Did Darnold open his mouth?

Nixhead

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

13th best offense with monoless Darnold.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Considering Baker leads the NFL in interceptions right now it would be kind of a weird thing for him to say. 

You worse than the announcers during the game bringing up the offensive stats from while the kid was even playing. Shame on you, expect better from you. 

Don't mind Warfish.  He still pines for Kirk Cousins.  

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m ok with unstoppable offense. 

lol if last years KC Offense could be stopped for an entire half, I am pretty sure so can this offense.  that said, he didnt say anything note worthy in there.. OMG he thinks they are great when healthy! shocker.. NOT.. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Considering Baker leads the NFL in interceptions right now it would be kind of a weird thing for him to say. 

You worse than the announcers during the game bringing up the offensive stats from while the kid wasn’t even playing. Shame on you, expect better from you. 

I clearly didn't take things one post at a time, or give this thread 110%.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also this thread title had me worried that Darnold was opening his mouth for more chicks who are loaded up with viruses.  

At least he can't get mono a 2nd time.  

We should send you to pontificate the virtues of middle aged virginity.

Cant get sick from hugging!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I’m still trying to figure out what’s so wrong  with opening your mouth. How the hell else you gonna eat?

I know that feeding tube technology isn't currently capable of delivering the 40k calories a day needed to maintain your figure, but it would suffice for most people.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nice story

He said nothing he hasn't said before.  He said the offense can be unstoppable right after he got with Gase and in the preseason.  

Got to watch those pressers ?

And what does this have to do with Mayfield?  

dumb bad robot GIF

Talk about Mayfield-obsessed!  Whoever brought him into the thread would be the truly obsessed.

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I clearly didn't take things one post at a time, or give this thread 110%.

It's a process.

I felt the momentum swinging, my posting competitive juices were flowing, I really had to dig deep, express some mental toughness, make sure I did all the little things, really decide to take it one post at a time, this could be my post of destiny after all.  I tried to make my post be all heart, to give it 110%, do the things that don't show up in the post count column, you know,  I was proud of how I really hung in there, after all a post win is a post win, and I could use it as a building block to finally get that posting monkey off my back.  I wanted to shock the world, make my own breaks, and just find a way to post.  Pound for pound, I am, after all, the best poster on JN, with unlimited potential, and real upside as a elite 5-skill posting prospect.  You can't teach that.  I post the right way,  and I came out a little more focused this post knowing there was no tomorrow.  It's post well, or go home.  Championship time.  I couldn't have written better script to this Cinderella posting story.  Nobody believed in me, despite my being a proven winner who just wanted it more.  I didn't beat myself, because posting truly is a game of inches, and I just didn't want to disappoint my forum-mates.  I was in a league of my own, well, maybe with Tom Shane, because he and I have unbelievable chemistry.  We both just silence the critics, carry JN on our backs, with ice water in our veins, a tireless work ethic and nothing but our A-games every day.  JN rallied around us.  There truly is no "I" in this team.  Both posters posted hard, but today was just my day.  I post to win the day.  Posting records are made to be broken, after all.  Even Father Time can't stop my posting.

Now lets all enjoy this moment, and get us a damn snack.     

• Sympathy 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, Nixhead said:

Sam Darnold says Jets can be 'unstoppable as an offense' once Chris Herndon returns

play

Ninkovich laughs at the thought of Jets beating Patriots (2:37)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jetsquarterback Sam Darnold, not known for bold statements, stepped out of character on Thursday, setting huge expectations for his offense.

"Right now, we're just missing Chris [Herndon]. Once all the guys are back together, I think we're unstoppable as an offense -- or we can be," he said, referencing the injured tight end.

"It's just up to us and how we execute. It's really up to us how many points we score, I think. I think we're capable of so many points. With our offensive line, too, the way they played last game, with the way we've been running the ball and the way they've been protecting, sky's the limit for us."

Darnold's return last week ignited the previously dormant offense. He passed for 338 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets' upset win over the Dallas Cowboys.

Before that, though, the Jets were historically bad. With Darnold sidelined for three games with mononucleosis, they managed only one offensive touchdown. All told, the Jets have five touchdowns from scrimmage through six weeks, the fewest in franchise history. They rank last in nearly every offensive category.

On Monday night, the Jets (1-4) face the New England Patriots (6-0), who lead the NFL in most defensive categories. Herndon (hamstring) is unlikely to play, but he could return the following week.

The Jets really don’t want to give N.E. any kind of motivation for this upcoming game. I can guarantee Belichick is telling his team the Jets are an up and coming team with a young up and coming QB and let’s not give them an inch of breathing room and let them get confident. I’m sure Darnold comments will be the talk of the day at Pats defensive practice tomorrow. Cmon Sam u gotta know that u say 1 thing to a reporter and they are gonna twist it into something else. Your a smart kid but you got to dummy up like Belichick when u talk. 

I really don't know what is so offensive about this? This is Sam Darnold voicing his confidence in what this offense can become. I think it's an excellent motivational tactic for a young leader to use to motivate his team. In reality, it doesn't matter though. There's no possible way this team can beat the patsies. Bellichick is going to take away both Bell and Crowder. He's going to stack the box to stop Bell and he's going to put bracket coverage on Jamison Crowder, thereby neutralizing them all together. Darnold still needs a decent running game to get his passing game going. Under those circumstances he'll feel like he has to take too many chances and he'll eventually make some mistakes with the football. The Jets defense has pretty much sucked for years now. They can't stop the patsy offense. Patsies are going to win this in a romp.

I really don't know what is so offensive about this? This is Sam Darnold voicing his confidence in what this offense can become. I think it's an excellent motivational tactic for a young leader to use to motivate his team. In reality, it doesn't matter though. There's no possible way this team can beat the patsies. Bellichick is going to take away both Bell and Crowder. He's going to stack the box to stop Bell and he's going to put bracket coverage on Jamison Crowder, thereby neutralizing them all together. Darnold still needs a decent running game to get his passing game going. Under those circumstances he'll feel like he has to take too many chances and he'll eventually make some mistakes with the football. The Jets defense has pretty much sucked for years now. They can't stop the patsy offense. Patsies are going to win this in a romp.

Love the optimism

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app