Cousins

kevinc855

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude Was worth every cent.....takes money to make money. Don’t take my word for it, look at the stats or tonight’s game 

He must be kicking himself that he chose to play with Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph and Dalvin Cook instead of Jermaine Kearse, Quincy Enunwa, Chris Herndon and Isaiah Crowell while taking snaps from Spencer Long.

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. I said when they signed him that the Vikes would not equal their record from last year with Keenum.

I'd agree, although to be fair their defence and run game seems to have declined dramatically from last year. Cousins is having a better year than Keenum in all fairness. 

Besides a few turds most posters understood Cousins is a borderline  franchise QB or close to it and Keemun is a JAG. Anyways rhe Cousins saga was based on whether he was “elite enough” to take a horsesh*t franchise like the Jets and put them on his back while they rebuilt for 3-5 years. Is he good enough to take this kind of a team to a Super Bowl himself? And what that would have looked like in a couple years once his contract was up.

The answers are all astounding  NO’s and Cousins on a 3 yr contract with this team would have wound up a futile 3 year exercise/run of first round wild card losses at best and by year 4 a bunch of overpaid aging average vets and another rebuild to complain about.

THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO THIS TEAM WAS NOT SIGNING COUSINS.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Besides a few turds most posters understood Cousins is a borderline  franchise QB or close to it and Keemun is a JAG. Anyways rhe Cousins saga was based on whether he was “elite enough” to take a horsesh*t franchise like the Jets and put them on his back while they rebuilt for 3-5 years. Is he good enough to take this kind of a team to a Super Bowl himself? And what that would have looked like in a couple years once his contract was up.

The answers are all astounding  NO’s and Cousins on a 3 yr contract with this team would have wound up a futile 3 year exercise/run of first round wild card losses at best and by year 4 a bunch of overpaid aging average vets and another rebuild to complain about.

So it would have been like most Jets 4 year runs instead of the 10 year run of futility we'll witness from 2011-2021. 

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

So it would have been like most Jets 4 year runs instead of the 10 year run of futility we'll witness from 2011-2021. 

A confident yes.

and fwiw the real issue is that they  don’t even know how to suck right. Ex 4,978 signing and starting McCown in “another” rebuilding year which essentially netted losing 3 second round picks for all intents..Things like this are a microcosm for their perpetual ineptitude/suckage and examples of their gutless, oblivious ownership/management

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

He must be kicking himself that he chose to play with Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph and Dalvin Cook instead of Jermaine Kearse, Quincy Enunwa, Chris Herndon and Isaiah Crowell while taking snaps from Spencer Long.

Call me a homer I’d still rather have Darnold who is 8 years younger.  Has similar game to Cousins with more upside

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I would just say given his performance this year Keenum has proven he is average at best. Cousins continues to play at a very high level as he has done over multiple seasons. Blaming Minn record on Cousins is shallow.

Shallow? 

That was one of the knocks on Cousins when debating whether or not to spend $30M/year on him last offseason. He puts up impressive numbers but has never won more than nine games. He has one playoff appearance, a loss. It's a fair knock until he shakes it. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Call me a homer I’d still rather have Darnold who is 8 years younger.  Has similar game to Cousins with more upside

And getting paid over four years about what the Jets offered Cousins per year

1 minute ago, slats said:

Shallow? 

That was one of the knocks on Cousins when debating whether or not to spend $30M/year on him last offseason. He puts up impressive numbers but has never won more than nine games. He has one playoff appearance, a loss. It's a fair knock until he shakes it. 

Sam is basically a younger Cousins with more upside.  If our next GM makes the right moves he’s going to be really good

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins is a very good qb.  He wasnt right for our franchise but he is very good.

Just cause he beat the most overrated qb in nfl history last week does not make him any better then he was 2 weeks ago.

Packers defense stinks.  They made CJ Beathard look like Joe Montana a few weeks ago

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Agree 100%.

Cousins has all that talent around him and a pretty good defense.  He's still only clinging to a Wild Card spot right now.

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Agree 100%.

Cousins has all that talent around him and a pretty good defense.  He's still only clinging to a Wild Card spot right now.

Let Cousins live out his glory days winning less playoff games than scrub Case Keenum

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude Was worth every cent.....takes money to make money. Don’t take my word for it, look at the stats or tonight’s game 

I believe the Vikings were better last year with Case Keenum. Hanging your hat on last night versus that swiss Cheese Packers defense to say he's worth every cent is a bit premature. Watch how the season plays out. He will become Kirk Chokesins down the stretch when the games get tougher and the lights get brighter. All that money to not win a playoff game...Minnesota Redskins.

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Packers had a losing record heading into that game, probably why Cousins looked so good. I also wanted the Jets to sign him, but his history is his history. 

Including this season, Cousins is 4 and 21 career vs teams .500 or better. Packers werent .500 or better last night. 

11 hours ago, morny said:

I'd agree, although to be fair their defence and run game seems to have declined dramatically from last year. Cousins is having a better year than Keenum in all fairness. 

I think the Vikings have a 2 year window (including this current season) before the weight of the Cap will start to impact the team.  They have a lot of young talent that will be expensive to keep and they're in a division that is suddenly more competitive than they expected with the emergence of the Bears.  I think the thought was the Packers would be the only real competition over the coming years and the Packers don't look very formidable besides having Aaron Rodgers.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cousins is a very good qb.  He wasnt right for our franchise but he is very good.

Just cause he beat the most overrated qb in nfl history last night does not make him any better then he was 2 weeks ago.

He is ok surrounded by a good team...his tenure with WAS showed he is not that guy who can put a mediocre team on his back and make them good.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Amen to that.

36 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Packers had a losing record heading into that game, probably why Cousins looked so good. I also wanted the Jets to sign him, but his history is his history. 

Including this season, Cousins is 4 and 21 career vs teams .500 or better. Packers werent .500 or better last night. 

Thanks  I had no idea of this record. Glad he's NOT a Jet.

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

and he took less money to boot.  WE SIR, are a dumpster fire!!!!!

2 hours ago, slats said:

Shallow? 

9 games????  That's tantamount to a Super Bowl for most Jets fans!!!  

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

"He lost". Shallow and lazy minded game analysis.

I was stuck watching that game, the whole game.  Sounds like you didn't . Trust me Cousins did LOSE that game. Don't know if Vikes were looking ahead or what but Cousins stunk the place up. 1 INT and 2 lost fumbles. Yeah he lost the game for them against the lowly Bills.

Jets offered more money than the Vikings and he still signed with Minny. Seeing how the Redskins performed with Alex Smith this year leads me to thank god he signed with Minny.
Anyhow who wants a guy who will sign for less money because he doesn’t want the NY press to eat him alive?
Oh and furthermore the Packers suck this year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived