Stephen A. Accusing Gaze of looking as if he were on drugs?

DonCorleone

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have still not yet seen or heard the PC but I have seen the crazy eyes and I don’t rule out the possibilitiy Gase was on drugs. Let’s not act like the management positions are immune.  Didn’t the GM on the Redskins get fired for alcoholism?

these guys are sleep-deprived because they study film all day long.  I don’t know if it’s as intense in the offseason (I can’t imagine it would be) but Gase was probably studying teams to try to get a job.  Also it sounded like (and correct me if I’m wrong) that he had an outburst against the Dolphins’ owner. That seems in line with at least possibly being on drugs, no?   Again I’m not saying he was on drugs (and again I have to watch the PC) just that it wouldn’t be a complete shocker.  

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have still not yet seen or heard the PC but I have seen the crazy eyes and I don’t rule out the possibilitiy Gase was on drugs. Let’s not act like the management positions are immune.  Didn’t the GM on the Redskins get fired for alcoholism?

these guys are sleep-deprived because they study film all day long.  I don’t know if it’s as intense in the offseason (I can’t imagine it would be) but Gase was probably studying teams to try to get a job.  Also it sounded like (and correct me if I’m wrong) that he had an outburst against the Dolphins’ owner. That seems in line with at least possibly being on drugs, no?   Again I’m not saying he was on drugs (and again I have to watch the PC) just that it wouldn’t be a complete shocker.  

I think it's more a mental health issue than drugs, seen plenty of those kind of nervous habits. Watch when he is in a less  of a stressful environment he is not that bad but when he is an extremely stressful environment you see his eyes get worse. Seems to me he is obsessed with football and would be happy just dealing with his people and the game. He is not the best with outsiders and is  not very patient, doesn't seeem to like the media whatsoever so that doesn't help.

Last thing I'll say about this is, Lets not kid ourselves, Gase came off poorly yesterday. It's unfortunate but people are going to take the whole "eyes thing" and go in a bunch of different directions with it. I don't buy into the drugs thing, not for a minute! He was probably hyped and nervous, and he just didn't come off well. He was much better in subsequent interviews throughout the day, but like I said earlier, the horse was out of the barn by then, and social media had already run with it. We have to accept that. As far as Gase  being the HC, I'm with @Patriot Killa on this. I'm to the point now where I don't give a s**t what is said from here out. This thing is getting into areas that aren't funny, its getting cruel. He's our coach, and I'm behind him.

30 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Agree..Coffee...Nerves...Or maybe he could have his game face on already. The guy knows what he is facing with the Media and Fans starved for something good. He also knows the reaction from people Like me who were not crazy about the hire. I personally hope that his face was one zeroed in on proving fans like me completely wrong. 

You know what I actually thought at first?  I thought he has some kind of neck discomfort, because he started bey rotating his head and did it a few times.  There might have been some pain there.  Or maybe he has a little twitchy OCD.  Would bot surprise me in an NFL coach.

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

You’re a piece of work

so this is where we are at? either support Adam Gase or FU

this is a place to express free speech 

it's not North Korea 

the new Head coach has unsettling mannerisms 

cue the pearl clutching 

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Love the way that Ahole talks over everybody else. Nobody else can say squat once that jerk starts his tantrum.

This is just a wild guess, but it appears that mannerism is not something which was important in his family.  Hey if he is going to take uneducated guesses, I can do the same. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

you are right it wasn't meth or a street drug

but the man is probably a cocktail of whatever NFL locker rooms have access to 

if we could get a sample of Adam Gase's blood it probably reads like Judy Garland's.

He strikes me as one of those Crispr types who is all about maximizing his performance, he probably took all sorts of mood stabilizers to get him even for the interviews and probably tried to take some sort of stim for the press conference and what everyone saw was probably a bad interaction. When it wore off (MK Show) he was fine 

that's not the same as him smoking rock in the men's room but let's not pretend that man was dead sober either 

Seriouly Bit, someone's hacked your account  !

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

You know what I actually thought at first?  I thought he has some kind of neck discomfort, because he started bey rotating his head and did it a few times.  There might have been some pain there.  Or maybe he has a little twitchy OCD.  Would bot surprise me in an NFL coach.

If he can win games for US, all of that will look normal. Heck, I would tell you that "The Cable Guy" acted in a normal manner if he could win us games. 

Just now, Thai Jet said:

Seriouly Bit, someone's hacked your account  !

nah it's just neck discomfort

i moved my neck around a couple times and... actually... yeah.... Now i feel much better about the whole thing. 

this is going to work out great you guys 

1 minute ago, DonCorleone said:

If he can win games for US, all of that will look normal. Heck, I would tell you that "The Cable Guy" acted in a normal manner if he could win us games. 

The Jets with Gase as Head Coach going 9-7 next year would be eye popping

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there aren't enough butt fumbles for you snowflake 

I look forward to the litigation 

You're very much off base, out of line what ever you want to call it with your "take" on this . I'm seriously thinking that your account

has been hacked Bit.

24 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Skip Bayless is close. Maybe its an ESPN thing

I see Skip as just a sh*t stirrer.

He takes the extreme opposite viewpoint just to rile people up. He still sucks and his show on FS1 with Shannon Sharpe aka Mushmouth is pretty much unwatchable as well.

But Stephen A actually believes the ridiculous crap that comes out of his mouth.

Out of all of the major network sports shows, Cowherd’s show on FS1 is the only one I can really watch. He’s an arrogant prick but I like him and agree with him more often than not. Doesn’t pretend like he’s a comedian, doesn’t constantly bring up politics, etc.

