Not as devastating as made out to be

1. I don't want Darnold being killed behind an OL that has yet to gel and by the time he would probably come back (and I would give him as much time as possible to recover) the OL should be more solidified and gelled in terms of communications.

2. If we do go 0-6 or whatever by the time he comes back, then the pressure is back to where we were at the end of last year only he should have better playmakers with Bell and Herndon back from suspension.

The media and some fans (not here) are thinking about this too much in terms of this season' too short term. They blew a 16 point lead to Buffalo. Chances are they weren't making the playoffs anyway.

They are acting like Sam Darnold is dead. He's not dead lol.

Long term we're basically in the same place and if you believe in Joe Douglas, in good hands. 

Obviously it sucks to lose him, but I don't think it's as devastating as it is made out to be

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jgb said:

This is an absurd take. Football players get better by playing football. So you are happy that literally the only positive that could possibly come out of this season--Sam's development--is now being retarded?

All reasonable people knew going into this season that this season was, like last season, about Sam growing as the team has no chance to make playoffs.

Again, NOT DEAD. Sick. 

• Thumb Down 1

Meh, there's no blessing when your potential franchise QB becomes ill and misses a quarter of the season. However, it's not the deathknell that many are making it out to be, considering if he is the guy, we have a decade plus of putting a team around him. Still stings, but not as bad as going into the season with Fitzy as your starting QB and no future behind him. We've been through worse. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess blessing in disguise might have meant that I actually wanted him to be sick. I should have said, I dont think it's as big a detriment as people are making it out to be I.E the end of the world

Oh, The Jets world ended in the late 60s.

Youre a little late

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I guess blessing in disguise might have meant that I actually wanted him to be sick. I should have said, I dont think it's as big a detriment as people are making it out to be I.E the end of the world

I thought I had one week to live. I went to the doctor. He told me I had two weeks. 

Blessing in disguise?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

By the way this is devastating. This season was DOA before it began. Getting Sam reps is the raison d'etre of the whole slate. Now we suck and Sam won't be building skills for the future. Very little reason to watch except for the masochists among us, which most of us are.

Do the words "He's not dead" mean anything to you

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do the words "He's not dead" mean anything to you

You do realize the NFL won't give him make up development games, correct?

And by the way, I'm nowhere near convinced Darnold is a franchise QB. He absolutely needs the reps. There is no substitute for them.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

By the way this is devastating. This season was DOA before it began. Getting Sam reps is the raison d'etre of the whole slate. Now we suck and Sam won't be building skills for the future. Very little reason to watch except for the masochists among us, which most of us are.

Gallows humour ie Jets 2019.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I mean the good news is Sam is still only 22. The lost reps suck but he's essentially a year younger than every other 2nd year guy. He has time still. 

• Upvote 2