Okay... it has to be Josh Allen

JetFanatic

45 minutes ago, slats said:

Great write-up that projects him to guard. The #3 overall pick really needs to be the BAP while taking in positional value as well. Too high for guards or safeties or tight ends who aren't complete game changers. If they have a pass rusher rated equally with a guard, they have to take the pass rusher. All due respect to the OL is everything crowd here, but a true edge rusher is this team's biggest, most expensive need right now. You can buy two very good OL for the contract that Dee Ford is gonna get. 

I hope the Jets hit the OL hard in free agency. 

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I tend to agree with you.  BUT there is a lot of questions surrounding Williams, I suspect as these pre draft showcases and combines play out you will see more reports like this...

http://www.draftanalyst.com/shrine-game-notes-monday

I never graded Alabama offensive lineman Jonah Williams as a top-10 selection and have said so publically. In fact, I project him at guard in the NFL rather than left tackle. Williams is superb fundamentally but lacks the athleticism, agility and footwork to stay at left tackle on Sundays. Since the national title game, I’ve spoken with at least a dozen insiders and scouts to see if I was off base, yet they all agreed with me. The earliest grade I’ve received on him is the mid-first round, while some project him as a second-round selection. Everyone I’ve spoken with projects Williams to guard at the next level.

Check this out when you two get a chance. I thought it explained how he can mititgate the length concern and be a very good OT on the next level.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/13/the-cut-up-ep-02-does-length-matter-with-jonah-williams/

Alabama OT Jonah Williams is the topic of today’s episode. If you follow the draft, you know that tackles are always measured against a floor of requisite arm length to play outside in the NFL. But how much are those benchmarks still needed to evaluate OL play? Does the dearth of offensive tackle talent in the NFL dictate that teams become more lenient with their approach?

Jonah Williams has some technical hand usage concerns, as we can evidence on the film above. If you work on those issues — instead of wishing his arms magically grow two inches — you can mitigate the length concerns and draft yourself a starting offensive tackle.

To see those technical issues and talk about what you’d like to see instead, check out the second episode of The Cut Up.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

anyone here know is the date at which the FA season opens?

immediately post SuperBowl?

Important 2019 NFL offseason dates

Dates for free agency, the draft, and more

WGR_TalentImage_SalCapaccio_775x425.png?
SAL CAPACCIO
JANUARY 15, 2019 - 1:02 PM

Here are some important NFL dates to be aware of this offseason:

February 3:  Super Bowl LIII, Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta, Georgia)

February 19:   First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players

February 26 - March 4: NFL Scouting Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, Indiana)

March 5: Deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players

March 11: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations, with the agents of pending Unrestricted Free Agents on other teams. Often referred to as the "legal tampering period."

March 13: New League Year and Free Agency Begins at 4 p.m.

• All players, whose contracts expire this offseason, will officially do so.
    • For the Bills, this includes LB Lorenzo Alexander, DT Jordan Phillips, OL Ryan Groy, OT Jordan Mills, OL Jeremiah Sirles, OG John Miller, RB/ST Taiwan Jones, WR Deonte Thompson. 
  • Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 90 players on their active roster until final cuts in September.
  • Top-51 Rule begins, which means all clubs must be under the 2019 Salary Cap. However, only the top-51 salaries are counted against the cap until rosters are paired down to 53 in September.
  • Teams may begin signing free agents from other teams.
  • Teams may officially begin trading players still under contract for the 2019 season.

Prior to 4 p.m on March 13:

• Clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
    • For the Bills, this includes TE Logan Thomas and CB Lafayette Pitts. If they do not, those players become Unrestricted Free Agents.
  • Clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2018 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
    • For the Bills, this includes DE Eddie Yarbrough, LS Reid Ferguson, LB Deon Lacey, and P Matt Darr. If they do not, those players become Unrestricted Free Agents.

March 24 - 27: Annual League/Owners Meetings (Phoenix, Arizona)

Early April (Date TBD): Full NFL preseason schedule released

April 1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs

April 15:  Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs

April 19:  Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets with other clubs.

Mid-April (Date TBD): Full NFL regular season schedule released

April 25: First Round of the 2019 NFL Draft (Nashville, Tennessee)

April 26: Second and Third Rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft

April 27: Fourth - Seventh Rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft

May 3-6 or May 10-13: Rookie mini-camps may be held (teams can choose which of these dates they prefer, but not both)

All Jonah has to do is learn to have higher hand carriage and a more proactive punch so you don’t have to spend as long of a period of time trying to get your hand up and hit the area of the pads you are trying to hit. In the last example of the tape, KiKi from Texas A&M fakes the bullrush to the inside, gets outside and uses a swat-like move to get around Jonah but Jonah has excellent flexibility and can recover very nicely. Lots of times, and more seen in tackles who do have proper wingspans but lean on it too much, that swat move would of left the tackle off balance because he’s leaning all his weight toward the punch and relying on the length he has. Jonah keeps his weight above his hips and is able to get in that full recovery position very smoothly. If he were to have higher hand carriage from the initial start of the play, Jonah could of gotten his punch on the right shoulder quicker and had him at a half stance prior to Kiki dipping outside on him.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

All Jonah has to do is learn to have higher hand carriage and a more proactive punch so you don’t have to spend as long of a period of time trying to get your hand up and hit the area of the pads you are trying to hit. In the last example of the tape, KiKi from Texas A&M fakes the bullrush to the inside, gets outside and uses a swat-like move to get around Jonah but Jonah has excellent flexibility and can recover very nicely. Lots of times, and more seen in tackles who do have proper wingspans but lean on it too much, that swat move would of left the tackle off balance because he’s leaning all his weight toward the punch and relying on the length he has. Jonah keeps his weight above his hips and is able to get in that full recovery position very smoothly. If he were to hand higher hand carriage from the initial start of the play, Jonah could of gotten his punch on the right shoulder and had him at a half stance prior to Kiki dipping outside on him.

Serious question, is that you in the YouTube video? I have to admit that when it first started my initial thoughts were "What does this skinny kid know about offensive line play?" but I was pleasantly surprised at his knowledge and depth of the breakdowns. Only thing I wished is that he showed more competition using outside/swim moves which would really showcase if his arm length was deficient and I'd also like to see some plays where he was actually beat to see if there were any consistent problem areas for him. Either case, good video, thanks. 

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

Serious question, is that you in the YouTube video? I have to admit that when it first started my initial thoughts were "What does this skinny kid know about offensive line play?" but I was pleasantly surprised at his knowledge and depth of the breakdowns. Only thing I wished is that he showed more competition using outside/swim moves which would really showcase if his arm length was deficient and I'd also like to see some plays where he was actually beat to see if there were any consistent problem areas for him. Either case, good video, thanks. 

No, that’s not me haha. I just was relaying a piece of it to the folks that couldn’t watch the video. But yeah, I really like this site I found. They know their stuff. It’s just a group of guys who have obviously immersed themselves in scouting and they are film junkies. Off first glance it’s like..what can this guy possibly know? But it was a really pleasant video. 

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He has a very good motor, pursuit, great natural athleticism, nice bend/dip and he doesn’t give up on a play.

But most of his sacks have come from a open path to the QB or him just blasting the tackle on his way for the sack, he sometimes over pursues and he’s hasn’t displayed any type of arsenal as far as pass rushing moves goes. I’ve said this a few other times in a few other threads but he’s a scary pick at #3 because I think he’s more of a situational pass rusher at this moment. Pass rushing moves can be taught but he’s going to be facing bigger tackles with so much better footwork and strength. Can he overpower grown men in the NFL like he did his collegian competition? I think he’s more Vic Beasley instead of Von Miller. I don’t love Allen at #3 honestly.

What offensive lineman do you think the Jets should take if they trade down into the 20-30 range, which is what I think they should do to acquire at least another second and third round pick?

1 hour ago, Vader said:

this seems like an awful lot of work when you can just pencil in Beachum and Shell (still on rookie deal) at OT and draft or sign competition without breaking the bank. That way, you aren’t sacrificing any depth which is not to be under valued.

In terms of interior, I just looked up Long’s 4 year contract. You are right about dead money. However, he is due a 3 million guaranteed if he is on the roster 3 days after the Super Bowl…which means, if he isn’t cut between now and then, I can not imagine him not being on the team next year. Maybe Mac and Gase see his play at OG as silver lining? 

Carpenter is a shell and gone and Winters may be done here too bc of the injury and contract he singed before the injury.

The major component of OLs is communication+chemistry, and if you overhaul too much, regardless of individual skills you have no idea what you will get as a whole unit. it will be into the next season before they “gel”.

So i would think that they don’t go overhaul the entire unit but upgrade it more incrementally.

That would allow them to upgrade other team units besides the OL. Truth is, would have been a great question to ask Gase — his perspective on the OL.

Good call on Long's contract. I think they should cut him before then - but if they don't, yeah it's probably an indication he'll be on the roster. I just don't see the fit with Gase, he didn't play well, the coaching change is a clear reason to potentially cut bait. It'll be interesting to see what they do, they do have some time. But you're right, he's probably on the roster if they don't cut him before then. I still think they should cut him.

Two other really high level thoughts.

I agree communication and chemistry are key and it's going to take time for a unit to gel. Yeah you can pencil in Beachum and Shell - but both are only under contract next season. If there's an opportunity to put together a long term unit this offseason while upgrading at those spots and not worry about it for a couple of years I think you do that. Otherwise they gel this season and then you're putting in one or two new tackles next year (I think Beachum at least is gone) and waiting for that unit to gel. Also Brown's probably the only LT on the market and the Pats could re-up or franchise him so he may not be an option.

I also think part of the reason OL play on the whole is suffering in the league is that OL play in college is different and guys are having a hard time adjusting. Better to get pros when you can. This offseason with cap space, a young QB, a need at LG at least, and some cap flexibility with contracts - I think you pay to build that line via FA (the Rams actually had a lot of success with this) and figure out the rest of the roster with remaining cap space and via the draft.

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

What offensive lineman do you think the Jets should take if they trade down into the 20-30 range, which is what I think they should do to acquire at least another second and third round pick?

I could see Greg Little slipping into the early 20’s. People say he’s more of a mid-teens prospect but anything can happen on draft day. He is a perfect size candidate but don’t always love his hand placement or his footwork. He’s your prototypical LT though and relies on brute strength more times than not. I would put the first round grade on him though. He’s not a bad to prospect at all but like many others just needs to be taught better fundamentals and polish up.

NAME: Greg Little

SCHOOL: Ole Miss

CONFERENCE: SEC

POSITION: Offensive Tackle

CLASS: Junior

JERSEY: No. 74

RECRUITMENT RATING: 5-star

HT: 6’5

WT: 325 lbs

D.O.B.: 11/4/1997

PROS: Size, length and athleticism are evident early and often on tape. Physical tackle who can get to the second level and seal up linebackers with ease. Movement skills are excellent, frame carries very little bad weight. Fires off the ball with a purpose. Physicality and desire are evident. 

Explosive out of his stance (in flashes) and has legit range in his sets if he can develop his footwork further. Can mirror speed rushers up the arc with smooth agility. Good mental processing to pick up stunts and find late blitzers. Careful not to overset, trusts his footwork to be able to match speed. 

CONS: Technique has a long way to go. In pass protection, strikes are too wide, opening his chest to bull rushes and forcing him to grab cloth and hold. Gets push-pulled because he leaves himself exposed. Feet and hands are still learning to work in sync together. Needs to get more out of his first step against wider techniques. Posture could be more flat-backed. 

Has to drop the pad level a bit off the ball in the run game. Can’t create movement because he negates his power by standing up and not getting his hands inside. Not having chest control cause him to lose reps or fail to win them as dominantly as he should. Rarely in complete control as a blocker. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It would be criminially negligent if Mac doesn't use the high draft picks  to protect Darnold.  He simply cannot make the same mistake  two years in a row.  But I don't trust him one bit to do what is necessary.  He's a boob. 

You are too kind in your assessmentof Macc. If they take anything other than an OL with that 1st pick Macc must not only sign a couple FA OL but must also take one with the next pick. We need to develop the OL and stop ignoring it. 

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Just dont think theres an O guy worthy of 3. Trade back 

I don't know - it's a crap shoot anyway.  Take the O-lineman you like the best.