He also frequently brings on great guests like Mangini, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Greg Cosell, etc.

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Last thing I'll say about this is, Lets not kid ourselves, Bates came off poorly yesterday. It's unfortunate but people are going to take the whole "eyes thing" and go in a bunch of different directions with it. I don't buy into the drugs thing, not for a minute! He was probably hyped and nervous, and he just didn't come off well. He was much better in subsequent interviews throughout the day, but like I said earlier, the horse was out of the barn by then, and social media had already run with it. We have to accept that. As far as Gates being the HC, I'm with @Patriot Killa on this. I'm to the point now where I don't give a s**t what is said from here out. This thing is getting into areas that aren't funny, its getting cruel. He's our coach, and I'm behind him.

So which one is it? Bates or Gates?  HaHa.  PS I agree with what you said about "what's his name".

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He takes the extreme opposite viewpoint just to rile people up. He still sucks and his show on FS1 with Shannon Sharpe aka Mushmouth is pretty much unwatchable as well.

But Stephen A actually believes the ridiculous crap that comes out of his mouth.

Out of all of the major network sports shows, Cowherd’s show on FS1 is the only one I can really watch. He’s an arrogant prick but I like him and agree with him more often than not. Doesn’t pretend like he’s a comedian, doesn’t constantly bring up politics, etc.

He also frequently brings on great guests like Mangini, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Greg Cosell, etc.

Skip Bayless isn't terribly bright either.  His cheerleading for Tim Tebow from 2010-2013 made me nauseous

Stephen A Smith is a big mouth moron who knows nothing.  Classic example of a guy who thinks he's right just because he screams and yells

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Frankly, all the sport shows where there is back and forth attempts at jokes and such things are p***ing me off. I don't want jokes, politics or any other topic other than sports. I remember when sports were more about competition and less about all other things. I truly must be getting too old. 

Just now, DonCorleone said:

Frankly, all the sport shows where there is back and forth attempts at jokes and such things are p***ing me off. I don't want jokes, politics or any other topic other than sports. I remember when sports were more about competition and less about all other things. I truly must be getting too old. 

Well the nauseating noise talking head shows on ESPN and Fox Sports are going nowhere.  They are cheap to produce and if you throw a rock you will hit an unemployed ex-pro athlete or journalist willing to go on

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's not North Korea 

cue the pearl clutching 

If you said that it wasnt a very professional press conference, or you thought Gase had "unsettling mannerisms" , or you felt that Gase didnt  have a persona that made you comfortable that he could be a leader of men, I dont think anybody would have an issue with your statement/opinion.   If you said that youd studied his game plans and didnt find his offense to be innovative, your opinion would be respected.

But calling someone a drug addict without any evidence because you didnt like their mannerisms just sucks!  How would you like it if someone (who had no expertise/training or solid basis for making the statement) said you looked like a pedophile or some other horrible trash that could effect your reputation and ability to get or keep a job?

Yes this country is founded on the principal of free speech.  That doesnt mean you can irresponsibly scream "FIRE' in a movie theater.  And smearing someones reputation without basis also falls under that category.  Think about it.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Well the nauseating noise talking head shows on ESPN and Fox Sports are going nowhere.  They are cheap to produce and if you throw a rock you will hit an unemployed ex-pro athlete or journalist willing to go on

Agreed. Sad state of affairs. 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's not North Korea 

cue the pearl clutching 

I don't think this is why Saul said the POS reference. Accusing someone, on a public board is WAY over the line Bit. If you don't like him fine, he wouldn't have been my 1st choice either, but to open yourself up to libel claims is a bit much don't ya think ? A little "over the top" .

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

If you said that it wasnt a very professional press conference, or you thought Gase had "unsettling mannerisms" , or you felt that Gase didnt  have a persona that made you comfortable that he could be a leader of men, I dont think anybody would have an issue with your statement/opinion.   If you said that youd studied his game plans and didnt find his offense to be innovative, your opinion would be respected.

But calling someone a drug addict without any evidence because you didnt like their mannerisms just sucks!  How would you like it if someone (who had no expertise/training or solid basis for making the statement) said you looked like a pedophile or some other horrible trash that could effect your reputation and ability to get or keep a job?

Yes this country is founded on the principal of free speech.  That doesnt mean you can irresponsibly scream "FIRE' in a movie theater.  And smearing someones reputation without basis also falls under that category.  Think about it.

I second your thoughts. Again, I am no apologist or advocate of this hire. I just do not like accusations without proof. Any aspect of his introduction, likes dislikes handling of questions or observations are perfectly fair game IMO. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

oh he had his family there? Cause people never do drugs around their family 

It's good to have an unbiased poster like you explain the world to me 

the man lost control of his eyes 

Dude I didn't make it up and neither did Stephen A Smith.

the HC became a meme in less than 24 hours of his announcement 

i am not anti drug by the way, Lawrence Taylor was the greatest pass rusher of all time, also high on coke most of his career 

drugs can do great things, look at Saturday Night Live for example 

but i literally can't believe anyone thinks this man was sober yesterday. The two explanations were drugs or brain damage,

I thought I was being nice. I don't care what a guy does in his off time as long as he keeps it together on a basic level  

Maybe take it to a Giants message board that might be hungry for crap like this. 

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That show is so bad it is actually sad to watch.  Skippy is a joke, makes you want to smack him.  Shannon "not so" Sharpe feeds into it, which makes it worse.  I feel worst for the girl.  Must be asking herself,  "what am I doing here"?  Guess it's a paycheck.

Archived