Now with an agenda or not we can all agree why Gase

Gase is a better version of Mangini.  I’m amazed at the backlash from jets fans after 4 years of empty suit Bowles you’d think they would be happy we have an ass kicker now
He proved to be an asskicker in Miami by winning so many games and leaving the team flooded with talent so that they can contend for many years

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Why exactly do we hate Gase now? If you didnt hate him before there is no reason to do so now. He did no differently than many here did but he had the ear of someone with the power to do something about it. Let's see him coach before all these ridiculous statements about hating him because he ran off someone most of us hated.

Geez

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 3

You do understand that "being in his corner" means nothing, right?  I mean in all seriousness, you understand on an intellectual level that what we say here on JN has zero effect on anything whatseover.  You could preverbially suck his dick here, it won;t win any more games for Gase, and I could loathe him and curse his name to Slaggoth, Mad God of the insane outer realms, all day long....and yep, it wouldn't mean or change anything.
I'm not "in his corner".  I'm in the Jets and lifelong Jets Fans corner.  Ownership could use being alot more like me.  My respect for individuals is earned, not given before he's coached a single down.  And nothing he's done to-date warrants being in his corner as yet. 
If anything, that seems to be what makes me different from so many of you, and so disliked by some.  The day anyone becomes a Jet, some of you love them unquestionably, like a family member.  I don't.  I evaluate their past to the best of my ability, I want to discuss facts about their record to-date, and have intellectually stimulating debates with like minded rational people over them, their potential future, etc.  I don't want to be like Pats Fan forums and just blow these guys endlessly (or be banned) as if that helped them in some way.  What's the point of a forum if we'll going to +1 so shallow positive pablum over and over?  

Fish - have you ever tried CBD oil? I hear it’s very good at helping people relax, and while I’m not a medical professional, I really think you might benefit from it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 5/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, nico002 said:

Overrated diva cancers hated Gase- most players did not.

please a good coach get players to perform it was not just over rated diva's also it was players that felt if you weren't one of his guys as well.. I have some press proof on mine these were vets that came out. Gase is a head case. I tell you what say what you want to about McCarthy but at least he has a winning a record and a superbowl

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

— Chris Kouffman (@ckparrot) December 31, 2018

On 5/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, Warfish said:

How many  did Gase make the past three years?

When did Gase become such a spectacular talent and mind in Jets Fans eyes?  Was it just AFTER we hired him?  I think there is a word for that kind of flippy-floppity thing....

More, aside from a couple years with the greatest QB who ever lived not named Brady, what exactly has Gase done to warrant such unbridled faith at this point? 

All very valid points.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Which he followed up by destroying the roster and making the dolphins one of the worst teams in the sport. It reminds me alot of when rex came here . Really the funny part here is I believe they shared a common factor in the front office

By “destroying the roster” you mean still having a better record than the jets despite two crappy quarterbacks?

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, Warfish said:

More, aside from a couple years with the greatest QB who ever lived not named Brady, what exactly has Gase done to warrant such unbridled faith at this point? 

Made the playoffs with Tebow as his QB?  Have Tebow go to the playoffs, throw for over 300 yards and beat the Steelers?

Take Cutler off the scrap heap and have him play as a top QB where he never did before?  Help Chicago contend?  

Go to Miami and make a scrub like Tannehill throw 4200+ yds, 24 TDs and only 12 INTs.  

More to the point, he's had positive results with every QB, everywhere hes coached.  Each place.  To ask this question makes it sound like hes had limited success, only in one spot. 

And on top of this, one of his successes, Manning you neglect the point that he had his best season ever, at an advanced age with Gase.  Not just another Manning year, his best ever.  And its Gase who Manning credits for it.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Which he followed up by destroying the roster and making the dolphins one of the worst teams in the sport. It reminds me alot of when rex came here . Really the funny part here is I believe they shared a common factor in the front office

One of the worst teams in the sport drafted in the middle of the draft, in a season where they lost their starting QB and were stuck trying to win games with Osweiller.  And still went into the final weeks of the season with a chance at making the playoffs.

By not paying Landry as the top WR in football?  As Cleveland did and by the end of the season winding up as their 3rd WR?  Thats a negative?

By getting rid of Ajayi, who just about everyone has conceded refused to buy into the system and was a malcontent in Miami?  Who gets blamed for Holmes attitude, Holmes or his HCs?  

What do you believe they shared in the FO?  Gase had GM duties forced on him, a job he didnt want, as everyone involved has admitted.  Rex wanted more GM responsibilities.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

By “destroying the roster” you mean still having a better record than the jets despite two crappy quarterbacks?

we to ge honest the guy is an ego manic but bowles is the worse coach that is not saying much for gase he is better tehn bowkles but I think 3/4s of the fans here are better coaches then bowles

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Made the playoffs with Tebow as his QB?  Have Tebow go to the playoffs, throw for over 300 yards and beat the Steelers?

Take Cutler off the scrap heap and have him play as a top QB where he never did before?  Help Chicago contend?  

Go to Miami and make a scrub like Tannehill throw 4200+ yds, 24 TDs and only 12 INTs.  

More to the point, he's had positive results with every QB, everywhere hes coached.  Each place.  To ask this question makes it sound like hes had limited success, only in one spot. 

And on top of this, one of his successes, Manning you neglect the point that he had his best season ever, at an advanced age with Gase.  Not just another Manning year, his best ever.  And its Gase who Manning credits for it.  

and still has a loosing record

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

One of the worst teams in the sport drafted in the middle of the draft, in a season where they lost their starting QB and were stuck trying to win games with Osweiller.  And still went into the final weeks of the season with a chance at making the playoffs.

By not paying Landry as the top WR in football?  As Cleveland did and by the end of the season winding up as their 3rd WR?  Thats a negative?

By getting rid of Ajayi, who just about everyone has conceded refused to buy into the system and was a malcontent in Miami?  Who gets blamed for Holmes attitude, Holmes or his HCs?  

What do you believe they shared in the FO?  Gase had GM duties forced on him, a job he didnt want, as everyone involved has admitted.  Rex wanted more GM responsibilities.

there is a right way and wrong way to do things. gase rubs people the wrong way you may not care fine but for a coach that has not won anything and has a loosing record, I dont understand what people see in him. Have you brought into he is qb coach maybe but he never developed a young qb. He has worked with guys in the league a few yrs. People think he helped manning be better but maybe it is the opposite effect manning helped him more?

30 minutes ago, rammagen said:

and still has a loosing record

Because he still was the HC of a team that lost its starting QB for almost two out of his three seasons as a HC.  By two games.  

Do you believe with RT as his QB for all three years he wouldn't have won two or more additional games? 

The W/L record isn't the final answer here. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, rammagen said:

there is a right way and wrong way to do things. gase rubs people the wrong way you may not care fine but for a coach that has not won anything and has a loosing record, I dont understand what people see in him. Have you brought into he is qb coach maybe but he never developed a young qb. He has worked with guys in the league a few yrs. People think he helped manning be better but maybe it is the opposite effect manning helped him more?

Says three or so players in Miami and the guy who fired him. 

Belichick rubs people the wrong way.  He didn't get the HC job w/Giants because he rubbed the Maras the wrong way.  He rubbed people the wrong way in Cleveland and without enough talent it was a problem.  His start in NE almost got him fired, mostly because he was losing with his attitude.  Gets talent and now rubbing people the wrong way isn't a big problem, f them.  

Parcells rubbed people the wrong way, went 3-12-1 and was close to being fired.  Losing and attitude didn't work for the Maras.  Got enough talent, won and they did all they could do to stop his "retirement"

If Gases only successful run was with Manning maybe.  Other than he had his all time best year under Gase.  That the Broncos as a team had an all time best offense under Gase.  Everyone. Dwells on Manning, forgets Tebow, Cutler and Tannehill.  Neither an all time anything.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The Denver Tebow team was ranked 25th in points and 23rd in scoring.  They were also a fluky, lucky and oddball 8-8 team.  We don't celebrate Chan Gailey, despite doing vastly more here with Fitzpatrick than Gase did with Tebow.

