Stephen A. Accusing Gaze of looking as if he were on drugs?

DonCorleone

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

so the fact one of Gase's assistants was fired for coke usage like three months ago isn't suspicious at all

Fact?  It was the start it's the 2017 season.

And as soon as the video came out he resigned.  

Glad you had all the facts

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Ha! 

You got me. Maybe I’m the real meth head here.

hitting the syrup bottle too hard

it's funny how all the things people are saying about my wild behavior in this thread can also be applied to Gase on Monday 

I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm distracted, I've got anxiety, I've got a neck discomfort, my eyes are just big etc. 

so many excuses

you mess up JI and JN where's your excuse 

what I can't figure out is what makes a person's eyes and neck move that way 

like I said before it wasn't street drugs, because if coke made people look like that no one would ever take it 

imagine Johnny Depp playing slide guitar for Oasis. That's coke. 

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Beningo and Roberts just now:   Irate over report that the top offer for Manny Machado, to this point is 7 years/ 175 Million Dollars.  Beningo:  " So that's like 10 million dollars a year"  Roberts: " No it's more than that, I'll have to get my calculator out".  Some times little things explain a lot.

How do people not realize how amazingly stupid Joe Benigno really is?  Evan is just a wart sitting in front of a microphone.   I mean Benigno is borderline sub human intelligence.  Yet people here listen to him.  Maybe if he were funny, but he is just a whiney mosquito.  

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How do people not realize how amazingly stupid Joe Benigno really is?  Evan is just a wart sitting in front of a microphone.   I mean Benigno is borderline sub human intelligence.  Yet people here listen to him.  Maybe if he were funny, but he is just a whiney mosquito.  

Benigno is not very bright but he does have an endearing “everyman” perspective and he is very passionate about sports. 

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"Experts" on all things worldly, tangible, and sports related, yet struggle to form a cogent sentence or do basic multiplication and division.  Remarkable.  Same type of people who make fun of gestures and facial tics.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

it's funny how all the things people are saying about my wild behavior in this thread can also be applied to Gase on Monday

Not quite.  I've always liked your posts, but for the last 24hours plus,  you've been on quite a roll.  I get the "playing Devil's advocate" thing,  but a lot of the comments have been mean spirited, outlandish, and at times completely ridiculous. Not your style. Gase did not do anything inappropriate at the press  conference.  The conclusions and aspersions that are being cast at him are unfair and nasty. That's why people are upset.  The following back and forth between you and the other posters' has only made it worse.  It's probably time to let it go, {well past it actually}.  This can't be fun for you. Looking forward to positive interactions with you in the future, the way it's always been.  

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Not quite.  I've always liked your posts, but for the last 24hours plus,  you've been on quite a roll.  I get the "playing Devil's advocate" thing,  but a lot of the comments have been mean spirited, outlandish, and at times completely ridiculous. Not your style. Gase did not do anything inappropriate at the press  conference.  The conclusions and aspersions that are being cast at him are unfair and nasty. That's why people are upset.  The following back and forth between you and the other posters' has only made it worse.  It's probably time to let it go, {well past it actually}.  This can't be fun for you. Looking forward to positive interactions with you in the future, the way it's always been.  

I was with you until you said Gase did not do anything inappropriate at the press conference

there's an old saying who you gonna believe me or your lying eyes

I feel like many fans have decided not to believe their eyes (or Gase's eyes) and just hope for the best. 

Fun has nothing do with following the Jets. I'm done hoping for the best. 

Faith has nothing to do with the Jets. Belief is for little kids writing to Santy-Claus

other people reacting to my posts, actually is kinda fun. I have a low bar. 

and hey what's the worst that happens, the jets are awesome and they win a Super Bowl? I'll eat the crow gladly 

it will never ever ever happen. This is the most poorly run franchise in the league, maybe even worse than Washington. 

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Do not be fooled. It's a façade, a sham, a farce, a show, a prop, a character, a "charade", an act.  The endearing "everyman" is not an a$$hole.  Beningo is.

these are some nasty dispersions mean spirited, outlandish even 

it might even be Libel

it can't be fun for you, to feel this way

perhaps this hatred for Joe Benigno,  you should just let it go. 

so isn't it annoying when people tell you how to feel? 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

these are some nasty dispersions mean spirited, outlandish even 

it might even be Libel

it can't be fun for you, to feel this way

perhaps this hatred for Joe Benigno,  you should just let it go. 

so isn't it annoying when people tell you how to feel? 

Still at it?  Get well soon.  By the way it can't be considered Libel if it's the truth.  Not hatred, just an observation,

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I was with you until you said Gase did not do anything inappropriate at the press conference

there's an old saying who you gonna believe me or your lying eyes

I feel like many fans have decided not to believe their eyes (or Gase's eyes) and just hope for the best. 

Fun has nothing do with following the Jets. I'm done hoping for the best. 

