Not as devastating as made out to be

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

I mean the good news is Sam is still only 22. The lost reps suck but he's essentially a year younger than every other 2nd year guy. He has time still. 

I'm not saying this will make him bust. But he's a 2nd year QB who had a very up and down first year. He needs those games.

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. I don't want Darnold being killed behind an OL that has yet to gel and by the time he would probably come back (and I would give him as much time as possible to recover) the OL should be more solidified and gelled in terms of communications.

2. If we do go 0-6 or whatever by the time he comes back, then the pressure is back to where we were at the end of last year only he should have better playmakers with Bell and Herndon back from suspension.

The media and some fans (not here) are thinking about this too much in terms of this season' too short term. They blew a 16 point lead to Buffalo. Chances are they weren't making the playoffs anyway.

They are acting like Sam Darnold is dead. He's not dead lol.

Long term we're basically in the same place and if you believe in Joe Douglas, in good hands. 

Obviously it sucks to lose him, but I don't think it's as devastating as it is made out to be

You can't possibly be for real with this drivel? One freaking game into the season and you're already touting some perceived silver lining nonsense. This is just as bad as it gets. If the Jets didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any luck at all.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. I don't want Darnold being killed behind an OL that has yet to gel and by the time he would probably come back (and I would give him as much time as possible to recover) the OL should be more solidified and gelled in terms of communications.

2. If we do go 0-6 or whatever by the time he comes back, then the pressure is back to where we were at the end of last year only he should have better playmakers with Bell and Herndon back from suspension.

The media and some fans (not here) are thinking about this too much in terms of this season' too short term. They blew a 16 point lead to Buffalo. Chances are they weren't making the playoffs anyway.

Long term we're basically in the same place and if you believe in Joe Douglas, in good hands. 

Obviously it sucks to lose him, but I don't think it's as devastating as it is made out to be

dog monkey GIF

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im looking forward to monday night.  Maybe simien will actually throw the ball down the field and score some points.

I can do w/o Dinkin Darnold till after the bye.

"To start, I don't think the fact that Newton threw one deep pass all game is particularly meaningful in itself. Drew Brees, for example, threw only one pass 20-plus yards downfield on Monday night, and nobody has suggested that his arm strength is compromised. Half of the league's starting quarterbacks had at least one start last season in which they threw only one 20-plus-yard pass, and guys such as Brees, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger had starts when they didn't even throw one."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27593951/barnwell-week-1-disasters-predicting-which-get-better

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, SOJ said:

he probably will be put 6-8 weeks unless he has a miraculous recovery which I doubt.  Mono is serious and he will lose weight - already has and will not have any energy.  His spleen will swell and he needs to AVOID any contact sport or he could die...  if you do not believe me check out Web MD or other sites. 

Jets need to be careful here...

Spleen may or may not swell, each case is different

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im looking forward to monday night.  Maybe simien will actually throw the ball down the field and score some points.

The real issue is Siemian isn't mobile at all and our oline is garbage. Sam got sacked too much on Sunday. Expect double digit sacks for the Browns Monday.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You do realize the NFL won't give him make up development games, correct?

And by the way, I'm nowhere near convinced Darnold is a franchise QB. He absolutely needs the reps. There is no substitute for them.

There absolutely IS a substitute for reps this year that will far benefit Darnold's long-term future:

Trading him to a legitimate franchise.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean yes + the season is over.

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Remember when you said McCown would play better than Darnold during his injury last year and prove that it was Sam holding back Bates and then it turned out that he wasn't when McCown came in and played worse?  I remember that fondly.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Remember when you said McCown would play better than Darnold during his injury last year and prove that it was Sam holding back Bates and then it turned out that he wasn't when McCown came in and played worse?  I remember that fondly.

I did say that.  I was wrong.  But I believe mccown hit that threshold where he is over the hill.  He cant play anymore.

Simien will lead us to victory monday night.  Hes got this.

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He was ill. It all makes sense now. He just didn't tell anyone due to the expectations of opening day.

It does make sense which is kind of comforting. He wasn’t “terrible either”. It’s still extremely unfortunate and devastating for this year and his development. It at least explains how he seemed off week 1. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I personally think this is a blessing in disguise for two main reasons.

I hate that fans given up on the whole season after 1 game... It's BS. 

That is all

• Haha 1