Culter wasn't on "the scrapheap", he'd been the starter in Chicago for six seasons before Gase arrived there.  The year before Gase arrived, Cutler threw for 3,812 & 28 TD's.  With Gase he threw for 3,659 and 21 TD's.  Gase did not "salvage" Cutler nor materially improve Cutler's production.

You may want to recheck your numbers of Tannehill, thats his numbers from 2015, the year BEFORE Gase arrived in Miami.  Tannehill never threw for 4,000 yards under Gase.  Gase arrived in 2016 in Miami, and that year Tannell had his worst year of his career, throwing for 2,995 yards and 19 TD's.  The two years before Gase arrived (2014 and 2015) the "scrub" Tannehill threw for over 4,000 yards both years, and 27 and 24 TD's respectively.  Gase made Tannehill worse, not better.

Your claim of "made every QB better" is simply not supported by the numbers.  He worked with Manning, who had great, but not unusual-for-Manning, years with Gase in Denver.  2013 was admitted spectacular, but I would question any claim that Gase deserves most of the credit for it.  Manning, who had similar years a number of times before, and the talent on that O deserve the credit, and history shows Gase has never come close to repeating such a year with an offense he controlled.  He worked with Cutler, who was just as good or better before Gase than with Gase,  He worked with Tannehill, who was materially better before Gase than with Gase. 

All of these numbers are available for those interested to look.  

His recent history speaks for itself, bottom of league ranks four years in a row when he controlled the offense.  Also of note, he has no record of ever working with or developing a young QB, he's exclusively worked with older veterans, Manning in his 16th year.  Culter in his 10th year.  Tannehill in his 5th year.  Well, and that one fluke year with Tebow, if that's what you want to hang your hat on...

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:35 AM, jetstream23 said:

This. 

I don’t have unbridled faith in Gase but I’d rather give him a shot than keep Macc or try Mike McCarthy. 

Agreed. I haven't seen anyone in the NFL argue that Gase is over his head. There are some pretty strong defenders of Gase as a very smart X's and O's guy (some would say brilliant). Sorting through the rubble of why he might have underachieved at Miami, or why he overachieved at Denver seems a hopeless task. There is enough controversy to make this an interesting adventure. Assuming the Jets hire a GM quickly and he can get along with Gase, we will soon be back to focusing on the Jets as a football team, not Ringling Brothers (one can hope!). My biggest fear going forward? That new GM and Gase decide to erase and start another rebuild. My biggest hope going forward? That there is a reasonably happy marriage of GM and HC and some smart decisions are made to enhance what we have. If nothing else, it will be very interesting to see what Gase and the new GM will do, now that they have the reins. I'm honestly cautiously optimistic that things will settle, not get worse.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Denver Tebow team was ranked 25th in points and 23rd in scoring.  They were also a fluky, lucky and oddball 8-8 team.  We don't celebrate Chan Gailey, despite doing vastly more here with Fitzpatrick than Gase did with Tebow.

Culter wasn't on "the scrapheap", he'd been the starter in Chicago for six seasons before Gase arrived there.  The year before Gase arrived, Cutler threw for 3,812 & 28 TD's.  With Gase he threw for 3,659 and 21 TD's.  Gase did not "salvage" Cutler nor materially improve Cutler's production.

You may want to recheck your numbers of Tannehill, thats his numbers from 2015, the year BEFORE Gase arrived in Miami.  Tannehill never threw for 4,000 yards under Gase.  Gase arrived in 2016 in Miami, and that year Tannell had his worst year of his career, throwing for 2,995 yards and 19 TD's.  The two years before Gase arrived (2014 and 2015) the "scrub" Tannehill threw for over 4,000 yards both years, and 27 and 24 TD's respectively.  Gase made Tannehill worse, not better.

