Jamal Adams- "Losing culture still here" PFT article

Barkus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is saying he isn't the best player on the team.  We're saying its really sad that Jamal Adams is the best player on the team.  Because we're 3-7.  And Jamal fans keep saying "It's not Jamal's fault!"  As if that helps your cause. 

Actually there are people like beerfish that don't think he is even good... Which is dumb in itself... Declaring that the best player on the team is a lousy pick just because of where he was drafted is also dumb. In the end adams is on the team and he is the best player... Move on... Who cares where he was drafted anymore unless you want to talk about how bad Mac has been which is not part of this discussion ... Other then that there is no reason to bring it up..... 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Actually there are people like beerfish that don't think he is even good... Which is dumb in itself... Declaring that the best player on the team is a lousy pick just because of where he was drafted is also dumb. In the end adams is on the team and he is the best player... Move on... Who cares where he was drafted anymore unless you want to talk about how bad Mac has been which is not part of this discussion ... Other then that there is no reason to bring it up..... 

“That’s correct, honey. I spent our life savings on a donkey. Could I have gotten a donkey for cheaper? Sure. But the point is now we have a donkey. Look at all the things it can do. It eats the grass so I don’t have to mow it, and you can take it shopping with you and stow your groceries on it in saddlebags. You can’t put a price tag on that. I mean, you can—it was our life savings—but it’s not like Little Gabe is going to need braces soon. Oh. Gabe needs braces? Ah well. The point is we needed a donkey and now we have one.”

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“That’s correct, honey. I spent our life savings on a donkey. Could I have gotten a donkey for cheaper? Sure. But the point is now we have a donkey. Look at all the things it can do. It eats the grass so I don’t have to mow it, and you can take it shopping with you and stow your groceries on it in saddlebags. You can’t put a price tag on that. I mean, you can—it was our life savings—but it’s not like Little Gabe is going to need braces soon. Oh. Gabe needs braces? Ah well. The point is we needed a donkey and now we have one.”

Checking for a friend - do you play the donkey in this CBS afters school special ?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If they spent  20 Mil a year on a Safety I agree... you are talking about a draft pick... The bigger and Biggest problem is not Adams or where he was picked its all the lousy junk that was chosen in the drafts before him and the draft picks after him

If they spent  20 Mil a year on a Safety I agree... you are talking about a draft pick... The bigger and Biggest problem is not Adams or where he was picked its all the lousy junk that was chosen in the drafts before him and the draft picks after him

1st round picks, especially # 6 overall, are worth more than $20 million.

That’s the part you’re not processing properly. It’s not always who you pick. It’s who you COULD have picked.

14 hours ago, Skeptable said:

He is good at one thing, stopping the run.  They line him up specifically to stop the run.  He does not create turnovers, he does not cover well.  The defense that he is the president of just got hammered to the tune of 41 points by matt barkely.  He is not an impact player.  He has good energy, he tries hard, he talks a lot but he is FAR from a complete player.  Impact players are guys like mack who is wrecking the minny oline tonight.

Passing league run stuffing safety.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tom I know you are just getting back, so we are going to cut you some slack. But bringing up Gabe's teeth problem was a low blow.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s the part you’re not processing properly. It’s not always who you pick. It’s who you COULD have picked.

Yeah, and we took Adams, who has worked out pretty damn well for this team. Way better then Leo, who was also a #6 has at his "premium position." You guys just don't get it. Jamal is not the reason we suck. Yet you love to second guess with who we could've picked instead of him. It's so easy to do that as a fan, but the funny thing is he was projected as high as the 2nd pick in his draft, and was considered a steal at #6. But you know what, you guys who hate on him can keep doing it for the next 10 years or so. He'll be playing high quality football while you blame him being picked as the reason why this team sucks. BTW you also better pray Darnold turns out to be a better pick then he looks so far, because like Jamal and Leo he also was taken in a year we had the #6 pick. With Sam though we traded up the 3 spots which cost us 3 second round picks. You guys should spend less time worrying about Jamal, and more time criticizing Leo if you're worried about a bad pick, or better yet PRAYING the Sam pick works out.

