How many more TD's does Darnold throw next year? Can he improve by 5 or more?

JetFreak89

How many more passing TD's does Darnold throw next year?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many more passing TD's does Darnold throw next year?

• 0 - 5 (17 - 22 TD's)
    • 6 - 10 (23 - 27 TD's)
    • 11 - 15 (28 - 32 TD's)
    • 16 - 20 (33 - 37 TD's)
    • 21+ (38 and beyond!)

While my initial gut wanted to go with TDs in the 30s, being a bit more realistic, he's still only going to be in his second year, learning a new offense, and I won't believe the team will go overly pass-heavy right away until I see it, so I figure we'll see enough rushing TDs to cut into Darnold's number.  I think for a second year guy on a team with plenty more help still needed in the passing game, mid to upper 20s in TDs is probably a reasonable estimation.

You know, either that or he'll just go ahead and set a new passing TD record.... whatever. ?

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

How many cheap TDs did Sam get this year? Watching other QBs it seems like 20-30% or their TDs are on cheap screen passes/tosses/etc. I think he’ll easjly have 30 TDs if he just gets the leuage average of “cheap” TDs

And one fewer INT if Terrelle Pryor didn't "alligator arm" and shorten his route at the back of the end zone vs. Miami.  (Yes, that still irks me to this day)

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And one fewer INT if Terrelle Pryor didn't "alligator arm" and shorten his route at the back of the end zone vs. Miami.  (Yes, that still irks me to this day)

it was an abomination...  irk would be a euphemism in this case...

my guess is that more of the same poor technique related stuff went on and on in practice and led to his release

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

I'm surprised at the number saying 21+....not sure if just really optimistic or if they are trying to break balls......

Futurama-Fry.jpg

Most likely, it's a failure of reading comprehension by most of them, in regards to it being a question of how many more, as opposed to simply how many.

he will easily throw 5 more TDs, remember he missed 3 games this year.  The key will be throwing less INTs which he did a great job to end the season.  He was 17 & 15 this year, I think he'll be in the 25-15 range next year which will be a huge leap.

Archived