Your claim of "made every QB better" is simply not supported by the numbers.  He worked with Manning, who had great, but not unusual-for-Manning, years with Gase in Denver.  2013 was admitted spectacular, but I would question any claim that Gase deserves most of the credit for it.  Manning, who had similar years a number of times before, and the talent on that O deserve the credit, and history shows Gase has never come close to repeating such a year with an offense he controlled.  He worked with Cutler, who was just as good or better before Gase than with Gase,  He worked with Tannehill, who was materially better before Gase than with Gase. 

His recent history speaks for itself, bottom of league ranks four years in a row when he controlled the offense.  Also of note, he has no record of ever working with or developing a young QB, he's exclusively worked with older veterans, Manning in his 16th year.  Culter in his 10th year.  Tannehill in his 5th year.  Well, and that one fluke year with Tebow, if that's what you want to hang your hat on...

Geezus, I'll just address the Tannehill part, which is grade-school level assessment... (what happened to the Warfish I used to know?). This is complete garbage. Have you ever heard of injuries and how they impact a QB's stats? What part of this is on Gase?

2016 season[edit]

In 2016, after a 1–4 start, the Dolphins won six straight games, and finish the season on a 9–2 run and 10–6 overall.[74] Tannehill played in 13 games, missing three due to injury. With their Week 16 win over the Bills, the Dolphins clinched a winning record and a playoff berth for the first time since 2008.[75][76] Tannehill finished the season with a career-high 67.1 completion percentage, 2,995 yards, 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.[77]

2017 season[edit]

On August 3, 2017, Tannehill suffered an injury to his left leg in the team's first non-contact 11-on-11 practice of season. After limping off the field, it was reported that the team feared he tore his ACL and would require season-ending surgery.[78] On August 6, the team signed recently retired quarterback Jay Cutler to act as Tannehill's replacement.[79] On August 11, Tannehill agreed to have surgery to repair the torn ACL, officially keeping him out of the 2017 season.[80][81] He was placed on injured reserve the following day.[82]

2018 season[edit]

On March 1, 2018, head coach Adam Gase announced that Tannehill would remain the starting quarterback for the Dolphins.[83]

During Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans, the game was delayed twice due to lightning storms. In his return from injury, Tannehill finished with 230 passing yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions as the Dolphins won 27–20.[84] In Week 3, Tannehill recorded a 155.3 passer rating and had 289 passing yards and three passing touchdowns in the 28–20 victory over the Oakland Raiders.[85] Tannehill was inactive during the Week 6 game against the Chicago Bears due to a shoulder injury.[86] Brock Osweiler started in Tannehill's place until Week 12. In Week 14,

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he still was the HC of a team that lost its starting QB for almost two out of his three seasons as a HC.  By two games.  

Do you believe with RT as his QB for all three years he wouldn't have won two or more additional games? 

still has a loosing record ran players off with his ego and got into shouting matches with the owner. That sounds like a stable genius to me. Not the guy is an ahole with a loosing record who act like he is an all time great he isn't

win-lose record is not the measuring factor? sorry but I disagree, you judge a coach on this and the players he developed and he has not developed a qb from a young age and has a loosing record.

All indicators point to him being a failure.and this team the way they handed him the power is joke. I hope I am wrong but why would you give this much contril and then influence to a coach with a loosing record who pisses off everyone?

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Says three or so players in Miami and the guy who fired him. 

Belichick rubs people the wrong way.  He didn't get the HC job w/Giants because he rubbed the Maras the wrong way.  He rubbed people the wrong way in Cleveland and without enough talent it was a problem.  His start in NE almost got him fired, mostly because he was losing with his attitude.  Gets talent and now rubbing people the wrong way isn't a big problem, f them.  

Parcells rubbed people the wrong way, went 3-12-1 and was close to being fired.  Losing and attitude didn't work for the Maras.  Got enough talent, won and they did all they could do to stop his "retirement"

If Gases only successful run was with Manning maybe.  Other than he had his all time best year under Gase.  That the Broncos as a team had an all time best offense under Gase.  Everyone. Dwells on Manning, forgets Tebow, Cutler and Tannehill.  Neither an all time anything.

he regressed tannehill and the did average with cutler and did great with a HOF QB...who made who? So now you are comparing Parcells to gates. Parcells may have rubbed owners the wrong way but did he scream at them? He also got most of his stars to buy into his system which in Miami Gase did not.

For every argument you have there is a counter point you refuse to see and take into account.

Face it these were not just stars in Miami complaining

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

some thoughts from around twitter. I get you like Gase but face it a good portion of the fans dont like him, and tyhought the hire was garbage and this is just the cheery on top

Ladies & Gentlemen, the interim General Manager of your New York Jets pic.twitter.com/YEveANRWtY

— OrdioMongo (@OrdioMongo) May 15, 2019

Adam Gase went from coaching the #Dolphins to a 13-19 record the past two seasons to running the #Jets all by himself. Head coach and active GM. pic.twitter.com/fCFV2cT5ti

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 15, 2019

When you find out the #Jets fired its GM just as camp sets to open next month… pic.twitter.com/rkLJJoHfNU

— Joseph Spector (@GannettAlbany) May 15, 2019

Jets GM Lmao pic.twitter.com/LBH3KyPCiy

— Deb-Brah ? (@debswim2010) May 15, 2019

My reaction when I see Adam Gase is the new Interim General Manager of the New York Jets…..?? pic.twitter.com/hVqj3AZFfv

— Michael Chin (@MichaelChin30) May 15, 2019

#Jets front office: let’s make Gase the GM. We will prosper.

All of us: pic.twitter.com/ysopXMd5Mr

— Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) May 15, 2019

Jets: Hey, we need you to be the GM until we find a replacement.
Adam Gase: pic.twitter.com/ORRG0DpvWW

— Prince Ali Ababwa (@FreshPrince_092) May 15, 2019

Wonder which players Adam Gase will eye first as acting GM pic.twitter.com/If3ZQwiqLI

— Cameron DaSilva (@camdasilva) May 15, 2019

Me after hearing that Adam Gase is Jets interim GM: pic.twitter.com/YTml8CtzYS

— Michael Perchick (@MichaelPerchick) May 15, 2019

Gase be like… pic.twitter.com/cP3vH3CMJ5

— Scott Wapner (@ScottWapnerCNBC) May 15, 2019

Knicks fans: We have the worst franchise in New York.

Jets fans [12 hours later]: pic.twitter.com/GIeQaRWxC5

— Siraj Hashmi (@SirajAHashmi) May 15, 2019

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

This is a whole lot of bandwidth wasted on trying to sell a coach who made his bones being a offensive genius type.  Who has success with Tebow and we're complaining that they were better than only 6 teams.  Only beat the Steelers in the playoffs.  That he turned Cutler into a good QB.  Tannehill.  Who in no way was better before Gase.  Who would be the Jets all time leading passer for a season. 

Belichick is Defensive genius.  I can find lots of seasons where his teams finished neat the bottom of the league.  Difference is Jets fans aren't doing the criticizing

53 minutes ago, rammagen said:

still has a loosing record ran players off with his ego and got into shouting matches with the owner. That sounds like a stable genius to me. Not the guy is an ahole with a loosing record who act like he is an all time great he isn't

win-lose record is not the measuring factor? sorry but I disagree, you judge a coach on this and the players he developed and he has not developed a qb from a young age and has a loosing record.

All indicators point to him being a failure.and this team the way they handed him the power is joke. I hope I am wrong but why would you give this much contril and then influence to a coach with a loosing record who pisses off everyone?

By two games with his QB our 2of3 seasons.  His last three seasons in GB McCarthy was worse.  No one cares

45 minutes ago, rammagen said:

he regressed tannehill and the did average with cutler and did great with a HOF QB...who made who? So now you are comparing Parcells to gates. Parcells may have rubbed owners the wrong way but did he scream at them? He also got most of his stars to buy into his system which in Miami Gase did not.

For every argument you have there is a counter point you refuse to see and take into account.

