July Madness: All Time Draft Thread (Picks Only in this Thread)

Lith

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get my defensive pick in now:  Doug Atkins.  Huge (6'8") DE for the Bears in the 60s.  Utter engine of destruction and will go very well next to my DTs.

"No question he was the strongest man in the world," safety Richie Petitbon said. "When he wanted to play, nobody could block him. In that year (1963), I think he knocked out eight quarterbacks. I mean they left the field, babe."

Fullback Rick Casares once said: "We used to hope that somebody would hold him. The next play you would see guys flying around like King Kong had gotten ahold of them. Awesome. I've seen him grab a tackle by the shoulder pads and just flip him over like a doll, then come in on a back that weighed 225 pounds without breaking stride and hit him in the chest, knock him over on his back, reach over, grab the quarterback by the shoulder pads and throw him down with one arm."
Quarterback sacks were not an official statistic until 1982, the year Atkins and Olsen were inducted into the Hall together, two years after the Rams' Deacon Jones was honored. Jones gets credit for inventing the term sack. Atkins estimated he had 25 in his best year, when teams passed fewer than 20 times per game in 12- and 14-game seasons.

OB-_atkins__13341451508191.jpg?uuid=9AzX

No problem.  You have Easley.  Atwater is still available.

[mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention]  is on the clock.  He sent me his picks - I need a few minutes to sort through who is available and we will be on to [mention=6738]#27TheDominator[/mention]

Can’t post pics at the moment but Im confident it’s RT Rayfield Wright + CB Ty Law

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived