July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Excellent pick.  Just out of curiosity, without naming names, how far ahead of the rest of the pack of DE/edge rushers did you have White?  Or was it more of a 1a/1b/1c/etc situation?

For me, it’s LT, then White, then a pretty steep drop off, then guys like Chris Doleman, etc. You? 

Just now, T0mShane said:

For me, it’s LT, then White, then a pretty steep drop off, then guys like *********, etc. You? 

I have a few pass rushers I'm comfortable taking in round 1.  Just depends how things fall.  Definitely want an elite player at a premium position. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Then I think it makes LT even more of a slam dunk.  He'd still dominate on the field with today's rules.  He'd have been a monster in any generation.  Just my 2 cents.

LT is the greatest defensive player of all time.  That was a great pick.  If it's Judging players against their peers Jerry rice wouldn't be the #1 wr and Montana not #1 QB so you got a steal.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

LT is the greatest defensive player of all time.  That was a great pick.  If it's Judging players against their peers Jerry rice wouldn't be the #1 wr and Montana not #1 QB so you got a steal.

Edit: Postponing this discussion for later in the draft.

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Don't want to get into the QB thing. We all know your extreme (and vocal) love for brady*. But who's ahead of Rice? I have someone I would have taken over Rice at WR, but that's my own preference. I really don't think anyone trumps Rice at WR. 

I do agree that I would have taken LT at #1 overall if I was on the opposite end of the slotting.

Since Rice is the only WR off the board, we'll need to table this discussion for later. 

I like everyone’s picks so far. I would say more but I like to think there may be some strategy to this and don’t want to go popping off names still on the board. 

Trying to figure what this looks like in the later rounds and can’t figure yet. Should be interesting. 24 GMs is a lot of teams lol. 

As far as comparing vs their era don hutson is the greatest. None of us saw him play but he was 8 time first team all pro(in 11 seasons), led in recs 8 times, led in rec yds 7 times, led in rec TDs 9 times, 2 time league MVP.  The only reason I wouldn't take him with my first pick is that I don't think he'll get enough respect because of his era but no one dominated their era like hutson

Just now, nyjunc said:

As far as comparing vs their era don hutson is the greatest. None of us saw him play but he was 8 time first team all pro(in 11 seasons), led in recs 8 times, led in rec yds 7 times, led in rec TDs 9 times, 2 time league MVP.  The only reason I wouldn't take him with my first pick is that I don't think he'll get enough respect because of his era but no one dominated their era like hutson

Shhhh, that’ll be for the voters to decide lol. But I agree besides a few big names pre 70’s might be a hard sell to some voters when we get to that part.

all you guys picking this early and complaining makes me laugh .. sounds like the patriots bemoaning the fact that Gronk stubbed his toe when the rest of the league is looking up at them from the basement. ?

Who gets to vote?  Just the guys in the game?  The whole board?  Know-it-alls that aren't playing like @nyjunc and @slats?  I have to take back my insult because apparently @nyjunc is a know-it-all that is playing!  And he has a better draft slot than me! 

I don't really care who my audience is because my team will primarily be designed to bring maximum pain, but some might care.  

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

all you guys picking this early and complaining makes me laugh .. sounds like the patriots bemoaning the fact that Gronk stubbed his toe when the rest of the league is looking up at them from the basement. ?

Yeah but there’s so many good players. Will be interesting to see how this looks in the end. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who gets to vote?  Just the guys in the game?  The whole board?  Know-it-alls that aren't playing like @nyjunc and @slats?

I don't really care who my audience is because my team will primarily be designed to bring maximum pain, but some might care.  

@nyjunc is on the clock now so you don’t have to worry about that looool.

i believe the rest of the board votes.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I can kind of understand it.  The only guy I'd really have liked to have gotten out of the first 8 picks thus far is Lawrence Taylor. 

The other 7 guys are awesome, but having to wait a ridiculously long time for your 2nd pick is a tough pill to swallow.  Especially since there are tons of RB's, WRs, and quite a few QB's and LT's I'm fine with later on.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Probably ran a 6 sec 40 :grin:

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who gets to vote?  Just the guys in the game?  The whole board?  Know-it-alls that aren't playing like @nyjunc and @slats?  I have to take back my insult because apparently @nyjunc is a know-it-all that is playing!  And he has a better draft slot than me! 

Only thing I know for sure is you can't vote for your own team. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can kind of understand it.  The only guy I'd really have liked to have gotten out of the first 8 picks thus far is Lawrence Taylor. 

The other 7 guys are awesome, but having to wait a ridiculously long time for your 2nd pick is a tough pill to swallow.  Especially since there are tons of RB's, WRs, and quite a few QB's and LT's I'm fine with later on.

that's the beauty of this draft. You can take a guy you absolutely love but you may compromise your next need with a lower quality player BUT it still avails you a pretty solid team in the long run.

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

#27TheDominator selects with his 1st pick...………...Marquis de Sade

It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure.

I really didnt want to be the one to take Brady, mostly cause I think when matchups go to the whole board (everyone on JN should have the chance to vote) there’s going to some hatin’ going on. Oh well. I’ll fill out the roster with jet fan favorites

Like the rules regarding missed picks.

Liked the Sanders pick. He was on my list.

I think round 2 has to be the opposite side of the ball to what you picked round 1. Keeps things uniform going into rnd3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived