Mobile ticketing & the game day experience

Dcat

FYI -  I went to the game in Philadelphia this past weekend. (Don’t ask!) Long story, short - The experience there was as bad or worse than MetLife in terms of security lines and using mobile tickets to get through the gate. Took almost 30 minutes to get through the gate and we were heading in at 12:30 PM.  It’s the same process with the same type of live, mobile ticket at the Jets utilize. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, SAR I said:

anonymous-20180802224018.jpg

1340x1020.jpg

I'm thinking Row 7 at the lowest as a safe bet if you're near one of those exits.  Lots of railings and obstructions.

SAR I

Thanks, but that's the corner, I'm asking about sideline seats behind the 4th row "wall" (look upstairs next game to see what I'm talking about). I am thinking that they are the only non-obstructed affordable seats that are free of idiot standee risk. However, doesn't much matter because I can't see any for sale anyway

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

FYI -  I went to the game in Philadelphia this past weekend. (Don’t ask!) Long story, short - The experience there was as bad or worse than MetLife in terms of security lines and using mobile tickets to get through the gate. Took almost 30 minutes to get through the gate and we were heading in at 12:30 PM.  It’s the same process with the same type of live, mobile ticket at the Jets utilize. 

I was told the wifi and cell service there was MUCH worse than at Metlife.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If you are going to the luxury box, NFL teams will treat you like $1 million.

Otherwise you are a mark, to be fleeced, at the lowest cost to said NFL team. Mobile tickets save them printing, postage paper and staff, And they use even less staff at entry, no matter what the problems. You will be treated no better than an inmate at a correctional facility. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

True. Was never able to connect to the WiFi. 

Bizarre that Verizon is an NFL sponsor, bragging about how you can get great service like they so provide at NFL stadiums. And any game I've been to at Metlife, the Wifi either didn't work at all, or was spotty at best. 

• Upvote 3

Boy I can't wait for the "game day experience" of sitting amongst 40,000 Cowboys fans on Sunday.  Hopefully Darnold return excites enough Jets fan interest that it's only 35,000 Cowboys fans.  OH!  And I can't wait for the "game day experience" of getting home at 10pm.  And the gameday experience of the PREMIOOOOO SAUSAGEEEEE GIVEAWAY set to a delightful Crazy Train / FloRida mash-up.

Hopefully the Rays win tomorrow so that Game 1 is at Yankee Stadium on Saturday night and I'm too tired to care about all this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Otherwise you are a mark, to be fleeced, at the lowest cost to said NFL team. Mobile tickets save them printing, postage paper and staff, And they use even less staff at entry, no matter what the problems. You will be treated no better than an inmate at a correctional facility. 

I was in the Club section for the game but not a luxury box.  It was a surprisingly good experience....except for the atrocious play of the Jets.  Didn't get the full Philadelphia experience though as Eagles fans didn't even heckle me much....they just felt sorry.  By the 3rd quarter I was ready to just ask some random person to sucker punch me so that I'd really feel like I was at a Philly game.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mebunn said:

I went to the philly game with 6 tixs. Got in with my phone but when I wanted to transfer tixs to others I could not do it b/c WiFi was awful and cellular could not do it. Awful experience.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think what they do in order to preserve at least minimum performance on WiFi in stadiums is limit the number of connections per access point.  If they overload the network the experience crawls for everyone.  If they limit it to say 5,000 people in a certain corner of the stadium then in theory those folks (once connected) should get a minimally decent experience....like being able to push/receive text, app data, etc. easily but probably not stream video, etc.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Bizarre that Verizon is an NFL sponsor, bragging about how you can get great service like they so provide at NFL stadiums. And any game I've been to at Metlife, the Wifi either didn't work at all, or was spotty at best. 

I am connected on linked with a director from Verizon. He posted about 5g in NFL stadiums. I commented asking when MetLife was getting it because the current service was terrible. 

He deleted my comment. Typical.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am connected on linked with a director from Verizon. He posted about 5g in NFL stadiums. I commented asking when MetLife was getting it because the current service was terrible. 

He deleted my comment. Typical.

