Your 2018-2019 Knicks thread

Philc1

On 4/9/2019 at 9:23 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

The delta for each pick from last year's worst record to this year's worst record is absurd:

#1: 11% drop
#2: 8.1% drop
#3: 5.1% drop
#4: 23.7% drop
#5: 47.9% increase

For those that don't follow, this means that the Knicks chances of getting the 5th pick went up almost 50%, while their chance of getting the 1st pick went down 11%,. These odds put the expected pick at 3.664 this year, which means bye bye to Zion and Ja. Last year, expected pick would have been 2.642. That's a full expected pick drop for the worst record in the league due to the change in methodology from last year to this year. That's ******* stupid.

Knicks are not getting the 1 pick and I think it’s almost guaranteed they don’t even get a top 3 pick

Get ready for Iman Sumpert 2 Romeo Langford boys!

• 2 months later...

I hate to say anything positive in the wake of this Durant nonsense, (good lord Dolan, really?), but the Randle contract is the exact type of player and contract structure that the Knicks NEVER do. With a team option on top of it? Great signing and deal. Perfect type of player you want around the young guys, Barrett and Knox especially.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, Philc1 said:

Knicks are not getting the 1 pick and I think it’s almost guaranteed they don’t even get a top 3 pick

Get ready for Iman Sumpert 2 Romeo Langford boys!

Its actually incredible the Knicks actually figured out how to finally be the worst team in the in unison with the lottery rule changes. The roster is scary bad and Randle is just another black hole who adds nothing.

• Thumb Down 2

The Knicks just spent $71 million on Taj Gibson, Reggie Bullock, and Bobby Portis. I don’t mind the Gibson signing, but as for the rest, if they’re going to tank the next few years they should be using this cap space to take on bad contracts from other teams in exchange for assets, ala Philly. What a waste. 

• Upvote 1

Just checking in on the Knicks here.  Can someone translate this for me?  Basically the Knicks missed out in the draft, then failed to sign anyone of consequence and then signed a bunch of guys I’ve never heard of and will probably be in contention for #1 overall again?  Is there someone good to hope they get next year?  Any reason to think about the team again?

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:18 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Im not even upset they didn’t sign anyone today. What pisses me off is trading Porzingis for 10 cents on the dollar. There is no way anyone can sell that move now.

DSJ, (2) 1sts, and unloading 2 bad contracts? Thats not 10 cents on the dollar... its more like 75-80% value... Especially since he was coming off injury and said he wasn't going to resign after this year....

Look, I hate Dolan and the Knicks FO as much as the rest of you but the hate for selling off an injured superstar that was going to end up to be a 1 year rental is exactly what you need to do. Now I agree they didn't get full value because they sold him too soon... but its better then the Knicks sucking this year and having to trade a disgruntled superstar at the trade deadline this year. There is a chance that his value goes down or even worse he reinjures himself and the Knicks get nothing. It also could go up... they sold at a safe time.

Nobody is taking into account that they could have ended up getting nothing for KP... 

• Upvote 2

On 6/30/2019 at 8:31 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I hate to say anything positive in the wake of this Durant nonsense, (good lord Dolan, really?), but the Randle contract is the exact type of player and contract structure that the Knicks NEVER do. With a team option on top of it? Great signing and deal. Perfect type of player you want around the young guys, Barrett and Knox especially.

It’s really only a two year deal for a 24 year old PF who averaged 24 and 8 last year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

DSJ, (2) 1sts, and unloading 2 bad contracts? Thats not 10 cents on the dollar... its more like 75-80% value... Especially since he was coming off injury and said he wasn't going to resign after this year....

Look, I hate Dolan and the Knicks FO as much as the rest of you but the hate for selling off an injured superstar that was going to end up to be a 1 year rental is exactly what you need to do. Now I agree they didn't get full value because they sold him too soon... but its better then the Knicks sucking this year and having to trade a disgruntled superstar at the trade deadline this year. There is a chance that his value goes down or even worse he reinjures himself and the Knicks get nothing. It also could go up... they sold at a safe time.

Nobody is taking into account that they could have ended up getting nothing for KP... 

KP was and is a douche.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Who is this superstar of which you speak? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

He has to be better especially if he’s going to be the face of the franchise. Knox Trier and Robinson I thought all looked pretty good though. 

Knox actually looked really good aside from the ball strip from Zion

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:29 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

He has to be better especially if he’s going to be the face of the franchise. Knox Trier and Robinson I thought all looked pretty good though. 

RJ had a better game in the third game 17 and 10 on 6-14 shooting.  Both he and Knox are better shooting mid range jumpers than 3’s

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...