Yeah, and we took Adams, who has worked out pretty damn well for this team. Way better then Leo, who was also a #6 has at his "premium position." You guys just don't get it. Jamal is not the reason we suck. Yet you love to second guess with who we could've picked instead of him. It's so easy to do that as a fan, but the funny thing is he was projected as high as the 2nd pick in his draft, and was considered a steal at #6. But you know what, you guys who hate on him can keep doing it for the next 10 years or so. He'll be playing high quality football while you blame him being picked as the reason why this team sucks. BTW you also better pray Darnold turns out to be a better pick then he looks so far, because like Jamal and Leo he also was taken in a year we had the #6 pick. With Sam though we traded up the 3 spots which cost us 3 second round picks. You guys should spend less time worrying about Jamal, and more time criticizing Leo if you're worried about a bad pick, or better yet PRAYING the Sam pick works out.

Sure yeah let’s just compare one Macc pick at 6 to another Macc pick at 6.

Jamal is EXACTLY the kind of reason why we suck. Not because Jamal isn’t good, but because our GM sucks at picking players that actually move the needle in the NFL in 2018. Hence why we’re 3-7 in Year 4 of his tenure, coming off back to back 5-11 campaigns.

But yeah I guess it’s all Bowles fault and stuff. He should make Jamal Adams a pass rusher shut down corner sack machine.

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure yeah let’s just compare one Macc pick at 6 to another Macc pick at 6.

Jamal is EXACTLY the kind of reason why we suck. Not because Jamal isn’t good, but because our GM sucks at picking players that actually move the needle in the NFL in 2018. Hence why we’re 3-7 in Year 4 of his tenure, coming off back to back 5-11 campaigns.

But yeah I guess it’s all Bowles fault and stuff. He should make Jamal Adams a pass rusher shut down corner sack machine.

Look, I came in here to defend Adams, not Macc. I don't think he should be here next year either. I do think he has provided TB with enough talent on defense though that a defensive minded HC should have it performing better then it has. It can't be all 11 players are bad, at some point you have to look at the coach and his use of those players. As for comparing the picks, I'll stand by what I said, since again, this thread is about Adams. He's a better player then Leo, who nobody criticizes half as much. Finally, you never addressed my point about why so many who knock Macc's draft picks are so sure he got it right with Sam.  Not singling you out, just curious what you think.

Look, I came in here to defend Adams, not Macc. I don't think he should be here next year either. I do think he has provided TB with enough talent on defense though that a defensive minded HC should have it performing better then it has. It can't be all 11 players are bad, at some point you have to look at the coach and his use of those players. As for comparing the picks, I'll stand by what I said, since again, this thread is about Adams. He's a better player then Leo, who nobody criticizes half as much. Finally, you never addressed my point about why so many who knock Macc's draft picks are so sure he got it right with Sam.  Not singling you out, just curious what you think.

I’m on the Sam train for sure. I chalk it up to a “blind squirrel” situation. Had Macc sat at 6 he undoubtedly would have screwed up the pick. Probably in the form of Josh Allen.

23 hours ago, Skeptable said:

What is important about a contract? Isn't it guaranteed money?  I am pretty sure that the sum total of NFL safeties with more guaranteed money in their contract than Jamaal Adams consists of Eric Berry.  

DJ Swearinger Jr, who is rated higher in the PFF stat Adams fans love to throw around could have been had a free agent in 2017.  He makes less per year than Adams.  They could have drafted Watson or Mahomes, upgraded the S position and saved money.  #culturechanger

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who!!! I am processing... you are choosing to argue... You think you are bigger then the GM... I got it .... 

