Forum on DK Metcalf

maury77

18 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How is that possible? 

It's not. Professional body builders cut to 3-5% for a competition. No professional athlete would ever want to be below 7% or so because it would affect performance.

1.6% might kill you. Rapoport might want to look into numbers like that before tweeting them.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:54 PM, JiF said:

In this scenario, it's not the capital measurement.  It's in addition to the fact he's not very good.  In general, I agree with your take but when you have a comparative analysis on the same team during the exact same time frame, I think production is much more relevant in terms of the analysis, especially when the gap is so extreme. And the bigger issue here is, it's not just AJ Brown that out produced Metcalf in college, he's been #4 in terms of receptions every year.

He's just a big dude who runs fast, there's not a whole lot more to like. 

Yeah i’m With you on Metcalf. I also think there are way too many intruiging WR prospects this year throughout rounds 2 to 5 to go wideout high and early

I cannot believe there is anyone who could defend Metcalf as a top 15 pick let alone top 5. The numbers above, coupled with his size make him a mid round pick at best.  

Look at the qualities that make WRs good. It’s quickness, route running, hands, spacial understanding and speed.  Does he have anything other then straight line speed and a good physique?  

Hes a mid round project at best. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:32 PM, thshadow said:

7.38 in the 3-cone?  Isn't that concerning?

Yes, it puts him right back to where he belongs....around the 4th/5th round.  This verify's why he only ran 2 routes in college.  Straight line speed is great, in track.  Vertical leap is great, in hoops.  As a WR in the NFL, you need to able to move your feet a lot faster than this roid head.  

This dude will have to totally alter his body and develop a skill that really isnt something you can develop to make it in the NFL.  I see a very short career out of Metcalf a; injury b; he sucks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 3:23 PM, Rolloffjet said:

Dk Come to the jets 

75E13913-FE40-42E2-8086-90230D1FC2A2.gif

Obviously you don't watch a lot of SEC football. If he's good why didn't he make the 1st OR 2nd all SEC team ? And you want him at #3? Seriously watch the tapes.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, JiF said:

Yes, it puts him right back to where he belongs....around the 4th/5th round.  This verify's why he only ran 2 routes in college.  Straight line speed is great, in track.  Vertical leap is great, in hoops.  As a WR in the NFL, you need to able to move your feet a lot faster than this roid head.  

This dude will have to totally alter his body and develop a skill that really isnt something you can develop to make it in the NFL.  I see a very short career out of Metcalf a; injury b; he sucks. 

Once he's drafted in whatever round you will never hear from him again, till he gets cuts. Film don't lie.

7 hours ago, BCJet said:

So Ive been pretty against Metcalf as a top prospect, however this is an excellent breakdown of his ability.

The most interesting thing is that Calvin Johnson never ran a 3 cone at the combine or his pro-day.  

BC, you seem like a cool dude, but be careful with Brett Kolmann's videos. Does anyone else remember this beauty from Brett Kolmann?

Archived