I would absolutely say trade back if you can (easier said than done though)- pick up two extra picks and grab 3 OL's in the first two rounds.  

Sign Bell, best WR you can find in FA, and an Edge (and this is actually a reasonable free agency class for edge guys.)

If you can manage to do all of that - you have a team that can compete for a playoff spot next year. 

Honestly, all of those things won't happen - but it's not exactly a far fetched scenario.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

We can definitely agree here. The defense can handle its own after being picked first for 9 years straight prior to Darnold breaking the trend. We can’t afford to see the kid hurt. You go up there to the podium and you go get the guy that has never missed a college game, is a pure technician with clean footwork. I don’t think his 1/2 shorter wingspan is going to matter that much. 

1/2 percent inch? Is that the issue they’re complaining about? You can find fault in anything even the God of your understanding if you’d like. Bottom line is there is no perfect pick, just the one we require to fill our greatest need. Protecting Sam and upgrading the OL easily outweighs the defense at this point of the team’s development. We can’t stop anyone anyways right now so who gives a squat. This is no quick fix. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know - it's a crap shoot anyway.  Take the O-lineman you like the best.

I would absolutely say trade back if you can (easier said than done though)- pick up two extra picks and grab 3 OL's in the first two rounds.  

Sign Bell, best WR you can find in FA, and an Edge (and this is actually a reasonable free agency class for edge guys.)

If you can manage to do all of that - you have a team that can compete for a playoff spot next year. 

Honestly, all of those things won't happen - but it's not exactly a far fetched scenario.

With the right mix of FA’s in the right positions and draft picks, we can grow leaps and bounds. I’d be thrilled with a wild card. 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Counter Arguments:  DRob, Ghost, Richardson, Wilkerson, Williams.

In all seriousness, if Macc cannot trade back from the #3 pick ffs, he should be fired for that alone.

this is a bad year to want to trade down 

there are very few potential targets for a trade up (Haskins basically) and only a couple teams the Jets can deal with (Jacksonville the most likely. NYG and DEN too much bad blood)

by the way Fish we've followed this team and this league a long time and you can take this for what it's worth but IMO the Offensive line drought coming out of college is far worse than the QB drought. there are no Orlando Paces or Jon Ogdens anymore. There's rarely a Tyron Smith or Trent Williams. And now there aren't even D Bricks coming out. 

there are guys perhaps in other years but Jonah Williams would be a round 2 player ten years ago. It's the shortage that pushes him up and side note he might not even be better than Beachum or Shell. 

it's still a reach for TB at 5 but they actually have a worse situation at RT in Dotson. Williams can be a RT like McGlinchey and never move to the Left side and that will be a fine pick. If the Jets take him he has to be a player he isn't.   fans say they don't mind a reach but if that guy isn't a gold jacket type everyone will freak out (and justifiably so) 

meanwhile McShay's top 32 the top 11 prospects were defense.

It's like a farmer's market just cause We want tomatoes doesn't mean they are in season.  

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the jets traded a #1 and 3 #2s to get darnold.  they hired a qb guy to be the HC.  the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs all have the most unstoppable offenses.  what part of this says the jets should wait until the early 3rd round to draft the 10th best OL?  the colts should be the model for how to build around darnold.  

And Luck's earlier injury issues evidence of what happens if we don't...

16 hours ago, bitonti said:

this is a bad year to want to trade down 

there are very few potential targets for a trade up (Haskins basically) and only a couple teams the Jets can deal with (Jacksonville the most likely. NYG and DEN too much bad blood)

by the way Fish we've followed this team and this league a long time and you can take this for what it's worth but IMO the Offensive line drought coming out of college is far worse than the QB drought. there are no Orlando Paces or Jon Ogdens anymore. There's rarely a Tyron Smith or Trent Williams. And now there aren't even D Bricks coming out. 

there are guys perhaps in other years but Jonah Williams would be a round 2 player ten years ago. It's the shortage that pushes him up and side note he might not even be better than Beachum or Shell. 

it's still a reach for TB at 5 but they actually have a worse situation at RT in Dotson. Williams can be a RT like McGlinchey and never move to the Left side and that will be a fine pick. If the Jets take him he has to be a player he isn't.   fans say they don't mind a reach but if that guy isn't a gold jacket type everyone will freak out (and justifiably so) 

meanwhile McShay's top 32 the top 11 prospects were defense.

It's like a farmer's market just cause We want tomatoes doesn't mean they are in season.  

I disagree I see a top 10 pick either way in Jonah Williams and I do believe that he can play left tackle.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I disagree I see a top 10 pick either way in Jonah Williams and I do believe that he can play left tackle.

for the sake of argument what makes a left tackle

1) Timing - if Williams runs sub 5 second 40 (ideally sub 4.8) he will have at least some of the physical attributes needed. Terron Armstead LT for the NO Saints ran a 4.7 coming out. We don't know what his times will be. If he does workout like an elite world class athlete, that helps his stock 

2) Length - Williams height is probably fine but he needs to measure 34 inches or more on arm length or scouts will want to move him inside. Luke Joeckel is a famous example of not drafting a long enough player he moved from LT to RT to G to out of the league. There have been exceptions like Joe Thomas but Williams doesn't have Joe Thomas type of film  

3) Film - Finally looking at Williams' performance against the top defenders in this draft (the Clemson game is a good litmus) how did he play? Does he dominate players, even those who will be in the league someday? 3 overall should a dominator. I'm not like a huge Williams film buff but I don't see a ton of pancakes when he plays. 

4) Better than Beachum - this is just for Jets fans if this guy, whoever he is, isn't better than Kelvin Beachum they will start him at RT and if he's not better than SHell he starts career at guard. Which is fine but some guys go to guard and never move back. Beachum and Shell aren't the problems with this line. 

it's all early in the process and maybe you are right Killa but just hoping a player is a left tackle isn't enough 

FWIW there are other guys in other rounds and other drafts. 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

2) Length - Williams height is probably fine but he needs to measure 34 inches or more on arm length or scouts will want to move him inside. Luke Joeckel is a famous example of not drafting a long enough player he moved from LT to RT to G to out of the league. There have been exceptions like Joe Thomas but Williams doesn't have Joe Thomas type of film  

I think he just needs to have his hands up more so he can shorten the time between his punch and when the edge rusher performs a pass rushing move. On several instances, he could of had his man locked up had he been more provocative with his punch and had higher hand carriage.

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

3) Film - Finally looking at Williams' performance against the top defenders in this draft (the Clemson game is a good litmus) how did he play? Does he dominate players, even those who will be in the league someday? 3 overall should a dominator. I'm not like a huge Williams film buff but I don't see a ton of pancakes when he plays. 

Can anchor down. Good movement, flexibility when being pressed, gets to the second level very well. Can be in full recovery mode within seconds if initially beaten. Sound footwork. Likes to take a short second step but covers plenty of ground.

the rest is absolutely on Jonah to pass combine testing, I agree. I think he can play LT but he’s going to have to learn how to play around his shorter length but technique wise, he’s a very clean prospect. 

Ultimately, I’d like to trade down and still take him but that’s something we won’t know will happen until 3 months from now.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think he just needs to have his hands up more so he can shorten the time between his punch and when the edge rusher performs a pass rushing move. On several instances, he could of had his man locked up had he been more provocative with his punch and had higher hand carriage.

if he measures 33.5 arms or something there's no amount of technique that will save his draft stock. He could have an awesome career but he won't be worth the pick unless he ticks every box physically, because his film is only good or OK. It's not exceptional film. Quenton nelson buried people last year. 

if Williams goes 3 (or higher) best case he's like an Eric Fisher does his job more or less but never really lives up to high pick. his floor is Robert Gallery, Luke Joeckel level bust if he is drafted with LT expectations and an LT contract but can only play RT or G that's a problem. Especially in NY (we probably would have crucified Eric Fisher by now for not being Jon Ogden)

22 hours ago, BigO said:

You are too kind in your assessmentof Macc. If they take anything other than an OL with that 1st pick Macc must not only sign a couple FA OL but must also take one with the next pick. We need to develop the OL and stop ignoring it. 