Sure Mahomes and Watson are the typical answers but move past that... They have Darnold... So what are you thinking thats WORTHY of YOUR 6th pick... Reddick? Ha.. Lattimore... Gets burned every other play.... Ross or Williams... ? Failed WRs.... Barnett or Allen sure maybe... but if they were sure fire rushers they would have been drafted in the top 10... 

You continue to argue hypothetical ... I am being real... They have Adams... He is the best player on the team... They have Darnold... He is the next chance at a Franchise QB... 

The point is there are tons of failures drafted in the 1st round... they draft one that is top at his position and the fans argue over whether it was a waste on a position that isn't valuable... Look at the Ereck Flowers of the world... wake up... Hind sight is easy to be right... 

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Who!!! I am processing... you are choosing to argue... You think you are bigger then the GM... I got it .... 

Sure Mahomes and Watson are the typical answers but move past that... They have Darnold... So what are you thinking thats WORTHY of YOUR 6th pick... Reddick? Ha.. Lattimore... Gets burned every other play.... Ross or Williams... ? Failed WRs.... Barnett or Allen sure maybe... but if they were sure fire rushers they would have been drafted in the top 10... 

You continue to argue hypothetical ... I am being real... They have Adams... He is the best player on the team... They have Darnold... He is the next chance at a Franchise QB...  

There's nothing hypothetical about a GM being dumb for taking back to back safeties that can't create turnovers, when the league is more pass-happy than ever and the offense sucks.  We have Darnold NOW, but the previous 3 drafts we did NOTHING to support our future franchise QB.  We also d*cked around with Christian Hackenberg for 2 years.  None of those are hypotheticals.  Those are real, actual stupid decisions our GM made that screwed us.

No, I am not "bigger than the GM".  But we're allowed to be critical of him.  He has one of the 32 most important jobs in the NFL, and he sucks at it.  You're splitting hairs so you can feel good about Jamal Adams being the best player on a team that has won 13 games total the last 2+ years.  I'm happy with Darnold, but infuriated at the inability to build a competitive offense in the last 4 drafts. 

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is good at one thing, stopping the run.  They line him up specifically to stop the run.  He does not create turnovers, he does not cover well.  The defense that he is the president of just got hammered to the tune of 41 points by matt barkely.  He is not an impact player.  He has good energy, he tries hard, he talks a lot but he is FAR from a complete player.  Impact players are guys like mack who is wrecking the minny oline tonight.

Passing league run stuffing safety.

Your argument is refuted by people that actually study the game... The failure of the Jets getting torn up is on Johnson and Lee... They consistantly out of position making it look like the safety is the problem when if they actually had better LB and CB Jamal would look like an all -Pro.... That is what is wrong with your argument that you spew over and over and over again... 

Do I think Adams is perfect... Hell no... He is getting burnt and he gets frozen sometimes... but there are far more plays that you think are results of other players that he is actually the one creating the turnover but doesn't get credit on the stat sheet because it wasn't him that actually caught the ball... There are 11 players out there on the defensive side and if 1 player is out of position it can make the whole defense look bad... Adams is the least of the problems on this team.

Just now, Skeptable said:

There are 11 players out there on the defensive side and if 1 player is out of position it can make the whole defense look bad... Adams is the least of the problems on this team. 

Hence why a pass rusher is wayyyyyy more important than a Safety.  A great pass rusher can make the whole defense look great.  All of a sudden they're getting turnovers and making big stops. 

A safety is only as good as the rest of the defense around him.  Hence why you keep trying to deflect blame from him.  But that's exactly why you do NOT build a defense around Jamal Adams.  I wish for his sake he'd been taken by a different team that could actually use him properly.

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is important about a contract? Isn't it guaranteed money?  I am pretty sure that the sum total of NFL safeties with more guaranteed money in their contract than Jamaal Adams consists of Eric Berry.  