Have all the family cell phones, my office and 2 home accounts on Verizon. Have asked a good friend who is a VP for Verizon why cannot I just get one statement and 1 account with all the crap on it every month instead of 4. They have it ll divvied up into fiefdoms that made sense 40 years ago, but not any more. As a shareholder, don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Well, you still need to answer for dumping your tix to a Fins fan in 1987.

LOL. Only missed 3 games in 31 years, not too bad. Or terrible. Depends on which way you want to look at it. 

One was for my honeymoon. One I had to work. Only once did I say, I can't do it today. Thank you Rich Kotite.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, The Crimson King said:

Meadowlands seating question re: Upper Level

Rows 1-4 are "Upper Prime" with a concrete wall behind row 4. The first few rows are obscured a bit by the railing and the last is a big idiot-standee risk. So how about row 5, which is above the "Prime" seats? Does the railing obscure the field at all? It seems that an average height person could sit there with no obstructions without standee risk. Anyone know?

No one answered so I am posting this in case someone else needs to know and is able to search the subject

I took the chance and got tix in this row for the 10/21 game. Turns out that any obstruction is mild. The top of the 7 bars in front of you obscures the sideline but a quick lean forward takes care of that. Best of all, anyone standing in the first 4 rows do not get between you and the field at all. 

These are better priced seats than Upper row 1-4 except for the middle two sections (which are still Upper Prime) so they may be the "bargain" seats in this ballpark. No PSL's if any are available for season tix. Just stay between the 15's and on row 5 itself. 

Now not to impugn the high priced seats but to pay $1,000 for 4 seats like the fellows tailgating next to us last night and getting a game like this (the wife calls them Ollie Perez specials, they are over right at the start) hurts. Could have gone to a Michelin 3 star with that money.  

Two Thumbs Up for Upper Sideline row 5

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Citifield is now going all mobile tickets . Since I still own a flip phone , no more NFL and no more MLB games . In the long run , they are probably doing me a favor . Take your technology and stick it where the sun don't shine .

Forest Hills Tennis Stadium is all mobile tickets through an app; been there for several concerts. No problems at all. Now it doesn't seat nearly as many people as New Shea or the Meadowlands. But that venue anyway has a handle on it, mostly because they have enough personnel on hand at entry. And that really is the issue, they don't have enough people staffing the entrances. 

On 10/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, Bugg said:

Speaking of, does the new Eagles' stadium have a jail (like the vet did)?

On 10/10/2019 at 12:32 AM, Maxman said:

LOL. Only missed 3 games in 31 years, not too bad. Or terrible. Depends on which way you want to look at it. 

One was for my honeymoon. One I had to work. Only once did I say, I can't do it today. Thank you Rich Kotite.

Which were the 3 games that you missed (the dates and opponents)?  And what was their record in those 3 games?  

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Which were the 3 games that you missed (the dates and opponents)?  And what was their record in those 3 games?  

Lol. I missed a Vikings game around 2002 or 2003 somewhere in there. The Jets won.

I missed a Kotite game. The Jets lost.

The 3rd game is available only to VIP subscribers. Oh but the Jets lost.  :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Hey @SAR I I just thought of another one I'd like to add to my gripe list.

Did you hear how many times they played that "MAKE SOME NOISEEEE" clip last Sunday?  I wanted to throw myself off the mezz.

Yes.  Can't stand it.  Being ordered to make noise makes us, wait for it, not want to make noise.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

7 home games into it and I still am not a fan of mobile tickets.  

Every week they have problems scanning mine. Brand New Android phone. Takes a few minutes.

I had to call the Jets because two games ago only one of my seats showed as scanned inliy. I guess the guy said screw it and just let us in.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Lol. I missed a Vikings game around 2002 or 2003 somewhere in there. The Jets won.

I missed a Kotite game. The Jets lost.

The 3rd game is available only to VIP subscribers. Oh but the Jets lost.  :)

Do you remember which Kotite game you missed?  Or it's fuzzy at this point?  Btw, since you're trying to do JN media, you should put out some videos of some Jet memories you've had through all those years of going to the games.

Btw, did you go to Denver for that Parcells AFC CG?

• 2 years later...