QBs in the draft are; Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield but Cimini thinks Allen ranks over Mayfield - what say you?

17 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

:) a JN poster with supposed "links" to the KGB @Mogglez also has a "friend" working within the Jets "organization"

based on the OP, Mogglez says the Jets top 3 QBs in the draft are; Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield but Cimini thinks Allen ranks over Mayfield - what say you?

I say we're going to have to jump over the Giants to get Rosen, so watch for us to make a trade with the Browns 60 seconds into the draft.  Or, watch for the Browns to take Rosen, the Giants to take Barkley, and then the Jets drafting Darnold to trade immediately to the Browns for Rosen.

Pick a scenario, if the Jets want Rosen they are going to have to jump the Giants to get him.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I say we're going to have to jump over the Giants to get Rosen, so watch for us to make a trade with the Browns 60 seconds into the draft.  Or, watch for the Browns to take Rosen, the Giants to take Barkley, and then the Jets drafting Darnold to trade immediately to the Browns for Rosen.

Pick a scenario, if the Jets want Rosen they are going to have to jump the Giants to get him.

SAR I

I agree with this.  I think the giants are taking him, period.

If I was the Browns or a Browns fan I would want Barkley at 1 and whichever of these three QBs that fall to 4. I cant see the Giants taking a QB at all. You dont draft a QB that high when you have two - but no OL, no RB, and a diva WR who will most definitely cry real tears if the offense cant move the ball next season

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes, the first night of the draft will be interesting, and the trade up would be worth it if Rosen is the franchise QB and Mayfield/Allen are not...

Big question is if they think Rosen is worth Mayfield and a high draft pick needed to jump the Giants (assuming Cleveland takes Darnold)

10 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Yes, the first night of the draft will be interesting, and the trade up would be worth it if Rosen is the franchise QB and Mayfield/Allen are not...

Big question is if they think Rosen is worth Mayfield and a high draft pick needed to jump the Giants (assuming Cleveland takes Darnold)

If the Jets are in love with one of the QB's and they think he is the next sure-thing Peyton Manning they would do anything to get him.

This is where having the Giants at #2 actually helps us to get the #1 from the Browns; you've got the New York New York undercurrent going on.  Should the Jets want Rosen and should the Giants get Rosen and go on for the next 15 years to win Championships it would be the most embarrassing situation in team history.  The Johnson brothers won't let that happen.  Give the Browns this year's #1 and next year's #1 and get the #1 overall pick and get that franchise quarterback and look like heroes to your fans and trump the Giants in the process.  We'd eat that up.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets are in love with one of the QB's and they think he is the next sure-thing Peyton Manning they would do anything to get him.

This is where having the Giants at #2 actually helps us to get the #1 from the Browns; you've got the New York New York undercurrent going on.  Should the Jets want Rosen and should the Giants get Rosen and go on for the next 15 years to win Championships it would be the most embarrassing situation in team history.  The Johnson brothers won't let that happen.  Give the Browns this year's #1 and next year's #1 and get the #1 overall pick and get that franchise quarterback and look like heroes to your fans and trump the Giants in the process.  We'd eat that up.

SAR I

I don't see this happening but who knows.  They said Macc already called Cleveland to see what it would take to get the #1 overall pick but he ended up doing the Indy trade to #3.  I would have to imagine we're staying at #3 and Macc likes at least 3 of these QBs.  Imagine we trade up to #1 and still pick the wrong guy?!

I think this forum has our hearts set on Rosen so i f Darnold/Rosen go 1-2 that would be tough to take, especially with Rosen playing in our building but for the team in blue.  I still am holding out hope the Giants or Browns take Barkley.  If the Browns take Barkley and the Giants take Rosen, do you think the Jets take Darnold?

18 hours ago, KRL said:

I don't believe the NYG are taking a QB at #2, their free agent moves
indicate that they think 2017 was an aberration.  And all they need are
a few tweaks to be a playoff team again therefore they are going to want
an impact player (Barkley, Nelson, Chubb) not someone sitting behind 
Manning

I’m orobably gonna stop reading the board a couple days before the draft and just read this post 12-15 or so time a day. 

43 minutes ago, RSJ said:

If I was the Browns or a Browns fan I would want Barkley at 1 and whichever of these three QBs that fall to 4. I cant see the Giants taking a QB at all. You dont draft a QB that high when you have two - but no OL, no RB, and a diva WR who will most definitely cry real tears if the offense cant move the ball next season

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Browns just signed carlos Hyde.  1900 yards last 2 yrs. I don’t think browns get cute anymore. They take the safest bet, darnold at 1. They can still get Barkley at 4

The reason for the trade is obvious and it comes down to three things.  First, the Jet FO realizes that they need to draft a QB in this year's QB rich draft.  It is also based on there being 4 QBs that are sure fire early first round picks - Darnold, Rosed, Mayfield, and Allen. Second, it was quite possible that at 6, the Jets would not have an opportunity to draft any of the four. Buffalo was obviously loading up for a trade into the top 4.  That means that QBs could have gone to Cleveland, NYG, Buffalo and Denver, leaving the Jets with none of the four. Third, Mac must be happy with at least 3 of the top 4 QBs to move to pick 3, assuring that the Jets draft one of these three QBs.  So the trade was made so the Jets can guarantee they have a shot to pick one of the top three QBs in the draft and avoids losing the game of QB musical chairs with no QB left at 6.  

I too hope that the Jets #2 or #3 QB of the four is not Allen.  I would be happy with Mayfield at #3 compared to being shut out.  There is no guarantee any of the four would be there at 6.  I would be happier if the Giants take Barkley at 2 and the Jets get Rosen or Darnold at 3, depending on what Cleveland does at 1 (Allen or Darnold).  If Allen is the Jets pick at 3, I just hope the FO knows more about QBs than I do, because his lack of production and accuracy at Wyoming scares me.

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Browns just signed carlos Hyde.  1900 yards last 2 yrs. I don’t think browns get cute anymore. They take the safest bet, darnold at 1. They can still get Barkley at 4

If the Giants trade the pick to the Bills then you're definitely right.  The Bills and Jets would take QBs at 2 and 3, leaving Saquon for the Browns at 4. 

If the Giants keep the pick then the Browns have to think about Saquon at #1 because he might be gone at #2.  In such a case, it's possible that the Browns will take Darnold #1 and then they'll be the ones who trade with the Bills at the #4 pick.

Basically the whole top of the draft completely depends on the Giants.

Archived