DJ Swearinger Jr, who is rated higher in the PFF stat Adams fans love to throw around could have been had a free agent in 2017.  He makes less per year than Adams.  They could have drafted Watson or Mahomes, upgraded the S position and saved money.  #culturechanger

HAHA... same tired argument over drafting the 2 QBs in the draft... name Any other player in that first round that is WORTH a 6th pick... What... 2 maybe 3 names... They have Darnold... they have Adams... the point is to move on... you can argue that Mac has drafted like crap... I agree... He has... but to say that the best player on the team is a wasted pick no matter where you draft him is uninformed and an idiotic argument.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why a pass rusher is wayyyyyy more important than a Safety.  A great pass rusher can make the whole defense look great.  All of a sudden they're getting turnovers and making big stops. 

A safety is only as good as the rest of the defense around him.  Hence why you keep trying to deflect blame from him.  But that's exactly why you do NOT build a defense around Jamal Adams.  I wish for his sake he'd been taken by a different team that could actually use him properly.

The Point (Which you are not getting) is that they are on the team... move on... 6th round picks turn into Hall of Famers... more then half of 1st round picks are tragic busts.... He is the only player worth ANYTHING right now and yet you sit and vilify him because he was drafted too high... The argument is misplaced...

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's nothing hypothetical about a GM being dumb for taking back to back safeties that can't create turnovers, when the league is more pass-happy than ever and the offense sucks.  We have Darnold NOW, but the previous 3 drafts we did NOTHING to support our future franchise QB.  We also d*cked around with Christian Hackenberg for 2 years.  None of those are hypotheticals.  Those are real, actual stupid decisions our GM made that screwed us.

No, I am not "bigger than the GM".  But we're allowed to be critical of him.  He has one of the 32 most important jobs in the NFL, and he sucks at it.  You're splitting hairs so you can feel good about Jamal Adams being the best player on a team that has won 13 games total the last 2+ years.  I'm happy with Darnold, but infuriated at the inability to build a competitive offense in the last 4 drafts. 

You are not getting the point... You can argue that the GM is stupid and makes terrible picks... I AGREE!!!!... That is not the point of this thread!!! WTF... Not every thread has to turn into Mac or Bowles sucks... Save that for the other threads. This is about Jamal Adams... Not where he was picked... 

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The Point (Which you are not getting) is that they are on the team... move on... 6th round picks turn into Hall of Famers... more then half of 1st round picks are tragic busts.... He is the only player worth ANYTHING right now and yet you sit and vilify him because he was drafted too high... The argument is misplaced... 

Sure, but people keep starting threads about him opening his mouth, so here we are.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but people keep starting threads about him opening his mouth, so here we are.

Here we are, you derailing another thread to push the anti-Mac agenda... great job... Adams is still the best player on the team Right Now and Darnold is the QB right now... 

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

HAHA... same tired argument over drafting the 2 QBs in the draft... name Any other player in that first round that is WORTH a 6th pick... What... 2 maybe 3 names... They have Darnold... they have Adams... the point is to move on... you can argue that Mac has drafted like crap... I agree... He has... but to say that the best player on the team is a wasted pick no matter where you draft him is uninformed and an idiotic argument.

A wasted pick?  Maybe not, doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake.  It's less of a tired argument than trying to pretend he made more sense than a QB

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A wasted pick?  Maybe not, doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake.  It's less of a tired argument than trying to pretend he made more sense than a QB

I am tired over arguing your hypothetical situations... The Jets have Darnold and Adams... move on... save the kill Mac threads for those threads.... and stop putting the place he was drafted as why he is not good for the team... He had no choice in that.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

I am tired over arguing your hypothetical situations... The Jets have Darnold and Adams... move on... save the kill Mac threads for those threads.... and stop putting the place he was drafted as why he is not good for the team... He had no choice in that.

Fine, but I wasn't arguing a hypothetical situation.  You said this:

On 11/18/2018 at 11:45 AM, Skeptable said:

You are defending the pick.  The issue is that the draft pick actually costs a decent amount of money too.  His salary is actually quite high for a safety - which is what I was referencing.  There are roughly three times as many CBs making more than Lattimore, than safeties making more than Adams.  That is my point.  You act like it's just a pick, but it is a pick and money.  I agree, Adams, like Williams is a nice player and he is not the problem with the team.  The problem is, I am not sure either will be worth a 2nd deal.  IMO, Adams is making close to his value now. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are defending the pick.  The issue is that the draft pick actually costs a decent amount of money too.  His salary is actually quite high for a safety - which is what I was referencing.  There are roughly three times as many CBs making more than Lattimore, than safeties making more than Adams.  That is my point.  You act like it's just a pick, but it is a pick and money.  I agree, Adams, like Williams is a nice player and he is not the problem with the team.  The problem is, I am not sure either will be worth a 2nd deal.  IMO, Adams is making close to his value now. 

This is a VERY inefficient use of rookie slotted salaries. 

Hate the pick, not the player. He is here, we have him and he is doing pretty well. LEAST of our issues honestly.

Mac is our BIGGEST issue by far and we are in danger of ruining our near future by keeping him. 

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am defending the player... The pick is another discussion about Mac... He is on the team... Move on... Blame Mac in the 30+ other threads...

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Your argument is refuted by people that actually study the game... The failure of the Jets getting torn up is on Johnson and Lee... They consistantly out of position making it look like the safety is the problem when if they actually had better LB and CB Jamal would look like an all -Pro.... That is what is wrong with your argument that you spew over and over and over again... 

Do I think Adams is perfect... Hell no... He is getting burnt and he gets frozen sometimes... but there are far more plays that you think are results of other players that he is actually the one creating the turnover but doesn't get credit on the stat sheet because it wasn't him that actually caught the ball... There are 11 players out there on the defensive side and if 1 player is out of position it can make the whole defense look bad... Adams is the least of the problems on this team.

Whoa.  Talk about misplaced anger. 

PFF (the Jamal Adams fan club) has Darron Lee ranked 14 overall at LB. Lucky us!  He was actually the best coverage linebacker in football through Week 2

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I am defending the player... The pick is another discussion about Mac... He is on the team... Move on... Blame Mac in the 30+ other threads...

Fair enough.  Don't act like the pick isn't costing us money or that it is all Darron Lee's fault and I will leave Adams alone.  He is a nice player with a big mouth. 

50 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fair enough.  Don't act like the pick isn't costing us money or that it is all Darron Lee's fault and I will leave Adams alone.  He is a nice player with a big mouth. 

I never said it was all Lee's fault... I am saying that Lee is out of position a lot... I am saying that Williams is not a coverage LB yet somehow he gets caught in coverage over and over... I am saying the Johnson is lazy and got paid and now he doesn't give a crap... I am saying that there are TONS of issues on this team but the player that is all over the field making plays and giving 110% is getting criticized for being drafted too early and not being impactful enough... So ridiculous.... He is on the team... if you want to talk wasted money talk about Johnson or other players in other threads... Geez this is not hard folks...

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

I never said it was all Lee's fault... I am saying that Lee is out of position a lot... I am saying that Williams is not a coverage LB yet somehow he gets caught in coverage over and over... I am saying the Johnson is lazy and got paid and now he doesn't give a crap... I am saying that there are TONS of issues on this team but the player that is all over the field making plays and giving 110% is getting criticized for being drafted too early and not being impactful enough... So ridiculous.... He is on the team... if you want to talk wasted money talk about Johnson or other players in other threads... Geez this is not hard folks...

Got it.  He's on the team.  Therefore we should not talk about him.  Bowles is the coach.  Am I allowed to talk about him?  Funny thing you say he gives 110%.  I find 110%, like rah-rah coaches, halftime speeches and "culture", annoying.  

adams is good at best he should shut up and play better-learn to make other teams fear him like Revis did at corner for the jets

our gm is so terrible-decided try and build a team from the back in-simply a terrible strategy

Archived