Le'Veon Bell won't be playing in Jets preseason opener

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yes.. absolutely the same s*** he pulled in Pittsburgh

Le'Veon Bell is the best skill player this franchise has ever had.  Worrying about a handful of preseason snaps is going to seem silly by about Bell's 5th touch of week 1.

Relax dude.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yes.. absolutely the same s*** he pulled in Pittsburgh

“It’s a fine line with Le’Veon. He hasn’t played in a year,” Gase said on Tuesday as the Jets prepared to face the Giants at MetLife Stadium on Thursday. “At the same time, when’s the right time? Is it this game? Is it the next one? Is it the next one [after that]? Do we just not play him this preseason? Do we go through the whole time and just give him [practice] reps? All those questions, those are what we keep talking about.”

Last year with the Dolphins, Gase was determined not to use his starting running back Frank Gore in the preseason. Gore, however, wanted to play, and was frequently in his office lobbying to get in a game, until Gase played him one series in the third game.

“It’s maddening with a guy that wants to play that bad,” he said.

Gase hasn’t had the same problem with Bell. He said the two discussed how he would be used during the preseason, and Bell told him: “’Whatever you tell me you want to do, that’s what we’ll do.’ So, he’s been outstanding in that area.”

“It’s tough,” Gase said. “This is not as easy [as last year]. Whatever decision we make heading into this stuff, we’ll all be good with.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/adam-gases-preseason-plan-for-leveon-bell-up-in-the-air/

• Upvote 1

LOL maybe I'm just overly excited to see this thing get moving. For the record as soon as Gase and Greg Williams became available, I had mentioned them as top candidates for our head coach position and we got them both. The last few years have been dragging big time and I'm psyched and have high expectations and I'm very optimistic. God damn it I want to see it already!

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Someone else called you that in another argument you were having with someone. JK 

Thats why I said a couple of hours late.

Be nice with the name calling or I'll have to put YOU on ignore, LOL

go away goodbye GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

A handful of reps in a preseason game? What do they really accomplish?

Give Bell a couple of carries... throw him a pass... maybe ask him to make a block in pass pro. 

Will the above really make a difference come week 1 for an All-Pro that has played RB since high school?  Or are the hundreds of reps in practice this Summer enough?

Every year some important players fall victim to serious injury during a preseason game.

I'm sorry.  Putting Le'Veon Bell on the field for meaningless games at that position makes little sense to me.

Just curious, would your opinion change if Bell fumbles the exchange with Darnold three or four times the first game or two, and drops two or three passes a game?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, would your opinion change if Bell fumbles the exchange with Darnold three or four times the first game or two, and drops two or three passes a game?

I have been trying to come up with an answer to your question and it is gonna have a little playful snark to it.  Hopefully, we're cool War.

The chances I change my mind are substantially greater than the odds Le'Veon Bell has as many mishaps as you describe.

I've watched him play since he was a Spartan.  His hands are fantastic, and he rarely fumbles.  One of your scenarios might happen.  But not enough IMO to attribute it to whether or not he gets some preseason action.

Bell is the best acquisition this franchise has made since Mawae and CuMar.  Some think the Jets overpaid for a RB.  I think they got a bargain. I stand by that and will continue to do so until I am either proven right, it looks like a wash, or I look like an idiot.  At which time those that remember this can partake in a RoadFan roast.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I have been trying to come up with an answer to your question and it is gonna have a little playful snark to it.  Hopefully, we're cool War.

Lol, no worries at all.

The chances I change my mind are substantially greater than the odds Le'Veon Bell has as many mishaps as you describe.

I would agree.  

I've watched him play since he was a Spartan.  His hands are fantastic, and he rarely fumbles.  One of your scenarios might happen.  But not enough IMO to attribute it to whether or not he gets some preseason action.

Bell is the best acquisition this franchise has made since Mawae and CuMar.  Some think the Jets overpaid for a RB.  I think they got a bargain. I stand by that and will continue to do so until I am either proven right, it looks like a wash, or I look like an idiot.  At which time those that remember this can partake in a RoadFan roast.

I agree he is an exceptional talent, and an on-paper excellent addition.  Just what the Doctor ordered, as they say.

I was just curious, honestly not a troll, if an unusual amount of unforced errors by the sitting player might change your view on the value of repetitions in preseason.  There was no "right" answer, only opinions.

I myself am for the complete end to Preseason, to be replaced by more practice, scrimages and two more real games.  So I'm certainly not beholden to the value of preseason snaps in many ways.

• Upvote 1

Meh, I wouldn't really care if none of the vets or skill position guys played at all.  Maybe OL, they have to get their chemistry together.

IMO the value of pre-season  games is getting your young guys used to NFL speed, and violence.  Also some guys just play better in games then they do in practice.  It's valuable in rating young guys, and getting them reps.

Really don't want to lose valuable starters in the Snoopy Bowl