An Interesting Fact About The Patriots Loss

Grandy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Next two years a great time put in place parts to take over the AFCE.

Never mind Brady, how long has Belichick got left? - He's 66, 67 before next season.

Exactly. The Jets should be building this team up so when Belichick/Brady finally are gone we're in a position to run the division. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

But it's "one game"....like you said. 

The dissonance. 

Im done. 

If you read what I wrote and wrote this you need help and should run away, you're just making things up

Dissonance?  Lol

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Next two years a great time put in place parts to take over the AFCE.

Never mind Brady, how long has Belichick got left? - He's 66, 67 before next season.

I think belichick will stick around to try and end the Brady vs belichick debate.

I also think he likely fails 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you read what I wrote and wrote this you need help and should run away, you're just making things up

Dissonance?  Lol

I read what you wrote, hence why I said "dissonance". 

You talk about one game in one breath referring to the 2014 situation, yet you know as well as I do that this conversation is based on last night's one game. 

But here's the kicker. You try and spin it by saying "after watching all 14 games" as if the Pats arent 9-5, undefeated at home, 3-1 in the AFCE, leads the AFCE, is in playoff position and are about to play the two bottom teams over the next two weeks in their division that they've lost just 1 game all season which was the miami miracle, which wasnt Brady's fault but Belichick's fault. 

Look, I agree with you. Lets not argue over this. Whether you say "one game" or 14 games, there's nothing indicating that this Patriots team is in some sort of trouble. 

If they win the next two games are we to say "They declined" because they went 11-5 instead of their usual 12-4? C'mon. Them losing these next two games...THEN my ears would perk up and attention would be given to this position. Right now it's just wishful thinking from Jets fans/NFL fans who are sick of the Patriots bending the entire league over for the past 2 decades. 

Brady is a very different QB. He was throwing a lot of deep balls yesterday and that isn't what he has done at all during his career. You would normally see him fire the ball quickly to a WR or RB. He barely threw the ball to White at all and every pass to a WR was down field. This has to have something to do with age not just to Brady but that whole team. 

As for Brady himself, this is one of his worst seasons for sure. Boston fans will be calling for a new QB soon, possibly after they lose in the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That would be f'ing epic. If there was ever a team to do it, it's the Ravens. They've always played the Pats hard in the playoffs. 

Agreed but a run first rookie QB vs. on the road vs. BB?  I'm not taking that bet.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed but a run first rookie QB vs. on the road vs. BB?  I'm not taking that bet.

I wouldnt take that bet either. Im just saying that it would be epic. And it would also favor folks wishful thinking that Brady/Patriots are declining if that did happen though. 

But generally we all know that's highly unlikely. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Neither am I.  Only thing that would make it interesting is their defense.  It's better, much better than the Steelers and the pats only scored 10.  This is a ravens team that should have beaten KC in KC.

Can dream, lol

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Brady is a very different QB. He was throwing a lot of deep balls yesterday and that isn't what he has done at all during his career. You would normally see him fire the ball quickly to a WR or RB. He barely threw the ball to White at all and every pass to a WR was down field. This has to have something to do with age not just to Brady but that whole team. 

As for Brady himself, this is one of his worst seasons for sure. Boston fans will be calling for a new QB soon, possibly after they lose in the playoffs. 

The Steelers FINALLY realized if they keep playing zone all the time vs Brady they would lose again. They attacked, they doubled Bradys 1st read (guessed correctly) & they forced him to make throws downfield. 

Ravens have a much better defense than the Steelers, John Harbaugh is already looking at the film. Plus, the Pats dropped balls THEY NEVER DROP. Edeleman had 2 drops, Gordon dropped 1 wide open, these guys never seem to drop them when we play them, lol.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not taking the pats in LA or KC

I would

Andy Reid and Phil Rivers and the playoffs are not exactly good bets come playoff time.

The playoffs are a different beast and I think experience sometimes cancel out who is really "the better team".

Something pretty ironic about this year vs. last.  The Pats have the same last 4 games as last season.  And in week 14 last year, the Patriots lost to the Dolphins.  In week 15, the Patriots needed a bunch of breaks to complete a 4th quarter on the....Steelers.  Last night they didnt have enough but come'on, we all thought they were tying that game one way or another.  lol

Come playoff time, my money is BB and Brady until someone shows me I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're placing a bet right now, your life savings, who you taking from the AFC?

It’s tough to go against New England, but they’re just not very good this year. I don’t see Belichick outscheming the Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers etc for 3 games in a row. Don’t see Brady finding the fountain of youth either.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're placing a bet right now, your life savings, who you taking from the AFC?

Nobody.

However I think the chargers and chiefs are the best teams in the conference.

You asked me the same question 2 months ago about the pats season record.

My opinion hasnt changed, Brady is showing his age and Belichicks defense is what its been for over a decade .. mediocre.

Anything can happen in a single game though and the Pat's are positioned to play in Houston in the divisional round so they could get to the conf championships based on that. They are very fortunate to have the 2 best teams in the same division as I find it highly unlikely they'd be able to beat both on the road 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Something pretty ironic about this year vs. last.  The Pats have the same last 4 games as last season.  And in week 14 last year, the Patriots lost to the Dolphins.  In week 15, the Patriots needed a bunch of breaks to complete a 4th quarter on the....Steelers.  Last night they didnt have enough but come'on, we all thought they were tying that game one way or another.  lol

Come playoff time, my money is BB and Brady until someone shows me I'm wrong.

The difference being that the pats were 11-3 after the steelers game last year and 9-5 this year. They were also #1 offense in football last year, this year #6/7 depending on how they graded yesterday.

They aren't as good.

In otherwords, we probably have another 5 years of this dude tea bagging the league unfortunately. 
I remember hearing this in 2014 when the chiefs destroyed the Pats, then again in 2016. 
I really hope it's Brady's last season so we can move on from this era....but I stopped doubting this dudes ability to close years ago. 
When he actually leaves the game and hangs it up then I'll celebrate. 

Hell no. I want Brady in uniform when we take them out

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He’s a drop back qb who gets rid of the ball quickly plus he has had one documented major injury his entire career which was an ACL year in his non plant leg

Steve Deberg played until he was 47.  Vinny Testaverde player until he was 42

The last year Deberg played a full NFL season he was 40. Vinny was 39. Brady May play a few more years, but his play will continue the decline we are currently witnessing

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Nobody.

However I think the chargers and chiefs are the best teams in the conference.

You asked me the same question 2 months ago about the pats season record.

My opinion hasnt changed, Brady is showing his age and Belichicks defense is what its been for over a decade .. mediocre.

Anything can happen in a single game though and the Pat's are positioned to play in Houston in the divisional round so they could get to the conf championships based on that. They are very fortunate to have the 2 best teams in the same division as I find it highly unlikely they'd be able to beat both on the road 

You scared, get a dog.

Oh mine is 75lbs, I think you asked me that a few days ago but I forgot to respond. I shopped around for parents in the 75-85 range.  Didn’t want much bigger.  Found a breed who had a 70lb female and 80lb male, my guy is probably maxed out at this point.  Perfect height and size 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 1:45 AM, Villain The Foe said:

In otherwords, we probably have another 5 years of this dude tea bagging the league unfortunately. 

I remember hearing this in 2014 (Brady/Pats declining) when the chiefs destroyed the Pats, then again in 2016. 

I really hope it's Brady's last season so we can move on from this era....but I stopped doubting this dudes ability to close years ago. 

When he actually leaves the game and hangs it up then I'll celebrate. 

On 12/17/2018 at 2:13 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I really hope not, but he probably does. 

The type of "decline" folks are talking about is based on the "Brady standard". A decline for Brady would take him out of the top 3/5 and into the top 10. Another decline into the top 15. 

In otherwords, this version of Tom Brady is at worst top 15 in the world...and 40 something years old. 

And I thought Jordan ruined things for teams in the 90's. Brady has ruined fandom for almost 20 years. lol. 

On 12/17/2018 at 3:59 PM, Villain The Foe said:

You're proving my point. They've been so historically good that "playing poorly" for them is leading the division, being undefeated at home, in the playoff race and losing two games in a row in December since forever. 

Here's the problem. None of this matters much, when the other AFC East teams cant string together respectable seasons and the Pats are still 3-1 in this division. 

All this "disaster" talk is hyperbolic. They're 9-5 and are undefeated at home and has lost just 1 game in their division. This Patriots team is a different team in the playoffs, and even if they lose in the playoffs, they still dominate this division and this league until another team in this division says otherwise. 

I heard that in 2014 and 2016. Maybe we're seeing a decline, but their decline is still better than anything else in this division. I just dont know what the excitement is about. They're crippled and look like a disaster, yet still runs the division. What does that say about the other teams in the division? 

All im saying is, the domination will not end until the man retires. 

On 12/17/2018 at 6:59 PM, Villain The Foe said:

You know the irony of this? You're talking about "one game" as if folks arent doing that right now. 

Would we even be talking about this if the Pats won last night? No. We're talking about it because they lost 2 games in the month of December. 

Im not harping on anything. Im comparing the last time I heard this talk to the first time I heard this talk, and im simply saying that if you bet against this man you're more than likely going to be wrong. 

Folks can do whatever they want. My team still looks like sh*t, I'd rather someone fix that mess rather than me figuring out which year Tom Brady'd body will decide not to be the greatest in the world at Quarterbacking. 

Folks who watched them in 2014 said the same thing, and they pretended they didnt say it when they were in the SB. 

You know what would make your position relevant? If the Bills and Jets can beat the Patriots in the next two weeks. If not, then the Patriots will be 11-5 going into the playoffs and no one will remember this conversation. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, Villain The Foe said:

I read what you wrote, hence why I said "dissonance". 

You talk about one game in one breath referring to the 2014 situation, yet you know as well as I do that this conversation is based on last night's one game. 

But here's the kicker. You try and spin it by saying "after watching all 14 games" as if the Pats arent 9-5, undefeated at home, 3-1 in the AFCE, leads the AFCE, is in playoff position and are about to play the two bottom teams over the next two weeks in their division that they've lost just 1 game all season which was the miami miracle, which wasnt Brady's fault but Belichick's fault. 

Look, I agree with you. Lets not argue over this. Whether you say "one game" or 14 games, there's nothing indicating that this Patriots team is in some sort of trouble. 

If they win the next two games are we to say "They declined" because they went 11-5 instead of their usual 12-4? C'mon. Them losing these next two games...THEN my ears would perk up and attention would be given to this position. Right now it's just wishful thinking from Jets fans/NFL fans who are sick of the Patriots bending the entire league over for the past 2 decades. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, Villain The Foe said:

I wouldnt take that bet either. Im just saying that it would be epic. And it would also favor folks wishful thinking that Brady/Patriots are declining if that did happen though. 

But generally we all know that's highly unlikely. 

So what was more sensible and accurate, my statements above or yours below???

On 12/17/2018 at 3:38 PM, Jet Nut said:

Difference is before we were assuming he had to start his decline, the calendar and his age told us he should.  This time we're seeing a decline.  And not just to Brady.  Gronk has two red zone catches, not normal.  He was sucking wind in the 4th quarter.  The Pats look slow and like they don't have that quick strike firepower anymore.  

Maybe we should ask the Chargers if the Pats looked slow and didnt have that firepower anymore. 

On 12/17/2018 at 6:12 PM, Jet Nut said:

I never heard any of this in 2014 or 2016.  And I never saw what I've seen the last two weeks.  This isn't theory, this is what we're seeing.  No one is saying they suck, but they've come back to the pack

Chargers just got surgically dismantled. 

On 12/17/2018 at 6:36 PM, Jet Nut said:

And let me give you a piece from the one shltty article:

Their failure was so complete, so embarrassing, that it's hard to see any way they'll win more games than they lose—let alone collect their usual division title 

could care less, they look different.  This piece of nonsense was an over the top response to one game.  Not after watching 14 games.  Doesn't require 1000+ words explaining what we're seeing isn't what we're seeing

On 12/17/2018 at 6:46 PM, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  Their D.  The offense is inconsistent.  Heard Gronk has 2 red zone catches all season.  And the idea that it's all Brady is nonsense.  It's all of them falling off.  They couldn't put away a mediocre fish team, funny how many mistakes a team makes when their to players don't perform.  Then in a huge game, home field etc on the line 10 pts?

Being good enough to beat up on mediocre teams while losing to teams they used to get up for and dominate is proof, not some far fetched theory based on nothing.  

On 12/17/2018 at 6:50 PM, Jet Nut said:

It was one game.  And no one was saying he was done or mortal.  They were questioning be what his future was.  Hardly like this season where he hasn't been the same QB   You want to harp on it and use the idea that in two articles after a loss they were wrong proves that what we've seen for a season is meaningless fine.  I'm not getting into an argument over this.  Anyone who has watched them knows they're not the same

On 12/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, Jet Nut said:

Even funnier if they go out in the first round of the playoffs

On 12/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, Jet Nut said:

Neither am I.  Only thing that would make it interesting is their defense.  It's better, much better than the Steelers and the pats only scored 10.  This is a ravens team that should have beaten KC in KC.

Can dream, lol

The Ravens got beat to shreds by the team that the Patriots just beat to shreds. lol. 

On 12/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, Jet Nut said:

I'm not taking the pats in LA or KC

How's that "obvious decline" looking? Like @JiF said, maybe you should have taken the Pats. 

This didnt age very well for you now did it? I believe that this is that "ownage"  @Patriot Killa mentioned to you before.

They're once again in the Final 4, and win or lose, I told you that the loss to the Dolphins and Steelers in December wasnt as dire as you were making it out to be, then covering it up as if it was the pats "14 game performance" up to that point.  

Your comments was just wishful thinking. Maybe this ass whipping you just witnessed by this old ass man, and his inconsistent defense should let you know to just wait for him to retire like the rest of us and not bet against this dude. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

So what was more sensible and accurate, my statements above or yours below???

Maybe we should ask the Chargers if the Pats looked slow and didnt have that firepower anymore. 

Chargers just got surgically dismantled. 

The Ravens got beat to shreds by the team that the Patriots just beat to shreds. lol. 

How's that "obvious decline" looking? Like @JiF said, maybe you should have taken the Pats. 

This didnt age very well for you now did it? I believe that this is that "ownage"  @Patriot Killa mentioned to you before.

They're once again in the Final 4, and win or lose, I told you that the loss to the Dolphins and Steelers in December wasnt as dire as you were making it out to be, then covering it up as if it was the pats "14 game performance" up to that point.  

Your comments was just wishful thinking. Maybe this ass whipping you just witnessed by this old ass man, and his inconsistent defense should let you know to just wait for him to retire like the rest of us and not bet against this dude. 

Did you just do a necro and all the that work for an, I told you so?

dang dude, I ain’t even mad.  I’m proud of you.  Especially since I smacked @CTM for the millionth time.  

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did you just do a necro and all the that work for an, I told you so?

dang dude, I ain’t even mad.  I’m proud of you.  Especially since I smacked @CTM for the millionth time.  

Not. Chiefs win next week despite your claims that there is no difference between Mahommes and Smith.

Quite the conundrum for you, Pat's win and it helps your Pat's aren not in decline argument but also weakens your Brady isnt GOAT position.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Pats also gave the Chiefs their 1st loss of the season. 

It's going to be an entertaining game. I do think Reid has a legit chance at making another SB appearance. 

Chiefs will attack Brady unlike the Chargers

I think 

(hope)

Pat's nowhere near as good on road. 

Good chance next week is symbolic handing of the torch to the new face of the league 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Pats also gave the Chiefs their 1st loss of the season. 

It's going to be an entertaining game. I do think Reid has a legit chance at making another SB appearance. 

In New England they won by a hair.  Road wins by the Pats.... Jets, Bills and Bears.  And got a million lucky bounces in the Bear game

Archived