Training Camp Tweet (8/11)

kdels62

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I’m curious to see how Williams is scheming Johnson. All these picks seem to be Johnson with eyes on Darnold making a break on the ball rather than smothering coverage.

My guess is that he has Johnson in man coverage but with help behind him so that he can take chances on the ball.  Tru is not close to good enough to leave solo against a good WR, he just doesnt have the athleticism anymore.

Let him play man coverage with some help over the top and let the rest of the team mix in zone, etc. and he should be able to play much better than last year.

I’m curious to see how Williams is scheming Johnson. All these picks seem to be Johnson with eyes on Darnold making a break on the ball rather than smothering coverage.

My guess is that he has Johnson in man coverage but with help behind him so that he can take chances on the ball.  Tru is not close to good enough to leave solo against a good WR, he just doesnt have the athleticism anymore.

Let him play man coverage with some help over the top and let the rest of the team mix in zone, etc. and he should be able to play much better than last year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Say what? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Off the top of your head, who is the best nickel back in the NFL?

It's a very difficult position to play. You don't have the sideline to work with and you can barely touch WR's anymore. Every nickel back gets beat at a higher rate than outside CB's do. They're always hated by the fans. It's just a tough spot.

The league wants offense to win.

Best nickel cb is Denver Chris Harris 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I still don’t understand in a copy cat league no other team has figured out what the Pats have, the best way to deploy your best man to man CB is leave him on an Island with the #2 WR, and bracket cover every other guy.  If your shut down CB can’t stop a #2 WR for about 3-4 seconds then you have a bigger issue with a highly paid player that isn’t worth what you paid.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I still don’t understand in a copy cat league no other team has figured out what the Pats have, the best way to deploy your best man to man CB is leave him on an Island with the #2 WR, and bracket cover every other guy.  If your shut down CB can’t stop a #2 WR for about 3-4 seconds then you have a bigger issue with a highly paid player that isn’t worth what you paid.

Ive always wondered this as well

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not looking good for us right now. Don’t matter how solid the first two levels of our defense are. It’s 2019, it’s a passing league, good teams are going to pick us apart.

@Lith  posted this list earlier. 

Free Agent CBs:  Brent Grimes, Cody Sensabaugh, Shareece Wright, Sam Shields.

Captain Munnerlyn signed with the Bills yesterday

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not looking good for us right now. Don’t matter how solid the first two levels of our defense are. It’s 2019, it’s a passing league, good teams are going to pick us apart.

We spend virtually all of our high picks on Defense for years and years and we have no CBs and no pass rush.  We are flooded with run stopping Dbs and plug up the middle run stopping dlineman though.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@Lith  posted this list earlier. 

Free Agent CBs:  Brent Grimes, Cody Sensabaugh, Captain Munnerlyn, Shareece Wright, Sam Shields.

They’re mostly all older slot corners. I might would take a shot on Sam Shields but idk. Douglas might need to make a trade. Bargain bin pick ups don’t seem like they can patch up this hole.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They’re mostly all older slot corners. I might would take a shot on Sam Shields but idk. Douglas might need to make a trade. Bargain bin pick ups don’t seem like they can patch up this hole.

No way can we patch the CB position, maybe a trade with Philadelphia or Arizona.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

We spend virtually all of our high picks on Defense for years and years and we have no CBs and no pass rush.  We are flooded with run stopping Dbs and plug up the middle run stopping dlineman though.

Disgusting roster management from the last GM to the one before that and so on.

To not have starting caliber corners is one issue but not even having the depth to sorta compete at the position is another.

They have to make a move this offseason for someone if they want to really contend for the playoffs this season.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Disgusting roster management from the last GM to the one before that and so on.

To not have starting caliber corners is one issue but not even having the depth to sorta compete at the position is another.

They have to make a move this offseason for someone if they want to really contend for the playoffs this season.

If MM would have picked a CB with the 3rd pick in the 2019 NFL draft Jets fans would have burned MetLife to the ground.

We are in trouble at the CB position.  

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Who cares as long as he’s back for the regular season.  Rumors he’s back this week .

lol my friend who is a raider fan said this same thing... “he’ll be ready for week 1 and that’s all that matters”

yea ok. 

defend your team’s shiny new superstar but don’t be surprised when he isn’t in football shape and pulls his hammy in week 3 running a route. (Ala Revis hold out 2010) you can’t get in football shape unless youre getting popped with pads on for a few weeks. AB is going to run himself out of this league. Idc how good he is. He’s 31-32, a pain in the ass and not getting any younger.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

lol my friend who is a raider fan said this same thing... “he’ll be ready for week 1 and that’s all that matters”

yea ok. 

defend your team’s shiny new superstar but don’t be surprised when he isn’t in football shape and pulls his hammy in week 3 running a route. (Ala Revis hold out 2010) you can’t get in football shape unless youre getting popped with pads on for a few weeks. AB is going to run himself out of this league. Idc how good he is. He’s 31-32, a pain in the ass and not getting any younger.

That was all true while he was a Steeler.  But now that he's a Raider, he's awesome, and can be 100% without any prep time because...well...he's awesome.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Strange that Cat was brought back at all after such a strong showing Bertolet had last year. I wonder what impact he had on the Jets front office to warrent him being brought back and the only kicker in camp. Equally as strange that Cat retired as opposed to being cut. 

Probably one of those situations that Douglass called him in the office and said, "Your Fired", Cat said" you can't fire me, I quit."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Probably one of those situations that Douglass called him in the office and said, "Your Fired", Cat said" you can't fire me, I quit."

Probably close to that.  The jets said we are bringing in other guys and are going to make a change.  Then they let him bow out with grace by retiring.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

AB is going to run himself out of this league. Idc how good he is. He’s 31-32, a pain in the ass and not getting any younger.

While all this may turn out to be true, AB earned every single penny he got just like Revis prior to 2016.  The NFL is a business PERIOD STOP!  The sooner you fans accept this the easier it will be to let go of the obsession about million dollar athletes not earning their contracts from the Billionaire owners who make billions whether their team goes 0-16, or wins the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fwiw I do think our corners, and our defense overall is pretty weak. I just think the nickel position gets unfairly picked on no matter who is playing it. It's so hard in todays NFL to slow guys down in the middle of the field.

The Jets front seven is going to make up for the weak CB!!! the Jets haven't had a front seven like this in a long time defensive line is nasty with the emergence of NTfatukasi and DLQuinnen Williams.. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1