Jamal Adams- "Losing culture still here" PFT article

Barkus

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe I wrote at the time that Derwin James was the player Jets fans pretend Jamal Adams is.

Excuse me. The Chargers have two, not one, two stellar pass rushers. If you don't think that makes a difference in any safeties ability to create turnovers. then i don't know what to say

2 minutes ago, genot said:

This defense can't get off the field on third down. nobody is ever in the QB's face. It's like a scrimmage with pads on. Same story, new year.

It’s almost as if you’re saying that drafting pass rushers is more important than drafting safeties, who are dependent on pass rushers. Is that what you’re saying?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s almost as if you’re saying that drafting pass rushers is more important than drafting safeties, who are dependent on pass rushers. Is that what you’re saying?

I anticipated a" why didn't mac then" question.LOl.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No he is a box safety, or at least that is the the place he makes all his plays.  He does not create turnovers, he is improved in coverage but still not good and the coaching staff has him positioned to be  run stopper or a blitzer most of the time which is just great for the other team.

He only plays in the box around 35% of the time... Jesus.... Why argue that the best player on the team is actually the worst... its just dumb.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I came back almost exclusively to post this info graphic showing three safeties drafted after Jamal Adams being significantly better than Jamal Adams. 

354C9AA6-6ED4-488B-8632-7442A1F93CBE.jpeg

Just when most of board was all in on Adams, you show up. Perfect timing!

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He only plays in the box around 35% of the time... Jesus.... Why argue that the best player on the team is actually the worst... its just dumb.

No one is saying he isn't the best player on the team.  We're saying its really sad that Jamal Adams is the best player on the team.  Because we're 3-7.  And Jamal fans keep saying "It's not Jamal's fault!"  As if that helps your cause. 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, JiF said:

I mean, not for nothing but the Jets drafted a box safety over a guaranteed culture changer in Deshaun Watson (Mahomes didnt have that type pedigree at the time) largely do to his leadership ability stating that he was supposed to be the perfect type of player to change the culture.

Ironically, I'm a Sales Director and I tell my team this all the time, it cant be just me.  I cant be the only leader, some of you have to step up and lead too.  And that's not just talk, it's setting the example.  And if your teammates arent carrying the weight, I cant be the only one telling them to pick it up and holding them accountable.

I'm not sure how running to the media accomplishes that but you just have to hope Jamal is having these conversations in house because otherwise, you're just doing more damage than good. 

so we should draft more defense?

3 hours ago, genot said:

This defense can't get off the field on third down. nobody is ever in the QB's face. It's like a scrimmage with pads on. Same story, new year.

He is sent to blitz on 3rd down or has his chin strap on the line of scrimmage, the other team just passes short crossers or to backs or tes because we only ever use on of our safeties in coverage.  It's also why we get abused deep all the time, one safety that cannot help on two sides of the field.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is saying he isn't the best player on the team.  We're saying its really sad that Jamal Adams is the best player on the team.  Because we're 3-7.  And Jamal fans keep saying "It's not Jamal's fault!"  As if that helps your cause. 

Oh yea! I’m saying it! He’s the best cheerleader on the team and that’s not even close.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I came back almost exclusively to post this info graphic showing three safeties drafted after Jamal Adams being significantly better than Jamal Adams. 

354C9AA6-6ED4-488B-8632-7442A1F93CBE.jpeg

Adams is currently sporting an 80.6 #9. Marcus Maye is an 81.7 #8.

so with that I started scratching my head....

Claiborne 72.1

Roberts who been mostly the starter is a 74.9

Jets are 15th in pass defense....

which seems weird. 

I was seriously surprised by these pretty high grades

On 11/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, Patriot Killa said:

He isn’t doing Bowles any favors either. We play the Patriots twice, Green Bay, Titans, Houston and then our last Buffalo game(IN Buffalo) 

he’s not going to win another game all year. I don’t understand the point in keeping him.

Gimme. a B a O a S a A 

whata ya got

BOSA

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Adams isn't 7th.  So, is Maye arguably the best player on the Jets?  Why don't I hear him chirping all damn day?

I’ve been watching the games wondering what the point of Marcus Maye was. Surprised with his high PFF grade. My personal stance on PFF it’s far from perfect but a decent benchmark. Maybe I’m wrong on Maye. Also wasn’t loving Roberts either until I saw this. Trumaine Johnson is a 64.3 which isn’t nearly as awful as one would assume watching the games. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’ve been watching the games wondering what the point of Marcus Maye was. Surprised with his high PFF grade. My personal stance on PFF it’s far from perfect but a decent benchmark. Maybe I’m wrong on Maye. Also wasn’t loving Roberts either until I saw this. Trumaine Johnson is a 64.3 which isn’t nearly as awful as one would assume watching the games. 

If you aren't watching all 22 of most games multiple times to break down film, it's bear impossible for casual fans to comparatively rate certain positions. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Btw you guys can check the record but guess who use to talk up Swearinger. That’s right more proof, HessStation GM 2019.

lets make it happen

I wouldn't let you GM my fry station you glue sniffing jack ass

40 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Adams is currently sporting an 80.6 #9. Marcus Maye is an 81.7 #8.

so with that I started scratching my head....

Claiborne 72.1

Roberts who been mostly the starter is a 74.9

Jets are 15th in pass defense....

which seems weird. 

I was seriously surprised by these pretty high grades

It’s warped I think because opposing teams only play their full playbook for a half against us - they’re already milking the clock by the early 3rd

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Adams isn't 7th.  So, is Maye arguably the best player on the Jets?  Why don't I hear him chirping all damn day?

Maye doesn't play linebacker, corner, slot corner or rush the QB much

Adams does all of that at a high level so he is clearly the Jets best player

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

Maye doesn't play linebacker, corner, slot corner or rush the QB much

Adams does all of that at a high level so he is clearly the Jets best player

corner... ha hah ha ha ha ha.

If we had real linebackers we would not have to sacrifice a safety to play linebacker right?  If you are relying on a safety to rush the passer and stop the run you are doing it wrong in thus league that is built on the passing game.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is sent to blitz on 3rd down or has his chin strap on the line of scrimmage, the other team just passes short crossers or to backs or tes because we only ever use on of our safeties in coverage.  It's also why we get abused deep all the time, one safety that cannot help on two sides of the field.

That's not his fault he plays where he's asked to play. We have no pass rush. We've went through a dozen guys at OLB to see if they can help. To no avail

15 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So your criticizing a guy because he's a cheerleader but want a guy who purposely sat out so he wouldn't get hurt. What a warped world this jet fandom is. 

FWIW, I like him.  Don't know what we need to put around him at this point but we need something... okay, more than something, a lot of thing. 

replacing president mal isn't going to help this team.  In fact it would hurt this team tremendously.  Some people need to put it in that perspective instead of we should have drafted someone that could be the next RGIII as easily as the next montana.  

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

FWIW, I like him.  Don't know what we need to put around him at this point but we need something... okay, more than something, a lot of thing. 

replacing president mal isn't going to help this team.  In fact it would hurt this team tremendously.  Some people need to put it in that perspective instead of we should have drafted someone that could be the next RGIII as easily as the next montana.  

I agree if the Jets had more guys that cared like #33 it'd be a much more competitive team. 

Archived