Face it these were not just stars in Miami complaining

some thoughts from around twitter. I get you like Gase but face it a good portion of the fans dont like him, and tyhought the hire was garbage and this is just the cheery on top

Ladies & Gentlemen, the interim General Manager of your New York Jets pic.twitter.com/YEveANRWtY

— OrdioMongo (@OrdioMongo) May 15, 2019

Adam Gase went from coaching the #Dolphins to a 13-19 record the past two seasons to running the #Jets all by himself. Head coach and active GM. pic.twitter.com/fCFV2cT5ti

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 15, 2019

When you find out the #Jets fired its GM just as camp sets to open next month… pic.twitter.com/rkLJJoHfNU

— Joseph Spector (@GannettAlbany) May 15, 2019

Jets GM Lmao pic.twitter.com/LBH3KyPCiy

— Deb-Brah ? (@debswim2010) May 15, 2019

My reaction when I see Adam Gase is the new Interim General Manager of the New York Jets…..?? pic.twitter.com/hVqj3AZFfv

— Michael Chin (@MichaelChin30) May 15, 2019

#Jets front office: let’s make Gase the GM. We will prosper.

All of us: pic.twitter.com/ysopXMd5Mr

— Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) May 15, 2019

Jets: Hey, we need you to be the GM until we find a replacement.
Adam Gase: pic.twitter.com/ORRG0DpvWW

— Prince Ali Ababwa (@FreshPrince_092) May 15, 2019

Wonder which players Adam Gase will eye first as acting GM pic.twitter.com/If3ZQwiqLI

— Cameron DaSilva (@camdasilva) May 15, 2019

Me after hearing that Adam Gase is Jets interim GM: pic.twitter.com/YTml8CtzYS

— Michael Perchick (@MichaelPerchick) May 15, 2019

Gase be like… pic.twitter.com/cP3vH3CMJ5

— Scott Wapner (@ScottWapnerCNBC) May 15, 2019

Knicks fans: We have the worst franchise in New York.

Jets fans [12 hours later]: pic.twitter.com/GIeQaRWxC5

— Siraj Hashmi (@SirajAHashmi) May 15, 2019

Twitter posts.  Blogs written by fans. Might make more sense to look at things like Tannehills season instead of posting he regressed when he didn't.  The first season when Tannehill led the fins to the playoffs.  And basically saying the same things about Cutler. 

Even better, let's see what he does here in a few months instead of predicting doom and gloom and all the other baseless nonsense that this fanbase would rather talk about over their FQB, stud RB, stud MLB, young emerging TE......whining is more fun and arguing over every aspect of the team

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It is here

45 minutes ago, peebag said:

It is here

He hasn't coached here.  We're not talking about what's he's done.  People are talking about being 2 games under .500 in Miami.  Forgetting he made the playoffs with a half assed team and then had trouble replicating that without a QB for most of the next two seasons. 

Let's see what he does with Darnold and the Jets. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

This is a whole lot of bandwidth wasted on trying to sell a coach who made his bones being a offensive genius type.  Who has success with Tebow and we're complaining that they were better than only 6 teams.  Only beat the Steelers in the playoffs.  That he turned Cutler into a good QB.  Tannehill.  Who in no way was better before Gase.  Who would be the Jets all time leading passer for a season. 

Belichick is Defensive genius.  I can find lots of seasons where his teams finished neat the bottom of the league.  Difference is Jets fans aren't doing the criticizing

Well, at least YOU didn't waste alot of bandwidth with facts or reading, and just restated your previous factually deficient post.

It's hard to debate with someone who has no intention of reading anything, much less understanding it.  

Tell me again how Tannehill had 4,000 yards under Gase and how Gase made him so much better, I always enjoy that one....

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yep. Why we have to give mac some credit. He was such a bad gm, that we almost always picking top 6 with him, allowing us to get close even to trade up for darnold. Miami could not have traded up so far back.. but now that we have darnold, we need a gm who is gonna be drafting bottom of the first round yearly ?