OT: Matt Rhule

CTJetsFan

6 hours ago, isired said:

He should have hired the guy that's propelled the talentless Browns Offensive juggernaut?

While I don't necessarily disagree that Rhule could have been a great choice here, Monken may be getting a bad rap. He is stuck with an immature, Alpha wanna be offensive mind as his boss. Kitchens in his first job as a HC after having only half a season as an OC has been sticking his hands in the meatloaf since training camp. It's also a problem that Kitchens had success with Baker last year and it's his show. That's not a great scenario for an OC to have his way with the offense. 

Truth is I don't even really like Monken and didn't want him as our HC or our OC, but the Browns situation is tough to get a real guage of how he is actually doing there. If the Browns don't get it together soon and peel off a few wins in a row I could see Monken being the scapegoat. 

• Upvote 2

I'll give you that.
The thing I want for the Jets is a great head coach, leader or men, organizer.  The whole ball of wax.
In my opinion the Jets have had two DCs and one OC as head coach the last 3 coaches.
Rx and Bowles were all defense, Gase is all offense.  They are coordinators that want final say.
Completely disagree with this ...rec was all defense and stifled the offense with his conservative b******* .

Gace is all offense but has left the defense to a head coach basically there's all-defense a much better strategy in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So the Jets were trying to dictate the OC for HC hires (link please)? Was this Chris Johnson wisdom or another Mac masterpiece? FFS

Because they should have?  Because they had a rookie QB at the time who needed development and they were insistent that he brings in a OC with NFL experience instead of someone without a history.  You would have done differently or is it just another reason to complain about a Johnson?  

Its not like we had an established QB like Stafford whos already developed.  I dont blame them at all. 

Ruhle came in as the underdog.  I think the Jets admitted they leaned towards a HC with NFL exp but were open to a college coach.  Then Ruhle insists on having a college staff in the NFL with a developing QB.  

16 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I didn’t have a problem with it when it came to Rhule.

Supposedly he was hell bent on bringing nothing but a bunch of college assistants with him.

No f*cking way you entrust Darnold’s development to a bunch of green dicks who have never even stepped on an NFL sideline in a coaching capacity.

Agreed. He was not the right fit for us at that time. He might end up being a good one, but trusting Darnold's development to a rookie Head Coach and potentially a bunch of rookie assistants would not have been a smart decision. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Icer said:

If Rhule was the coach, we would still have Maccagnan so this might have worked out in the end

Great point. 

Gase and Douglas or Rhule and Maccagnan.

That's really what the choice would have been by this point. Getting rid of Macc was an unexpected added bonus from hiring Gase. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because they should have?  Because they had a rookie QB at the time who needed development and they were insistent that he brings in a OC with NFL experience instead of someone without a history.  You would have done differently or is it just another reason to complain about a Johnson?  

Its not like we had an established QB like Stafford whos already developed.  I dont blame them at all. 

Ruhle came in as the underdog.  I think the Jets admitted they leaned towards a HC with NFL exp but were open to a college coach.  Then Ruhle insists on having a college staff in the NFL with a developing QB.  

I get the concern, but then don’t interview him. Cant ask a guy who’s been coming up the ranks to change how he does his program. Personally I think the need for overdressed resumes Is way overblown. Rhules people would have come up with Sam and they would have been fine. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get the concern, but then don’t interview him. Cant ask a guy who’s been coming up the ranks to change how he does his program. Personally I think the need for overdressed resumes Is way overblown. Rhules people would have come up with Sam and they would have been fine. 

In fairness, until they interviewed him and asked how would they know who he had in mind as his OC or that he wouldn't be open to the suggestion that given the QB would he be open to someone with NFL experience?  I would think if I owned a multi billion dollar operation I would have questions about how my top resource is brought along.  We are a team where the suggestion is that Sanchez was ruined by bad coaching,

You could be right with Ruhles choice of OC.  But lets also admit, none of us knows if the OC would have made a difference, we dont know that he was their top choice and would have been hire with the supposed choice of OC.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Completely disagree with this ...rec was all defense and stifled the offense with his conservative b******* .

Gace is all offense but has left the defense to a head coach basically there's all-defense a much better strategy in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

REx never stiffled anything, he handed the offense to shotty.

Bolwes hand the offense to bates mortoj galey and didnlt care

Gase is handig the defense to williams and doesn't care.

All of those guys are coordinators that care abut their side of the ball, in game are working on that side of the ball .

Gase is a coordiantor that lets the other coordinator do what he wants.

None of these guys are good well round head coaches and leaders of both sides of the ball.

36 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

no way of knowing therefore your statement is pure malarkey. could have might have.....

Sam also 'coulda' hated Rhule from Day One.  That's another possibility.  And where would that have left us.  Sam talked to Gase before the hire

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Gase is handig the defense to williams and doesn't care.

All of those guys are coordinators that care abut their side of the ball, in game are working on that side of the ball .

Gase is a coordiantor that lets the other coordinator do what he wants.

None of these guys are good well round head coaches and leaders of both sides of the ball.

Other that you putting your usual, everyday negative slant on this, how do you know?  You cant tell us without a stitch of proof that Gase doesnt speak with Williams, doesnt get info on the defensive plan or tell he what hed like to see happen?  Where do people come up with these dream scapes that they pawn off as facts.  In your case facts that prove he isnt a well rounded HC.  Does Belichick make up game plans for the offense?  Does he stand in the room and draw out the plays for the next game?  Or does he have input to what he would like to see that week.  

Guess hes not a well rounded HC either.