Jamal Adams- "Losing culture still here" PFT article

Barkus

1 hour ago, Larz said:

He does those things

you choose to ignore it because it ruins your opinion

Your loss

I love watching him play

I'd be happier seeing the dline and lbs stopping the run and rushing the passer and the safeties and cbs covering.

This defense sucks awfully with him and each time he runs right up to the edge of the dline (about half the time) the other team has an immediate key as to exactly what we are doing.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be happier seeing the dline and lbs stopping the run and rushing the passer and the safeties and cbs covering.

This defense sucks awfully with him and each time he runs right up to the edge of the dline (about half the time) the other team has an immediate key as to exactly what we are doing.

See above pff article from 5 days ago where they highlighted each team's best player. Interestingly enough, his coverage score is his highest rating

You are wrong

not liking the guy doesn't make you right lol

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So blame that on the defensive scheme not on the player. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

He does those things

you choose to ignore it because it ruins your opinion

Your loss

I love watching him play

Have you actually watched him the last few years in he very very rare times he is asked to cover anyone?  He has one garbage time int in two years.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So blame that on the defensive scheme not on the player. 

The coach has to scheme it this way because if he had to act as a true all around safety he gets torched.

I'll make a little prediction if this team makes a change on defense and have a more traditional scheme his level of play will drop badly when he us asked to do what many safeties are asked to do.

Run stopping safeties in a league all about passing.

With him playing 'all world' as many on here are stating the defense is awful.

44 minutes ago, Larz said:

Boom goes the dynamite 

New York Jets – Jamal Adams | 80.2 overall grade

Few safeties in the NFL are tasked with as difficult a role as what Adams does in New York. He’s basically asked to play any given position in the defense depending on what’s needed for the call. Adams has taken 179 snaps as a deep safety, 61 snaps as a box safety, 213 from a linebacker position, 69 as a slot corner and 21 as an outside corner. Trying to guess where he’s going to line up on a given play is a fool’s errand, and the fact that he’s their highest-graded player from all those positions is nothing short of remarkable.

It just tells me that they can't find a spot that excels in.  Keep searching.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The coach has to scheme it this way because if he had to act as a true all around safety he gets torched.

I'll make a little prediction if this team makes a change on defense and have a more traditional scheme his level of play will drop badly when he us asked to do what many safeties are asked to do.

Run stopping safeties in a league all about passing.

With him playing 'all world' as many on here are stating the defense is awful.

I agree with many of your posts on here , but on this one your dislike for the player has clearly clouded your judgement. 

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Have you actually watched him the last few years in he very very rare times he is asked to cover anyone?  He has one garbage time int in two years.

Why is his pff coverage score his highest score? 

Did you see the snap breakdowns above?  You can't even be serious lol 

He covers slot receivers dude 

Your argument is weak 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Probably one of the best run support safeties I’ve ever seen. As good as any of the greats like Palamalu etc, he hasn’t looked bad in coverage this year either. Not elite like vs the run and blitzing but solid. 

He's a good player, but like Troy?  A reach, at this time.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Boom goes the dynamite 

New York Jets – Jamal Adams | 80.2 overall grade

Few safeties in the NFL are tasked with as difficult a role as what Adams does in New York. He’s basically asked to play any given position in the defense depending on what’s needed for the call. Adams has taken 179 snaps as a deep safety, 61 snaps as a box safety, 213 from a linebacker position, 69 as a slot corner and 21 as an outside corner. Trying to guess where he’s going to line up on a given play is a fool’s errand, and the fact that he’s their highest-graded player from all those positions is nothing short of remarkable.

A box safety. Lol. All the posters referring to him that way, respond to this post. And please, don't spout your factually incorrect views on Adams.

15 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

He might talk a lot but unfortunately he’s one of a handful of guys who seem to care no matter what. And we need more of that. And also falls on the coaching staff for not keeping them in it. 

maybe--or maybe he is just all talk.  He is one of the guys who played like a steaming pile of sh*t Sunday

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He's a good player, but like Troy?  A reach, at this time.

Like I said, In run support, yeah. I wouldn’t put any safety as any better.  And tbh, in coverage he’s gotten better not to mention the pass rush sucks so who knows how good he could be if he was actually on a top 5 talent defense. 

16 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Seriously Why??? Move on... The relentless garbage spewed about the only player that seemed to actually be trying on Sunday is ridiculous... Are you joking? Why are you so bothered by the only decent player on the team Sunday... You would rather Mo Wilk?? I mean seriously give it up

Hahaha.  Chill out Jamal fanboy.  My post was 100 % accurate.  He talks too much, especially to the media.  He's a good player.  And it was a bad pick. 

Maybe if he could cover somebody it would have been a good pick, and his constant talking via social media or the press would be justified.  But as a box safety, he really can't turn losses into wins.  We're 8-17 since he was drafted and he is our supposed best player and leader.  And his shortcomings as both player and leader play a role in that. 

It's cool that he's trying and hasn't quit on the coach.  The next coach will like him.  But he doesn't move the needle for the franchise.  He needs to be the 3rd or 4th best player on this defense.  Obviously that part is Macc's fault, not Jamal's. 

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

I really really like Jamal Adams. It took me a year to come around but him and Williamson are the two keepers on defense 

They're the best players on the team, by far.  Williamson is the 1 single good Free Agent signing in Mac's tenure.  Yay! 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hahaha.  Chill out Jamal fanboy.  My post was 100 % accurate.  He talks too much, especially to the media.  He's a good player.  And it was a bad pick. 

Maybe if he could cover somebody it would have been a good pick, and his constant talking via social media or the press would be justified.  But as a box safety, he really can't turn losses into wins.  We're 8-17 since he was drafted and he is our supposed best player and leader.  And his shortcomings as both player and leader play a role in that. 

It's cool that he's trying and hasn't quit on the coach.  The next coach will like him.  But he doesn't move the needle for the franchise.  He needs to be the 3rd or 4th best player on this defense.  Obviously that part is Macc's fault, not Jamal's. 

Adams is a good player. When you’re selecting a safety that high the expectations, at least to me, is that he’s a Sean Taylor, Eric Berry type of talent who’s all over the field causing turnovers.

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

It doesn't matter who you are , if you don't demand respect  and lead by example you won't get it.

The players can talk all they want about the love for Bowles etc.... , their actions on the field either represent a leader who has failed or players who don't respect the leader.

The Jets record suggest they're a 3 win team after 10 games. Their record suggest Mike Mayock could have drafted better than Mike Maccagnan. The Jets roster is one of the least talented in the NFL. That falls on Mac. If Mac drafted better we would not be this bad. Make Todd Bowles the head coach of the Chiefs in 2018. I bet you the Chiefs don't have a 3-7 record. Trust  me I am no Todd Bowles defender, but the man most accountable for the Jets being bad is Mike Maccagnan, yet he's getting a free pass because he got a scratch off lucky when Sam Darnold FELL into his lap.

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

I really really like Jamal Adams. It took me a year to come around but him and Williamson are the two keepers on defense 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

They're the best players on the team, by far.  Williamson is the 1 single good Free Agent signing in Mac's tenure.  Yay! 

Amazing that, despite all the high picks we've invested on defense, that this is where we stand.  Only 2 "keepers" on the whole defense. 

16 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Funchess is Garbage... Thomas is old coming off a MAJOR injury... 

OL in the first? with all that Edge talent... seems like a waste. unless you draft the Left Tackle from Alabama... I can be convinced on that.

Allison and Brown are the 2 WRs the Jets should target as well as Enuwa and they can tender Anderson.

I think that Anthony Barr would be a better get then Lawrence.

Fowler is ok, but you wonder if this could be a bad locker room teammate, same for Lawrence.

Bell is fine... but he will come overpriced. And the Jets don't have as much cap space as everyone thinks because they only have 29 players or so under contract for next year.

If Funchess Garbage then you must not know what our current WRs are and Earl Thomas is a flat out baller Nd not tht old would be a good veteran presence 

Barr is nowhere as near tanleted as Lawrence 

You might be right about don’t kno too much about his attitude 

Bell is a must get no matter what

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Jets record suggest they're a 3 win team after 10 games. Their record suggest Mike Mayock could have drafted better than Mike Maccagnan. The Jets roster is one of the least talented in the NFL. That falls on Mac. If Mac drafted better we would not be this bad. Make Todd Bowles the head coach of the Chiefs in 2018. I bet you the Chiefs don't have a 3-7 record. Trust  me I am no Todd Bowles defender, but the man most accountable for the Jets being bad is Mike Maccagnan, yet he's getting a free pass because he got a scratch off lucky when Sam Darnold FELL into his lap.

If Bowles were coaching the Chief's they would be 5 and 5 and Mahomes would lead the league in interceptions.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Amazing that, despite all the high picks we've invested on defense, that this is where we stand.  Only 2 "keepers" on the whole defense. 

Amazing, pathetic, sad, depressing.  Good words to use.

The Jets best players play ILB and SS.  Talk about a winning formula.  You'd think we're building around Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, we just need our Haloti Ngata and wham!!!  Best D in the league. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Amazing, pathetic, sad, depressing.  Good words to use.

The Jets best players play ILB and SS.  Talk about a winning formula.  You'd think we're building around Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, we just need our Haloti Ngata and wham!!!  Best D in the league. 

Going to miss posts like this when competent coaches come in next year and have basically the same roster competing for the playoffs.

Archived