Jump to content
Hackenberg

ok,so, who's already had a Colonoscopy?

Recommended Posts

Yep - 3 so far.  Every male over 50 needs to get one.  There's nothing to it and it helps save lives.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3X. Not so bad. had all of 1 polyp taken out.If there is any history of cancer in your family it's a no brainer and not so awful since they knock you out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True story my ass Dr I call him (used him for a hemorrhoid) years ago is a big Jets fan season ticket holder so during this procedure a nurse or physician assistant not sure walks in while I'm  getting it done and I look up and its my around the block neighbor i've had conversations with a few times while she walked her dog....I wanted to die...........needless to say I'm 54 and no go on the colonoscopy!!!!!!!

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, peebag said:

Yep - 3 so far.  Every male over 50 needs to get one.  There's nothing to it and it helps save lives.

3? Jeez.. I'll tolerate one more time 10 years from now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, what about rest of intestine?  They need to probe  the colon, but not the other stuff?

 

Anyway , the prep  drink did make me throw up the first night...right after ,I didn' feel.as bad but yeah , had my street n smith's  and other nfl preview issues In the bathroom  the rest of the night. 

I drank 12 bottles of water on Thursday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had one this past November.  Not a big deal at all.  One small polyp which was benign (almost everyone has one which they remove). This coming from someone who had really been fearing the procedure.  

You will feel absolutely nothing as you will be out during the colonoscopy.  Nice side benefit is that the drugs they administer to knock you out make you feel really awesome when you wake up.  They also allow you to have really positive dreams when you're out.  Both my doctor and the nurses said this would happen and it sure as hell did.  

Prep also is not as bad as it once was.  I would strongly suggest investing in flushable wipes and hemorrhoid ointment to keep that most delicate of areas from getting too irritated and painful.  Worked wonders for me.

Good luck.  Enjoy the drug euphoria afterwards.  I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Well, what about rest of intestine?  They need to probe  the colon, but not the other stuff?

 

Anyway , the prep  drink did make me throw up the first night...right after ,I didn' feel.as bad but yeah , had my street n smith's  and other nfl preview issues In the bathroom  the rest of the night. 

I drank 12 bottles of water on Thursday 

The prep work is worst than the actual procedure - the trick to that is to eat a soft diet (broth, jello, etc) a couple days before the procedure.  The prep drink is pretty bad- usually hide it with flavored drink (koolaid) to get it down.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peebag said:

The prep work is worst than the actual procedure - the trick to that is to eat a soft diet (broth, jello, etc) a couple days before the procedure.  The prep drink is pretty bad- usually hide it with flavored drink (koolaid) to get it down.

I took this on recommendation from my wife and doctor.  Tasted like Tang from the old days.  You take it twice during the prep period supplemented with either plain water, clear broth, and/or clear soda like Sprite.  Was totally fine.

http://www.prepopik.com/about-prepopik/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just had my 2nd one 2 weeks ago. The prep is definitely the worst part. In fact, a colonoscopy is kind of like a microcosm of a jets season in 24 hours....you drink way too much, you lose your appetite, and somebody sticks something up your ass. I did get good news, came back totally clean.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of us get different  prep drinks.

I could chase mine with Gatorade,  but wasn't allowed to mix it with anything  but water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, peebag said:

The prep work is worst than the actual procedure - the trick to that is to eat a soft diet (broth, jello, etc) a couple days before the procedure.  The prep drink is pretty bad- usually hide it with flavored drink (koolaid) to get it down.

I was only on liquids, wed. N Thursday. Had 12 bottles  of water thursday. Whizzed  all night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my GF to get hers.  I told her when she was under, the doc invited me and a bunch of strange guys in to check out her ass. 

She has a good sense of humor... took it well. nice ass too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago. Turns out I'm a perfect a$$hole and was told to come back in 10 years.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 4:12 AM, Hackenberg said:

I did Friday the 22nd

 

raining_david_tennant.gif

200.gif

Prove it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Prove it 

Good,you are learning.

The difference  is I'm not national media. I don't  gain or lose  anything by you believing  me or not. 

 Youre right, I can't  prove it to you through this device and that's  my point. Unless you actually know something first hand/experientially, You are taking it all by faith. You base almost all your thoughts on belief and faith,assumptions. Not actual experiential understanding. 

But let's  keep that  out of my thread about my butt lol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Good,you are learning.

The difference  is I'm not national media. I don't  gain or lose  anything by you believing  me or not. 

 Youre right, I can't  prove it to you through this device and that's  my point. Unless you actually know something first hand/experientially, You are taking it all by faith. You base almost all your thoughts on belief and faith,assumptions. Not actual experiential understanding. 

But let's  keep that  out of my thread about my butt lol 

 

You're an actor making this up for attention 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

Seriously?  Come on, one side is bad enough. ..no way. .no way, man. Are you worried about something to look for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Larz said:

You're an actor making this up for attention 

We are all actors. Of course, who doesn't want attention?  But no, not made up...first time.. while it's not the worst,  still hated it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 4:13 PM, Hackenberg said:

3? Jeez.. I'll tolerate one more time 10 years from now. 

I've had 3 I'm 53. What do you want to know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

Sounds kinda Tina Kay 'ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Seriously?  Come on, one side is bad enough. ..no way. .no way, man. Are you worried about something to look for? 

GI issues run in the family and I've got some early and mild symptoms they want to check out.

I was dreading being put out twice, once for each procedure, so it's cool that I can get anesthesia once and get both done back-to-back in the same session.  Not looking forward to them, but it's about as convenient as it can be, considering.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

I had the same, plus another endoscopy a few years down the road. If I could offer a  bit of advice, after you do the prep and are waiting for everything to come out if you feel like you have to fart go to the toilet. Everything just falls out like a ton of bricks. Thankfully I was told the same or I would have had to buy a new bed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

GI issues run in the family and I've got some early and mild symptoms they want to check out.

I was dreading being put out twice, once for each procedure, so it's cool that I can get anesthesia once and get both done back-to-back in the same session.  Not looking forward to them, but it's about as convenient as it can be, considering.

SAR I

The worst is the preparation, the procedure is literally like closing your eyes and opening them back up and it's over. Wish you the best.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, munchmemory said:

I had one this past November.  Not a big deal at all.  One small polyp which was benign (almost everyone has one which they remove). This coming from someone who had really been fearing the procedure.  

You will feel absolutely nothing as you will be out during the colonoscopy.  Nice side benefit is that the drugs they administer to knock you out make you feel really awesome when you wake up.  They also allow you to have really positive dreams when you're out.  Both my doctor and the nurses said this would happen and it sure as hell did.  

Prep also is not as bad as it once was.  I would strongly suggest investing in flushable wipes and hemorrhoid ointment to keep that most delicate of areas from getting too irritated and painful.  Worked wonders for me.

Good luck.  Enjoy the drug euphoria afterwards.  I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about.

Whats a positive dream? Did you ejaculate lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my 1st and only one 10 yrs. ago. Doc said I was a total Ahole. Gotta schedule another one this summer since the 10 yrs. is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 4:13 PM, Hackenberg said:

3? Jeez.. I'll tolerate one more time 10 years from now. 

If they told you that you're good for 10 yrs. that's super. Means you were clean with no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I thought there was a blood test for this nowdays? God just turned 50 im petrified

Nothing to it. They knock you out so you should feel nothing. It DOES save lives. If you do feel them probing around and you can see both the Drs. hands....well that's a BIG problem. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

If they told you that you're good for 10 yrs. that's super. Means you were clean with no problems.

Well , yes, I found that out yesterday  or the day before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...