Faith has nothing to do with the Jets. Belief is for little kids writing to Santy-Claus

other people reacting to my posts, actually is kinda fun. I have a low bar. 

and hey what's the worst that happens, the jets are awesome and they win a Super Bowl? I'll eat the crow gladly 

it will never ever ever happen. This is the most poorly run franchise in the league, maybe even worse than Washington. 

inappropriate.  not suitable or proper for the circumstances. unsuitable, unfitting, unseemly ,unbecoming, unprofessional, unfit, indecorous, improper, ungentlemanly, incongruous, wrong, ill-advised, ill-judged, ill-considered, unfortunate, regrettable, misguided, misplaced, tactless, undesirable, tasteless,  Adam Gase has done none of these things since coming to the Jets.  Can't say the same for you. Hope you get it. If not,  I'm out.   Get well soon.  I mean that.

12 hours ago, CTM said:

Not sure if this warrants it's own thread and cant paste article from phone but an actual Dr opinion of Gase to contrast Dr Bitontard's expert analysis 

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-adam-gase-press-conference-tic-jets-0116-story.html

Adam Gase simply appears uncomfortable in certain situations

Jets head coach Adam Gase speaks during a news conference where he was formally introduced. Social media was quickly abuzz. (Seth Wenig / AP)
ProFootballDocContact ReporterSports Medical Analyst

Adam Gase had "bug eyes" and appeared distracted/crazed with his eyes darting around the room and staring off into space during the press conference introducing him as Jets head coach.

Some have asked if he were on medication or on drugs.

Being the center of attention, especially on a big stage, can elicit unique reactions, but this is not Gase’s first time in the spotlight. He was head coach of the Dolphins for three years.

Is the glare of the New York spotlight that much brighter?

A review of video and reports recently in New York and previously in Miami appears to show Gase’s behavior simply is a manifestation of being uncomfortable in a position and nothing to do with drugs or his mental status being altered.

The medical term for "bug eyes" is exopthalmos. There are medical conditions that cause this, including thyroid issues.

Ticks or involuntary muscle contractions can be caused by metabolic (sometimes calcium) abnormalities.

I am sure Gase has been/will be checked for all of these conditions, as every player and coach are checked in their annual physicals, but it is my impression that there should be no medical issues.

The wide open and darting eyes seem to be part of a hypervigilant, autonomic nerve response, which is not something that is voluntarily controlled.

At a time of stress, our pupils dilate, our eyelids open to expose the white sclera and eye muscles contract to cause the eyes to jump around. This "fight or flight" response is controlled by our autonomic system and not directly controlled by Gase's intention.

This is the reaction of someone who is uncomfortable and looking for potential danger. In fact, the American Revolutionary War phrase "don't fire until you see the white's of the eyes" is rooted in this response, as certainly the whites of ones eyes are easier to see in a combatant who is on full alert.

The accentuated lateral gaze can be classified as a tic. When Gase is speaking or engaged, it seems to disappear. But when he is sitting and not moving, it is unmasked.

This is much like how a Tourette's tic is exposed at rest. And an eldery person’s tremor is improved as they shave or feed themself, while their hand is shaky when not performing a task.

Further evidence the responses are not pathologic or drug induced is that they seemed to disappear when Gase was interviewed in break-out interview sessions off the podium. He was lucid and clear in those instances, with no noticeable disturbances of affect.

In addition, a review of video when he was Dolphins head coach reveal some of these innate tendencies. One can see his eyes darting even as he speaks in a regular weekly press conference in Miami and in the press conference introducing him as Dolphins coach. When speaking or walking up to the podium, the darting eyes and tic are subdued.

Gase typically wore a cap in Dolphins press conferences, and my assumption is he will do so in New York. The hat tends to shade his eyes, thus obscuring the darting. Gase clearly seems to be more comfortable not dressed in a suit and wearing a hat.

Speaking or performing tasks eases the tendencies. Sitting on stage with nothing to do but listen accentuates them. This should have no effect on his ability to coach football.

Copyright © 2019, The San Diego Union-Tribune

Gase needs to get his thyroid checked for Graves Disease, which is a thyroid malady and can result in exactly the kind of symptoms we saw at the presser.  For the sake of Gase's health, it's a possibility that needs to be eliminated.  

The resulting signs and symptoms may include:
  • Bulging eyes (exophthalmos)
  • Gritty sensation in the eyes.
  • Pressure or pain in the eyes.
  • Puffy or retracted eyelids.
  • Reddened or inflamed eyes.
  • Light sensitivity.
  • Double vision.
  • Vision loss.

ds00181_im02688_exophthalmos_gif.jpg

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/graves-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20356240

It's a good thing the head coach of a football team doesn't have to interact with people.

We really dodged a bullet you guys

Not sure if this warrants it's own thread and cant paste article from phone but an actual Dr opinion of Gase to contrast Dr Bitontard's expert analysis 
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-adam-gase-press-conference-tic-jets-0116-story.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived