ok,so, who's already had a Colonoscopy?

True story my ass Dr I call him (used him for a hemorrhoid) years ago is a big Jets fan season ticket holder so during this procedure a nurse or physician assistant not sure walks in while I'm  getting it done and I look up and its my around the block neighbor i've had conversations with a few times while she walked her dog....I wanted to die...........needless to say I'm 54 and no go on the colonoscopy!!!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

Well, what about rest of intestine?  They need to probe  the colon, but not the other stuff?

Anyway , the prep  drink did make me throw up the first night...right after ,I didn' feel.as bad but yeah , had my street n smith's  and other nfl preview issues In the bathroom  the rest of the night. 

I drank 12 bottles of water on Thursday 

I had one this past November.  Not a big deal at all.  One small polyp which was benign (almost everyone has one which they remove). This coming from someone who had really been fearing the procedure.  

You will feel absolutely nothing as you will be out during the colonoscopy.  Nice side benefit is that the drugs they administer to knock you out make you feel really awesome when you wake up.  They also allow you to have really positive dreams when you're out.  Both my doctor and the nurses said this would happen and it sure as hell did.  

Prep also is not as bad as it once was.  I would strongly suggest investing in flushable wipes and hemorrhoid ointment to keep that most delicate of areas from getting too irritated and painful.  Worked wonders for me.

Good luck.  Enjoy the drug euphoria afterwards.  I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about.

19 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Well, what about rest of intestine?  They need to probe  the colon, but not the other stuff?

Anyway , the prep  drink did make me throw up the first night...right after ,I didn' feel.as bad but yeah , had my street n smith's  and other nfl preview issues In the bathroom  the rest of the night. 

I drank 12 bottles of water on Thursday 

The prep work is worst than the actual procedure - the trick to that is to eat a soft diet (broth, jello, etc) a couple days before the procedure.  The prep drink is pretty bad- usually hide it with flavored drink (koolaid) to get it down.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

The prep work is worst than the actual procedure - the trick to that is to eat a soft diet (broth, jello, etc) a couple days before the procedure.  The prep drink is pretty bad- usually hide it with flavored drink (koolaid) to get it down.

I took this on recommendation from my wife and doctor.  Tasted like Tang from the old days.  You take it twice during the prep period supplemented with either plain water, clear broth, and/or clear soda like Sprite.  Was totally fine.

http://www.prepopik.com/about-prepopik/

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Just had my 2nd one 2 weeks ago. The prep is definitely the worst part. In fact, a colonoscopy is kind of like a microcosm of a jets season in 24 hours....you drink way too much, you lose your appetite, and somebody sticks something up your ass. I did get good news, came back totally clean.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, peebag said:

I was only on liquids, wed. N Thursday. Had 12 bottles  of water thursday. Whizzed  all night

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Prove it 

Good,you are learning.

The difference  is I'm not national media. I don't  gain or lose  anything by you believing  me or not. 

Youre right, I can't  prove it to you through this device and that's  my point. Unless you actually know something first hand/experientially, You are taking it all by faith. You base almost all your thoughts on belief and faith,assumptions. Not actual experiential understanding. 

But let's  keep that  out of my thread about my butt lol 

4 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Good,you are learning.

The difference  is I'm not national media. I don't  gain or lose  anything by you believing  me or not. 

Youre right, I can't  prove it to you through this device and that's  my point. Unless you actually know something first hand/experientially, You are taking it all by faith. You base almost all your thoughts on belief and faith,assumptions. Not actual experiential understanding. 

But let's  keep that  out of my thread about my butt lol 

You're an actor making this up for attention 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

Seriously?  Come on, one side is bad enough. ..no way. .no way, man. Are you worried about something to look for? 

14 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Seriously?  Come on, one side is bad enough. ..no way. .no way, man. Are you worried about something to look for? 

GI issues run in the family and I've got some early and mild symptoms they want to check out.

I was dreading being put out twice, once for each procedure, so it's cool that I can get anesthesia once and get both done back-to-back in the same session.  Not looking forward to them, but it's about as convenient as it can be, considering.

SAR I

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm getting my first a month from now.  And I found a doctor who does a colonoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time, so I'm going to be getting piped in my ass and my throat simultaneously.

SAR I

I had the same, plus another endoscopy a few years down the road. If I could offer a  bit of advice, after you do the prep and are waiting for everything to come out if you feel like you have to fart go to the toilet. Everything just falls out like a ton of bricks. Thankfully I was told the same or I would have had to buy a new bed. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

GI issues run in the family and I've got some early and mild symptoms they want to check out.

I was dreading being put out twice, once for each procedure, so it's cool that I can get anesthesia once and get both done back-to-back in the same session.  Not looking forward to them, but it's about as convenient as it can be, considering.

SAR I

The worst is the preparation, the procedure is literally like closing your eyes and opening them back up and it's over. Wish you the best.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, munchmemory said:

I had one this past November.  Not a big deal at all.  One small polyp which was benign (almost everyone has one which they remove). This coming from someone who had really been fearing the procedure.  

You will feel absolutely nothing as you will be out during the colonoscopy.  Nice side benefit is that the drugs they administer to knock you out make you feel really awesome when you wake up.  They also allow you to have really positive dreams when you're out.  Both my doctor and the nurses said this would happen and it sure as hell did.  

Prep also is not as bad as it once was.  I would strongly suggest investing in flushable wipes and hemorrhoid ointment to keep that most delicate of areas from getting too irritated and painful.  Worked wonders for me.

Good luck.  Enjoy the drug euphoria afterwards.  I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about.

Whats a positive dream? Did you ejaculate lol? 

55 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I thought there was a blood test for this nowdays? God just turned 50 im petrified

Nothing to it. They knock you out so you should feel nothing. It DOES save lives. If you do feel them probing around and you can see both the Drs. hands....well that's a BIG problem. lol