### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jeez, call home Mike Westhoff.

I don't like sounding off when I haven't seen anything, but the just bothers me so much.  ST is simply effort and coaching.  I don't pretend to be a fan of Bowles, and there are plenty of reasons why, but the main one for me is he can't seem to identify good assistants.

Unfortunately Westoffs last few years were hardly good here

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, Bowles was in the war room pleading for oline, pleading, and said I don’t want Adams, I don’t want lee, I don’t want Williams, and Mac said f u, you don’t need any offense, what you need is defense. Seems plausible......

i have zero doubt bowles is just as you say.  A weak gm caters to a lousy  coach, a good gm makes the smart picks.

We have a terrible coach and a gm that has done a poor job as well, we;ll see if darnold can save his butt

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

i have zero doubt bowles is just as you say.  A weak gm caters to a lousy  coach, a good gm makes the smart picks.

We have a terrible coach and a gm that has done a poor job as well, we;ll see if darnold can save his butt

I have no doubt that are completely wrong and have not a clue how the picks are made.  

But this comment allows you to blame both for the same picks. 

This team needs to learn lessons of their own past or look at the recent examples of the Cowboys, Eagles and Rams....and Colts.

Your team needs to be centered on the QB,  and all resources, to include the Head Coach and Coaching staff, MUST be based on the development and protection of the QB. 

Jeff Fisher had double the success and gravitas of Bowles and was unceremoniously $hitcanned for McVeigh. 

This team MUST get an offense minded staff in place and build around Sam. Or its the same sh*t as usual.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This team needs to learn lessons of their own past or look at the recent examples of the Cowboys, Eagles and Rams....and Colts.

Your team needs to be centered on the QB,  and all resources, to include the Head Coach and Coaching staff, MUST be based on the development and protection of the QB. 

Jeff Fischer had double the success and gravitas of Bowles and was unceremoniously $hitcanned for McVeigh. 

This team MUST get an offense minded staff in place and build around Sam. Or its the same sh*t as usual.

Jeff Fisher? Lol

4 minutes ago, omar38 said:

Todd should be ashamed of himself for putting Teddy out there with the scrubs he deserves better. He needs to let Teddy in with the starters at least for the sake of getting a higher draft pick for him.

Teddy is not playing, you're not getting it.  

7 hours ago, MaxAF said:

This game should answer the question that everyone is asking, “To start or not to start, that is the question”

You guys are relentless. Darnold is NOT starting the season. The circus ? is in town and McClown ? will start and be the starter well into the year. Bowles is the ringmaster and he declares that ‘McClown ? gives us the best chance to lose’. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jeff Fisher? Lol

Yes

Coached for about 2 decades. Brought a team to a SB. Had some fierce Defenses and Division championships.  And the game passed him by. 

Are you new to American Football?

Edit: thats all you took from that? LOL. You deserve to root for a team coached by Bubba Bowles.

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes

Coached for about 2 decades. Brought a team to a SB. Had some fierce Defenses and Division championships.  And the game passed him by. 

Are you new to American Football?

Two of the three years with Friz and McCown nothing was Jeff Fisher like.  You have no idea how bad Fisher was

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Only Forrest Gump could save Bowles.

22F0C0C0-98B1-4A0C-A549-916789443B21.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

How many more years do you allow Todd Bowles to coach a team when a 3rd preseason game, after 4 years, you have over 10 penalties? 

When it means little to nothing? Think they've only had one season of high penalties. 

Archived