July Madness: All Time Draft Thread (Picks Only in this Thread)

Lith

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Leprechaun took the 2 guys I normally pick in this kind of thing.  I have decided to select with my heart and not based on any perceived rules or scoring system.  I will select the man that verbalized my team philosophy: No good tackle was ever made below the eyebrow.  CB, extra WR, P/K blocker, #81. Night.  Train.  Lane.

Hey!  #1 overall, get ready for a Night Train Necktie.

Favre and Rodgers picks were tough.  I think it's hard to compare the older QBs to the modern ones.  And as much as I love some of the guys from the 70s and 80s, I think there's three more guys on my board who are similar in ability and probably all won't be there next time my pick comes around.  I want to be able to use the whole field and take full advantage of all of my pass catchers and I'm willing to sacrifice a little mobility to get the best passer in the bunch, really the most prolific passer in NFL history, and the guy who has or will have multiple all-time records when he retires.  So with my 2nd round pick, I select mortal-lock future HOFer Drew Brees.

15-drew-brees_pg_600.jpg

Archived