OTA Thread

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed. I wonder if Gregg Williams will be so forgiving as far as Trumaine is concerned??

Given Trumaine Johnson has played under Gregg Williams previously, to some decent success, I'm sure Johnson is very aware of the expectations. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed. I wonder if Gregg Williams will be so forgiving as far as Trumaine is concerned??

On the bright side Trumaine knows William's Defense. It gives other guys more reps maybe there a diamond in the rough scenario  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

I can't ever remember being this optimistic about a Jet QB, but the 50+ year Jet fan in me keeps pumping the brakes.  I need to see it play out on the field, starting in September, before I completely buy in.

I hear you. Trust me, I get that part. That’s why I’m saying wait till he gets started. It’s gonna be something special. I feel it in my bones.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pat Mahomes who? I’m telling you. Let Darnold get going this year. 

You will all finally STFU about 2017, Baker, all that bs.

Because he is watching videos of Peyton Manning?  Don't you remember the annual articles about how Tebow and Hackenberg overhauled their throwing motions?  I am very optimistic about Darnold, but this blurb is as meaningless as how he performs at Madden. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Because he is watching videos of Peyton Manning?  Don't you remember the annual articles about how Tebow and Hackenberg overhauled their throwing motions?  I am very optimistic about Darnold, but this blurb is as meaningless as how he performs at Madden. 

I do think it says something about his work ethic.  What it will mean in terms of on-field performance, who knows.  But I do like the idea that Sam is studying one of the best ever and wants to be the best he can be.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It’s not that he’s studying Manning. It’s that he actually has the ability to be great and he’s using his time to make sure he becomes just that. 

Bryce Petty playing Madden or Hackenberg trying to hit an ocean is a just a different feeling when I read it. 

I actually think the work put in will show for Sam. Not so much for the other examples.

• Upvote 2

On 5/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, FloridaJetsFan said:

I'm from Northampton - married a Whitehall girl. Her cousin is the superintendent of Parkland school district.

Went to Lehigh University, met my eventual wife there.  Although, I did "date" a girl from Kutztown U for a night. lol

• Sympathy 2