Agreed.  I don’t see how not reaching for Jonah at 3 overall equates us automatically with having a terrible OL next year

Sign Paradis, Trent Brown and Jamon Brown 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:21 AM, nycdan said:

You have it backwards.  Our OLine was bottom at helping the running game.  Here's Footballoutsiders take on it: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

For pass-protection, we were certainly below average but not bottom.  We gave up 37 sacks which was actually tied for 12th in the league.  Now some of the credit goes to Darnold for being a good scrambler and I don't see stats for hurries or pressures but FO has our line ranked 18 for pass-pro.  

I'm not saying any of this to argue against drafting an OL, because I absolutely agree it needs a complete overhaul, but we sucked so badly at getting short yards on the ground that I wonder if the middle of our line isn't the bigger problem.

Jets OL was not good last year but it wasn’t even close to worst in the nfl.  It wasn’t even the worst OL in New York City 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if he measures 33.5 arms or something there's no amount of technique that will save his draft stock. He could have an awesome career but he won't be worth the pick unless he ticks every box physically, because his film is only good or OK. It's not exceptional film. Quenton nelson buried people last year. 

if Williams goes 3 (or higher) best case he's like an Eric Fisher does his job more or less but never really lives up to high pick. his floor is Robert Gallery, Luke Joeckel level bust if he is drafted with LT expectations and an LT contract but can only play RT or G that's a problem. Especially in NY (we probably would have crucified Eric Fisher by now for not being Jon Ogden)

It comes down to how many “ifs” Williams will have, the more “ifs” the lower he will go.  Ideally you don’t want a bunch of “ifs” for the 3rd overall pick.  

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You mentioned there being LT’s next year. Do you have anyone that intrigues you from 2020 class? I like Trey Adams but he gets hurt a bunch.

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thats within reason. Combine will matter a lot for him. 

Do OL really help themselves much at the combine?  Is a hog-fatty running a sub 5.1 40-yard dash the same thing as a RB or WR running a sub 4.4?  Does benching 30 reps vs. 15 move them up the draft board?  I just can't recall an OL who really helped themselves the way DL, LB, RB, WR etc. have at the combine.  

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You mentioned there being LT’s next year. Do you have anyone that intrigues you from 2020 class? I like Trey Adams but he gets hurt a bunch.

Problem is we're gonna win 9 games next season and not have a shot at the top LT prospects. 

35 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Do OL really help themselves much at the combine?  Is a hog-fatty running a sub 5.1 40-yard dash the same thing as a RB or WR running a sub 4.4?  Does benching 30 reps vs. 15 move them up the draft board?  I just can't recall an OL who really helped themselves the way DL, LB, RB, WR etc. have at the combine.  

It’s really about the measurement of his wingspan to find out if his reach is long enough to get the proper punch to an NFL pass rusher who is bending off the edge. A lot of the time, and this is more common on lesser prospects, OT’s with long wingspans lean on their reach to get the inside track on a edge rusher’s chest/pad but can get thrown out of a play entirely if the rusher hits you with a strong swim move and you are leaning all your weight forward and off balance..or so that’s how it’s been told to me just by watching those breakdown videos. So In this case it’s a reverse situation where Jonah has the good footwork and movement ability but his reach is the call for concern.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem is we're gonna win 9 games next season and not have a shot at the top LT prospects. 

Sign Trent Brown and start him at RT next season.  Beachum will leave as FA after next year then you move Brown to LT and Shell can go back to starting at RT in 2020

On 1/17/2019 at 1:16 AM, Nixhead said:

No free agent Left Tackles worth a damn. There are pass rushers that will be available in free agency. No brainer - you go with the O Lineman they like the best in the draft. 

I agree.  If the Jets were to manage to sign Trey Flowers and Donte Fowler or Ray or Barrett then I'm all for drafting Jonah with the #3 pick.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:55 AM, Jetpain said:

While in agreement that o line is number 1 need, and we have needed a pass rusher for what seems like forever, I can't help but see that Claiborne is a free agent and Trumaine had a poor year .  I would not be shocked to see macagnan go CB with the #3 if a trade down can't be worked out 

I don't see any scenario where they're drafting a CB #3 with the likes of a Q. Williams, J. Williams, J. Allen, Ferrell all still being available.

Archived