Broncos-Ex Jet Falah out for the year/Torn Achilles

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-ol-nico-falah-suffers-season-ending-achilles-injury/ar-AABkRSe?ocid=spartanntp

Denver Broncos offensive lineman Nico Falah is expected to be placed on injured reserve after suffering a season-ending Achilles injury at practice Monday. The injury happened on Day 1 of the team's organized team activities.

Falah (6-4, 301 pounds) entered the league as an undrafted free agent out of USC with the Tennessee Titans last year. After failing to make the Titans' 53-man roster, he signed with the New York Jets' practice squad.

Denver signed Falah off New York's practice squad last year and he spent the final 10 weeks of the season on the Broncos' active roster. He is yet to appear in a regular season NFL game.

Falah tweeted Monday that he's keeping a positive mindset.

Had he not suffered an Achilles injury, he likely could have won the team's backup center job this summer. The only true center currently on the team's roster is undrafted free agent Ryan Crozier.

Denver is expected to have guards Connor McGovern, Dalton Risner, Sam Jones and Austin Schlottmann spend time at center this season. At the moment, McGovern appears to be the favorite to win the starting job.

After placing Falah on injured reserve, the Broncos will have an open spot on the 90-man offseason roster.

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

McGovern was drafted by the cowboys not Denver.

Seriously!  Who writes and/or fact checks these articles.  It wasn't even written in passing....they mentioned McGovern twice and talked specifically about him being expected to win the job. lol

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Seriously!  Who writes and/or fact checks these articles.  It wasn't even written in passing....they mentioned McGovern twice and talked specifically about him being expected to win the job. lol

I think sometimes they feel that no one is going to read things that closely. No excuse for it.

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's a different Connor McGovern. Denver drafted a guy by that name 4 years ago.

Yes...bizarrely, there are two interior OL in the NFL called Connor McGovern.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/broncos-ol-nico-falah-suffers-season-ending-achilles-injury/ar-AABkRSe?ocid=spartanntp

Denver Broncos offensive lineman Nico Falah is expected to be placed on injured reserve after suffering a season-ending Achilles injury at practice Monday. The injury happened on Day 1 of the team's organized team activities.

Falah (6-4, 301 pounds) entered the league as an undrafted free agent out of USC with the Tennessee Titans last year. After failing to make the Titans' 53-man roster, he signed with the New York Jets' practice squad.

Denver signed Falah off New York's practice squad last year and he spent the final 10 weeks of the season on the Broncos' active roster. He is yet to appear in a regular season NFL game.

Falah tweeted Monday that he's keeping a positive mindset.

Had he not suffered an Achilles injury, he likely could have won the team's backup center job this summer. The only true center currently on the team's roster is undrafted free agent Ryan Crozier.

Denver is expected to have guards Connor McGovern, Dalton Risner, Sam Jones and Austin Schlottmann spend time at center this season. At the moment, McGovern appears to be the favorite to win the starting job.

After placing Falah on injured reserve, the Broncos will have an open spot on the 90-man offseason roster.

Are you saying we dodged a bullet?

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

Has medicine progressed at all with Achilles?

Not really. Ice, rest, stretching etc is about it. Mine's been fairly well the last 35 years but I still have a lump right where it tore. Worse thing is that I was on a 2:53 pace.

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Not really. Ice, rest, stretching etc is about it. Mine's been fairly well the last 35 years but I still have a lump right where it tore. Worse thing is that I was on a 2:53 pace.

Yeah I would imagine, can't use staples and screws?

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

There are now two connor McGovern's in the NFL. Not sure if there is a different spelling

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

You realize that we're talking about MSN here.  Checking facts and reporting the truth are foreign concepts to them.

About Connor McGovern.  I'm a Penn State fan.  I didn't shed any tears when the Jets "missed out" on him in the draft.  Their Offensive Line play this year was, well, "offensive".  In my opinion he was over drafted, over rated and will be no more than "average" as a professional.

Sorry for Falah.  Don't like to see that happen to any young player.  Not even a bronco, or for that matter, even a  Patriocheat.