Countdown to the Draft (7 days)! What are your draft day plans?

jetstream23

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I used to do fun things for the draft.  

Then I got married and produced two kids who are now 4 and 1.

Now my draft night will consist of me being asked multiple times "what's the point of watching this, they aren't even playing" and being asked even more frequently if we can change it to Muppet Babies.

Man, does this speak to me...(34 years old with a near 1 year old)

-I will take a nap after work on Thursday (So I don't old man fall asleep during the draft)

-I will watch the draft with MAYBE 2-3 beers (Each time a take a sip, I will feel/see the side eye from my wife)

-After the 1st round has concluded, I will go straight to bed so that my old ass can get to work tomorrow (Again, so I don't fall asleep)

15 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

It’s my son’s second birthday that day.  I was considering taking him to the Jets Draft Party but looks like the field won’t be open.  I thought he may enjoy running around the field but if it’s closed it’s kind of pointless to go.  

He also now knows the Jets logo and goes nuts anytime he sees it pointing and yelling so that was another reason to bring him.  

What’s your son’s opinion on the new logo?

Same thing as last year.  I never miss a super hero opening show, so I will be at Avengers Endgame for 6, and then coming home, and playing Mortal Kombat while I wait for 2 or 3AM when it replays in full.  I'm going to avoid my phone, message boards and everything else, so its as if I'm watching it live 

Same as every other year, I will be sitting, watching the draft in my family room.  TV tuned to ESPN or NFLN.  JN on the laptop.  Phone by my side to text my son as the draft plays out.  At some point, wife will walk by, shake her head and call me an idiot (something that happens a lot). 

"I don't know how you can sit here and watch this.  Sit in front of the TV for 4 hours just so they can announce a few names.  And then you are going to get yourself all excited over the new guy.  Its gonna be different this year.  This guy will make the Jets a winner.  Its finally gonna happen.  You are worse than Charlie Brown kicking the football.  Lucy always pulls it away.  And the Jets always suck."  Then she disappears into the other room to watch some crazy bitch housewives show.

Every year.  Like clockwork.  The Charlie Brown analogy.  2 more weeks.  Its coming.

Then on day 2, I am taking her to see Billy Joel in Milwaukee.  Which will be an interesting test.  If I like what they do on Day 2, maybe I need to just stop watching the draft.  But then I would hear the I told you sos.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

It’s my son’s second birthday that day.  I was considering taking him to the Jets Draft Party but looks like the field won’t be open.  I thought he may enjoy running around the field but if it’s closed it’s kind of pointless to go.  

He also now knows the Jets logo and goes nuts anytime he sees it pointing and yelling so that was another reason to bring him.  

Saw that about watching from the stands.

If it was on the field I would make a night of it.

I may still go but it will be a "hit and run".

Archived