Wife of US Diplomat to UK kills man, Woody invokes diplomatic immunity

I am sure they are angry, however there are valid reasons for diplomatic immunity.

That being said, I hope she wasn't either drunk or impaired, or involved in other generally accepted illegal behavior by US standards/laws, or they should have made her available for questioning/investigation.  Was it a genuine 'accident'??

Article talks a lot about how upset people are, not too much into what happened so who knows?

I'm not sure what Woody did that was so bad? It sounds like an accident to me. No mention of her being intoxicated in any way. She's probably negligent it sounds like, but I don't think they throw people in jail for being the negligent party in a car accident. The victims family will still able to sue her for negligence. They are talking about her being whisked away before she gets justice? I'm not exactly sure what the laws are in the UK, but I can't imagine the bobbies would be able to do much more to her than issue a summons for reckless driving?

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not sure what Woody did that was so bad? It sounds like an accident to me. No mention of her being intoxicated in any way. She's probably negligent it sounds like, but I don't think they throw people in jail for being the negligent party in a car accident. The victims family will still able to sue her for negligence. They are talking about her being whisked away before she gets justice? I'm not exactly sure what the laws are in the UK, but I can't imagine the bobbies would be able to do much more to her than issue a summons for reckless driving?

She could potentially be prosecuted for causing death by dangerous driving, or causing death by careless driving. Hitting someone because you're driving on the wrong side of the road would certainly qualify. Maximum sentence is 14 years in prison for death by dangerous driving, 5 years for death by careless driving.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than the family, which people are "absolutely outraged"?

And what's on Woody?

Quite strong public feeling in this case. Young guy killed, person who allegedly caused it flees country is not a good look.

She will not necessarily be given immunity if it turns out she was criminal pre se. We just don’t know the facts,  BUT until cooler heads prevail, this prevents an over reaction that would be difficult to walk back. 

hate to say it but sounds like this was agreed to by BOTH sides to save face and that the poor family is being told she fled on her own etc. 

If this was a true criminal case, she would be extradited I imagine but who knows.  I am NO FAN of Woody but sounds like he did this with full authority of those above him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

She will not necessarily be given immunity if it turns out she was criminal pre se. We just don’t know the facts,  BUT until cooler heads prevail, this prevents an over reaction that would be difficult to walk back. 

hate to say it but sounds like this was agreed to by BOTH sides to save face and that the poor family is being told she fled on her own etc. 

If this was a true criminal case, she would be extradited I imagine but who knows.  I am NO FAN of Woody but sounds like he did this with full authority of those above him. 

His mom and Chris? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beer Mule said:

Flies her out of the country so she doesn’t stand trial. People are absolutely outraged

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/05/us-diplomats-wife-claims-immunity-leaves-uk-afterfatal-road/

Everything okay with your other account? Seems weird that you would switch, let me know if you need me to reset the password on that account.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

All we know is of the outrage, and that is understood....but

This 'event' occurred like 6 weeks ago...and no more information about their theories here?

The 'event' occurred according to the article 'right outside a US Spy/Intel base'...you telling us there are no videos or pictures?  No witnesses?  Where's the car?  Was it 6 am? 3 pm? 3 am?  they still don't know what this lady, a suspect of theirs, was doing before the accident?  In this day and electronic age?

Weird article all around.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Everything okay with your other account? Seems weird that you would switch, let me know if you need me to reset the password on that account.

No, I’m good where I’m at. This was intended. Regarding your reply, it seems weird to me that you took this article the way you did. I don’t know if you have an issue with what I did, but if you want to ban me I honestly don’t give a ****. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Beer Mule said:

No, I’m good where I’m at. This was intended. Regarding your reply, it seems weird to me that you took this article the way you did. I don’t know if you have an issue with what I did, but if you want to ban me I honestly don’t give a ****. Thanks. 

You signed up for a fake account and posted something along the line of politics. Thanks for the permission to ban you though lol.

• Upvote 1