Referendum on Rich Cimini vs JetNation insider Mogglez on who we draft.

Jetsbb

Rich Cimini:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75197/quarterback-starved-jets-make-right-move-by-trading-up

"I believe the Jets' top three are Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, in no particular order. That's based on conversations with personnel people around the league. The early sense is that the Jets don't rate Baker Mayfield in that upper-echelon category. It's worth noting that Maccagnan left the Jets' free-agency war room in recent days to attend the Rosen and Mayfield pro days. It was a final look-see before he made this trade."

Mogglez:

"To make a very long story short they're incredibly high on all of the top 4 with Rosen and Darnold at the very top, Mayfield and Allen just below, in that order. However, Baker Mayfield is about to make our top 2 (Rosen, Darnold) a top 3 if he does well in the private meeting/workout we set up with him.  He was incredibly impressive when we met with him for over 4 hours at the Senior Bowl, and even more so at the Combine.  Football IQ is off the charts.  Allen isn't dumb by any means.  In fact, I heard he tested better than expected on the white board.  However, he's just a little behind the other 3 in that regard. Obviously, where he makes up for this is his measurables and his arm that no one else comes close to."

Its very likely Darnold and Rosen will be 1-2 Macaggnon gave up a lot to get one of the 2nd tiered QB's

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Rich Cimini:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/75197/quarterback-starved-jets-make-right-move-by-trading-up

"I believe the Jets' top three are Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, in no particular order. That's based on conversations with personnel people around the league. The early sense is that the Jets don't rate Baker Mayfield in that upper-echelon category. It's worth noting that Maccagnan left the Jets' free-agency war room in recent days to attend the Rosen and Mayfield pro days. It was a final look-see before he made this trade."

Mogglez:

"To make a very long story short they're incredibly high on all of the top 4 with Rosen and Darnold at the very top, Mayfield and Allen just below, in that order. However, Baker Mayfield is about to make our top 2 (Rosen, Darnold) a top 3 if he does well in the private meeting/workout we set up with him.  He was incredibly impressive when we met with him for over 4 hours at the Senior Bowl, and even more so at the Combine.  Football IQ is off the charts.  Allen isn't dumb by any means.  In fact, I heard he tested better than expected on the white board.  However, he's just a little behind the other 3 in that regard. Obviously, where he makes up for this is his measurables and his arm that no one else comes close to."

Its very likely Darnold and Rosen will be 1-2 Macaggnon gave up a lot to get one of the 2nd tiered QB's

Mogglez makes more sense for the jets to give up so much draft collateral to move to 3.  They must be sold on 3 of them.  And when is cimini right about this stuff anyway?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Mogglez makes more sense for the jets to give up so much draft collateral to move to 3.  They must be sold on 3 of them.  And when is cimini right about this stuff anyway?

Give me a break, Mogglez has been giving us info on the Jets thoughts about QB's

all year.  I don't care what Cimini says

I don't believe the NYG are taking a QB at #2, their free agent moves
indicate that they think 2017 was an aberration.  And all they need are
a few tweaks to be a playoff team again therefore they are going to want
an impact player (Barkley, Nelson, Chubb) not someone sitting behind 
Manning

Just now, sourceworx said:

Barkley going top 2 would be a coup for us. Huge.

Yup. This trade = Mac probably inquired with Giants, they are sold on using puck for Barkley or the OG.

Calculated risk = only 2 QBs get picked in top 3.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys can’t do math. Having the third pick, knowing the Giants don’t need a QB = getting 1 of the top 2.

In what version of reality is that a certainty? And can you provide directions

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You guys can’t do math. Having the third pick, knowing the Giants don’t need a QB = getting 1 of the top 2.

With SO many holes to fill I can't see the Giants trading down with say Buffalo at 12. Premium players are gone by then. That's why I liked us sitting at 6. Obviously the Colts did too. Trading from #3 to #6 isn't a bad move. The Colts can still pick up a premier player. At #12....not so much.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. This trade = Mac probably inquired with Giants, they are sold on using puck for Barkley or the OG.

Oh? The version where the giants answered Macs inquiry honestly and won't change thier mind in the next month and also won't trade out. Got it

Can I have some of the glue you're sniffing?

20 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Giants aren't taking the most pro-ready QB when they still want 2 years of Eli.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

With SO many holes to fill I can't see the Giants trading down with say Buffalo at 12. Premium players are gone by then. That's why I liked us sitting at 6. Obviously the Colts did too. Trading from #3 to #6 isn't a bad move. The Colts can still pick up a premier player. At #12....not so much.

Fair concern, maybe Giants make the cost prohibitive. We’d know their cost for us if we talk to them first.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Oh? The version where the giants answered Macs inquiry honestly and won't change thier mind in the next month. 

Can I have some of the glue you're sniffing? 

I’m not sure it could overpower the fine aroma of patchouli and dirty laundry that you’re used to, but sure... have at it.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Barkley or the OG.

Hoping the smart team ahead of us does the dumb thing isn't a calculated risk. The wisdom of crowds is catching up to common sense quick on Nelson btw. He's getting mocked outside of the top ten as often as not over the past week or so.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

To me it means they are comfortable with Mayfield if Darnold and Rosen are gone. The trade ironically took place after Mac went to Rosen and Mayfield's pro days.

In my opinion, Mayfield is the consolation prize if Rosen isn't there.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Hoping the smart team ahead of us does the dumb thing isn't a calculated risk. The wisdom of crowds is catching up to common sense quick on Nelson btw. He's getting mocked outside of the top ten as often as not over the past week or so.

Fair point.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Of course it' possible, I'm just not sure it's likely.

May not be. Doesn’t prohibit it from being a discussion point.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

To me it means they are comfortable with Mayfield if Darnold and Rosen are gone. The trade ironically took place after Mac went to Rosen and Mayfield's pro days.

Let's not forget Allen.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

To me it means they didn't want the Bills to get ahead of them and  they are hoping the Giants take the RB. Ultimately however I think it's clear that the top priority was the gaurentee of getting A QB at 3 over the risk of getting no QB at 6.

4D chess on Macs part for sure 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That would would be a disaster. You're doing this for a QB or not at all.

You read it wrong. We were talking NYG picks. Giants take Chubb or Barkley. We didn't move up to #3 for anything but a QB.

Archived